Thrustmaster Warthog Extension

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

got my extension today.

initially the buttons were not working.

disassembled the extension top, removed the hot glue, removed 3mm off the connector plastic housing, removed a little off the inside of extension top to allow space for a wire soldered to the connector shell, replaced the hot glue & now it works.

thanks

miky, mine was hot glued in.

i just just cut the hot glue loose from the ps2 connector & extension top with a heavy duty exacto knife. then pulled the loose hot glue out with needle nose pliers.

once the hot glue was out i applied some firm pressure to the front of the ps2 shell & gently twisted the ps2 connector body.

miky, mine was hot glued in.

i just just cut the hot glue loose from the ps2 connector & extension top with a heavy duty exacto knife. then pulled the loose hot glue out with needle nose pliers.

once the hot glue was out i applied some firm pressure to the front of the ps2 shell & gently twisted the ps2 connector body.

I am not sure, that mine was hot glued.

DSC_01.jpg.1b5663aed1fc1aaab72c46c640b22521.jpg

DSC_04.jpg.540ae62154dd513c01cd82e451a3cb18.jpg

DSC_05.jpg.3677c2c55ae23c9be98127d3d413d9de.jpg

miky, if you take out the phillips screw on side of the extension tube you can removed the extension cap from the tube. be carefull as there are short wires inside. then you can see the backside of the ps2 connector, thats where the hot glue is.

Woohoo, my extensions here. Just wish damn customs didn't slap a £20 excess on it.

Bloody government

Fingers crossed it works fine

Cowboy10uk

edit : Works a treat, no hassle just plug and go. Fantastic work thanks

Edited by Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Hi Miky - sorry - just had a time to have a look at the forum and found your problem - it might have glued the cable in - I'll send you new cable and top. pm me you address please.

Hi DEWorley - the gray color is just a plastic - the cables are coming in mixed batches and acc to the manufacturer there should be no other difference.

Hi Cowboy10uk - can't believe they have charged you tax on such a small item. All ok?

Just in case somebody will have urgent problem and needs a help - send me a copy to my email just in case I'll be busy and forget to check the forum - will try to help asap. cheers :-)

Hi Zahry, that's the UK goverment for you, they would tax us for breathing if they could. ;)

The extension is great, works a treat can't believe how much of a difference it has made, was just thinking it would move the stick to the right height to be comfy, but damn its even improved my flying.

:)

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

just noticed the question about the offset - if you undo the 2 screws which hold the male connector (at the bottom of the extension) you can rotate it left or right and there are 2 holes on each side with 20º offset for the screws - I'll take some photos and post it

• 2 weeks later...
just noticed the question about the offset - if you undo the 2 screws which hold the male connector (at the bottom of the extension) you can rotate it left or right and there are 2 holes on each side with 20º offset for the screws - I'll take some photos and post it

I am about to order.

When I enter a length in the paypal comments is this the length of

the cylindrical centre section of the extension or the total length

of the extension or the exact amount of extension you will get after installation?

Thanks,

gb.

Hi Zahry,

man you need to rethink your quality management. Seriously. Item arrived today. Attached it - buttons do not work. System freezes. Again and again.

Totally disassemble your extension and checked all Pin to Pin connections with a multimeter. Found out that one pin connection is not working. So had to check all the wires to check if a cable is broken.

Then I Found out: The freaking red cable belongs to the pin that should be dead (Thanks to metalnwood's post at SimHQ). You accidently connected the wrong pins and cut off the correct wire for the missing pin connection.

It obviously can't work like that! Hope it did not damage my hardware.

However the worst thing is that my wife is mad at me, because I spend the whole afternoon to find this out. Grrrrr!! :-P

I now must cut down the whole ps2 connector to get access to the cable you accidently cut off and solder it to the crippled cable on the other connector. Fingers crossed.

*Image shows the "pin that should be dead -but isn't". Therefor the pin right from this "dead pin" should be connected - but it ain't. :-/

IMG_0459.JPG

@Miky: my delivery took quite a while but I don't blame zahry for that. The delay was caused by customs or toll whatwever you call those mosquitos.

Edited by rawtoxin