This game is buried

Profet

While DCS A10 is in the front page of Steam (and on sale) it is still buried inside Origin. There is still no way to get to this game from the Origin application, except if you look for it typing in the search area. Is anybody from ED complaining about this?

Also, a couple of friends have asked me about where to buy this game -Origin, Steam or direct buy- so my question is: what do you get when you buy from Steam or Origin...just the A10 or DCS:World with the A10 in it? what about updates?...other modules?

Thanks.

[sIGPIC]sigpic72422_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

I believe the version that Steam is selling is only the standalone version, i could be wrong but i don't think you can download DCS World from steam ???.

Personally i would advise your friends to download DCS World from this site and then purchase the modules they want directly from here too.

It's easier and will keep things simpler regarding activation's/updates, especially now that DCS World now has an auto updater..

Regards...

Win 11 Home 64Bit, i7-13700K@5.2Ghz Water Cooled, 32 Gb RAM, PNY RTX4090, HP Reverb, PICO 4, Quest 3, Realsimulator FSSB R3, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Pedals.

I believe the version that Steam is selling is only the standalone version, i could be wrong but i don't think you can download DCS World from steam ???.

Personally i would advise your friends to download DCS World from this site and then purchase the modules they want directly from here too.

It's easier and will keep things simpler regarding activation's/updates, especially now that DCS World now has an auto updater..

Regards...

The DCS A-10C Serial key you get with the steam version works on the ED site too and can be used for the A-10C World module.

The DCS A-10C Serial key you get with the steam version works on the ED site too and can be used for the A-10C World module.

This. I purchased BS1 long ago on a steam sale. Also bought A10 on a steam sale a while back.

I then purchased the BS2 upgrade from here. It all works together in World just fine.

i5 3570k @ 4.3

560ti GTX 2gig

8gig RAM

Intel SSD

Win7 64bit

If you purchase the discounted standalone version from Steam you'll still need to download DCS world and also the A-10C module from this site.

Hopefully after you have installed both the DCS World program and it's relevant A-10C module it will recognize that you already have a Steam version of the game installed on your computer and your A-10C module will then activate ok within World.

Once the module has been activated you might as well delete the Steam version from your hard drive (if that's possible) in order to save on hard disk space, otherwise that's 4 or 5Gb sat there doing nothing.

So just to clarify, the version that you will buy from Steam will most probably be standalone version V.111, other then playing it as a standalone version it's only other use would be to activate it's relevant DCS World module.

You cannot obtain DCS World or any of it's modules from Steam.

Personally i'd rather not rely on Steam and would always go for the most direct route possible.

Regards...

EDIT.....

From what Winz and lokitexas have both posted it looks like you'll have no problems using the Steam version to activate it's relevant World module................. and buying at a 50% discount makes sense !!!.....

Edited by Gunnergolly

Win 11 Home 64Bit, i7-13700K@5.2Ghz Water Cooled, 32 Gb RAM, PNY RTX4090, HP Reverb, PICO 4, Quest 3, Realsimulator FSSB R3, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Pedals.

I'm surprised at the ratings on Steam, while not bad they are not where i would expect them to be:

Ka50 : 82

A10c: 87

Both deserve higher.. especially the ka-50, when it came out there was nothing close to it.

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

TM Warthog, Saitek combat pro pedals, TrackIR 4

but it has a 50% discount on steam...

If you've bought it from Steam, all you need is the serial number provided.

Open up Steam and start the A-10C download. As soon as it gets to the point of downloading, pause it. In the library, right-click on the A-10C link in your list of games and go to something along the lines of "View CD key". Probably a good idea to save it to a text file for later reference.

You can then right-click on the library link again and go to "Delete Local Content..." to get rid of the bit it had downloaded/started to install.

Then you just download DCS World, and the DCS A-10C download (1.2.1 or latest etc) from the DCS website and use your Steam CD key.

Hope that helps.