A-10 USB engine gauges

hegykc

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How's this going guys?

Hi. I have taken up a business opportunity, in order to fund buying equipment neccesary to produce this on a more professional level. And to keep the prices down, as I wont have to outsource any work, and everything can be done in-house.

I am currently 6 months into this deal, and it might take another 6, but it will be worth it in the end...

• 3 months later...
Hi. I have taken up a business opportunity, in order to fund buying equipment neccesary to produce this on a more professional level. And to keep the prices down, as I wont have to outsource any work, and everything can be done in-house.

I am currently 6 months into this deal, and it might take another 6, but it will be worth it in the end...

Excellent, keep us updated. :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

Looks great and I agree the prices out there are crazy.

I would of of bought this.way cool.

makes me want to build the k-50 when my A10 is done.

Edited by wrb.bartlett

Intel Core i7 3770 Quad Core Hyperthreading Processor 3.4GHZ

-Asus GTX 760 Graphics Card

-Corsair Vengeance 8GB 2X4GB DDR3 RAM

-HDMI Out

-USB 3.0

-TWO 1TB internal HDD SEAGATE

-D-Link Wireless PCI Adapter

3x 22" 1080 monitors th2go3d

thrustmaster stick,throttle,madcats combat rudders

2x lilliput 8" tm

Hi hegykc. I´ll be your customer. Hope you will ship it also to Germany?

PC: Win 10 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 64GB RAM, GForce RTX 4090.

Cockpit & HOTAS: VKB Gunfighter MKIII with MCG PRO, Vipril MT-50 CM2, Virpil Rotor Plus & SharKa-50 grip, Thrustmaster TPR, Virpil SharKa-50 Control Panel, WinWing Phoenix MIP, WinWing PTO & PCR, Total Control Apachte MPD frames, several DIY panels, NLR GTTRACK, NLR Motion V3, ButtKicker Gamer PLUS

VR: Varjo Aero, HP Reverb G2

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Nope, not dead, not by far. Just improving the production process and that takes time. I've recently bought a 7,500$ 3d printer, and a 10,000$ cnc plasma cutter. Laser cutter, cnc mill and lathe and metal casting equipment coming soon. There is also people working on open source electronic boards and software.

So a lot of time, effort and money is already invested in this, and there'll be a lot more. I can assure you, after dumping 30k into equipment, and a couple of years of development, failure is not an option.

This was started almost two years ago. Designed in plastic, to be made by a 3rd party workshop, with cheap ebay servos, had 3rd party electronics and no software to run it.

Now, it'll be made in metal, in my own workshop, have servos designed for gauges, have our own open source electronics and software. And all that for the cost of that one EPIC gauge module.

It's serious a project of a few years. Because it's not just this gauge cluster, it's everything else that goes into a functional simpit. There will be some updates soon, some in a couple of weeks, and others months later, but it will get done.

Really a shame that these really nice and very expensive project goes out the door.

Would be fun to know what something like this would costif CH or Saitek would manufacture them. They surely can not be as cheap, considering what all their other things cost.

More people starting such project should start a donation fund, so they can afford and desire to continue, and can see if there is a demand and and if people wont to pay for it :(

I hope that it will continue as planned. I've been waiting for these since the first post. My fear is that you put so much time and resources into it, you'll have to put the price into the stratosphere. Personally, I would rather have something that looks nice and works well more than something that is professionally done and made like it could replace the real thing, and at the cost as the real thing.

Regardless, I am anxiously awaiting any further development and will more than likely be shoving money in your direction. They really do look fantastic. I agree with Wilcox, maybe even a Kickstarter or some other crowd source funding could generate the extra funds needed to put it into high gear. ;)

Buttons aren't toys! :smilewink:

My new Version 2 Pit: MacFevre A-10C SimPit V2

My first pit thread: A-10C Simulator Pit "The TARDIS."

Dzus Fastener tutorial, on the inexpensive side: DIY Dzus Fastener

working gauges and a big screen who needs oculus now

Eagles may soar high but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines.

System Spec.

Monitors: Samsung 570DX & Rift CV1

Mobo: MSI Godlike gaming X-99A

CPU: Intel i7 5930K @ 3.50Ghz

RAM: 32gb

GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti VR Ready

Cooling: Predator 360

Power Supply: OCZ ZX Series 80 Plus Gold

Drives: Samsung SSD's 1tb, 500g plus others with OS Win10 64 bit