Illegal Loadouts

Ice

Maybe it's a good idea to crosscheck witht he mp_log.

The process should be something like:

Check Logs

Wait for it to happen again and record track.

At this point you have enough evidence.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ruggbutt

According to the log, a pilot once dropped an F-16C on a target from his A-10A.

I've found that to get into the combat zone quicker in the A10, that if you load an F16 (or and F18) on the center pylon, you can go mach+. Once you drop it you're only gonna get 325kts on the trip home.

I only drop the F16 if it's my last piece of ordnance. Besides, I have a hell of a time keeping it locked onto armor that's moving. :D

Ok, now that I'm little bit cooled of from all the emotions, which were overwhelming me when I first saw this thread couple of hours ago…

This accusation was ridiculous from beginning. I’m member of old, well-known and respected virtual pilot squad “609”. Our site: http://www.609squadron.com/ our forum: http://www.609squadron.com/phpBB2/index.php Of course we are primary flying IL2 FB+PF. But me and couple of other 609 started to fly LO as well. We have very strict code of conduct and no 609ner ever did any dishonest actions on-line! One simply would get kicked out of squad IMMEDIATELY! So if I wanted to cheat, god forbid, would I do it with my 609_Vosxod call sign?!? Now, some of too active kick-all-who-can-beat-me guys here with big imagination may suggest something like “yes, you would not, unless you wanted us to believe that you would not and still used you real call sign” :) Well, possible, of course… but come on! ;)

Anyhow, I’m still going to try to clear with ICE what happened and check to see if log was wrong somehow. That of course if 169 is willing to investigate the situation and not just accuse other squads members. And I still expect ICE to apologize for calling me a cheater!

609_Vosxod

Pretty hilarious this is ... i just joined a game on HL as 123rd_FunnyBunny - you can

take any name you want and if you join by IP there shouldn't be a trace to follow back

(unless you have a static IP).

So, think twice before you blame a callsign to be a cheater.

you mean anyone can be impersonated?!

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

um... the F16 thing was an obvious glitch in that log. Stuff like that is easy to dismiss as another cute bug. The EA missile appearing in the log? That is not a glitch.

Anyway- take the IP logged in the 169th server- compare it to his IP from another server log. Even if it's dynamic- they should be similar.

Pretty hilarious this is ... i just joined a game on HL as 123rd_FunnyBunny - you can

take any name you want and if you join by IP there shouldn't be a trace to follow back

(unless you have a static IP).

So, think twice before you blame a callsign to be a cheater.

What is your point?

If there was already another 123rd_FunnyBunny then I guess it was not possible to register another 123rd_FunnyBunny right?

Anyway I am almost sure there is an explanation. 609_Vosxod was maybe using a mod or maybe the EA loadout was saved on default in the server options.

DELL Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 940 2,93 GHz @3 GHz, 8 MB cache | 8.192 MB 1.067 MHz Tri Channel DDR3

| 512 MB ATI® Radeon™ 4850 | 500 GB 7200 rpm Serial ATA | Samsung SM 2693 HM 25.5 " | HOTAS Cougar Thrustmaster |

you mean anyone can be impersonated?!

Well, i've connected to the game under different name first, but i saw some pilots from

his squad therein and reconnected. If you see the coalition screen, just enter a different

name while you are listed under 'Spectators'. No problem ;-)

Hwg, now after a new connect, i've joined as 123rd_FunnyBunny - didn't have to change my callsign.

What is your point?

If there was already another 123rd_FunnyBunny then I guess it was not possible to register another 123rd_FunnyBunny right?

Anyway I am almost sure there is an explanation. 609_Vosxod was maybe using a mod or maybe the EA loadout was saved on default in the server options.

Sorry, but you can connect to the game as whoever you want. This has nothing to do

with HL at all. If you connect to a Lomac game by IP (a second connect, for example),

you don't even have to go via HL.

Well, i've connected to the game under different name first, but i saw some pilots from

his squad therein and reconnected. If you see the coalition screen, just enter a different

name while you are listed under 'Spectators'. No problem ;-)

Hwg, now after a new connect, i've joined as 123rd_FunnyBunny - didn't have to change my callsign.

And this is since 1.11?

DELL Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 940 2,93 GHz @3 GHz, 8 MB cache | 8.192 MB 1.067 MHz Tri Channel DDR3

| 512 MB ATI® Radeon™ 4850 | 500 GB 7200 rpm Serial ATA | Samsung SM 2693 HM 25.5 " | HOTAS Cougar Thrustmaster |

OK PEOPLE. I just saw this thread and could not reply earlier. But it’s amazing how in such short time my honest name was dirtied by some…

ICE: I expect HUGE apologies from you as you started this shit here! I NEVER cheated with loadouts. So check you goddamn server see WTF is wrong with it! NEVER cheated with ANY game in my life! PERIOD.

MrWolf-Loskins: WTF is your problem? Yes I remember this mission where I made it close to your base and saw 2 Su25 take off and head to the target. So I approached you evidentely and tried to gun you down (could have killed you 100 times with R73 btw). WHAT IS WRONG WITH THAT? WTF are you talking about ”spamming/mad dogging and vulching”?!?! Are you out of your mind?

And for you bSr.L()Csta, TucksonSonny, S77th-Paralyzer, Chizh – how can you believe I’m cheating? I’m here on the forums all the time! I’m first supporter of honest game and never new what the hell needs to be don’t to change those loadouts! I don’t even know what this R-27EA missile is!

S77th-Paralyzer – it’s VERY cheap you mention missile effectiveness! Yes I think you are wrong having it on your server on max. But it’s your right – do as you wish. But you just keep attacking me for my beliefs… And you go person each time! UN-F-BELIEVABLE!

Shame on you people! :icon_frow

Sorry to be blunt.

You need a shovel? Pic’s and the log books speak loader then words….:icon_redf

Sorry, but you can connect to the game as whoever you want. This has nothing to do

with HL at all. If you connect to a Lomac game by IP (a second connect, for example),

you don't even have to go via HL.

I have a solution for all this mess:

Clients have to register on daily basis via email (web mail not allowed)

Clients must give IP address (checked with www.whatismyipaddress.com on that day) and call sign (HL registered name only) that will be used together with this IP address.

As a result the host knows the email address, the IP-address and the HL call sign that was used.

If this client request was validated and accepted then the host could send back a daily mission password.

Folks who were not connected with validated name and IP-address can be kicked out later.

Of course cheaters are identified then via their unique email account.

Nice try, but FAR from a good security implementation. ;)

The game simply should not allow the host's weapons configs to be overriden, and that's all there is to this.

Anything else is probably too cumbersome and too intrusive, not to mention a total PITA to actually work - it'll just destroy the community when players finally get fed up with being treated as potential cheaters - and in addition to this, server owners who undoubtedly want control of their own server's 'registration' list, will have to invest in verification software and who knows what else - and what happens if someone's email account ends up in the hands of a person they didn't want them to either?

BAD solution. BAD.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Sorry to be blunt.

You need a shovel? Pic’s and the log books speak loader then words….:icon_redf

But I'm telling you I DID NOT CHEAT! Have no mods in my LO or anything like that. Believe you me, I'd have enough guts to say I cheated.

It's a pic OF the log book so it's realy only the 1 thing - & as someone pointed out the logs are not very reliable.

Shooting a couple of SU25s down as they climb out of the sky might not be in the best spirit of good sportsmanship, but it's not the same as illegal loads + the fact that he is a regular does make you think that if he was going to do it (at least on purpose) he wouldn't use his own name.

Cheers.