Upgrading for lo-mac; new 64-bit proc and gfx card

WTF...I'm just getting my new rig: AMD 4000+, 2 Gigs of fast OCZ CL2 RAM, XFX GeForce 7800 GTX with 512 MB...and you really want to tell me seriously, that - while bombing a large city to dust and having 30 aircraft doing AA over my head - I will not be able to reach an average FPS of at least 350 ??? (with everything maxed out of course and water on hyper perfect that is) :icon_wink :icon_jook

ok ive tried the XG drivers again and turned all app and stuff off but the very essential...........i lost 4 FPS on the Su25 Vanilla quick fly.

Oh dear god why do i bother to believe.

Why do you have NDA on all your hardware specs ?

Flying online with 120FPS would be like flying a time machine you would shoot peeps down 5 mins before they knew !

NDA= NonDisclosure Agreement. That means I'm under a contract not to disclose the specs of proprietary hardware. It has not been released yet to the general public. If I did I could go to jail for a very long time.

WTF...I'm just getting my new rig: AMD 4000+, 2 Gigs of fast OCZ CL2 RAM, XFX GeForce 7800 GTX with 512 MB...and you really want to tell me seriously, that - while bombing a large city to dust and having 30 aircraft doing AA over my head - I will not be able to reach an average FPS of at least 350 ??? (with everything maxed out of course and water on hyper perfect that is) :icon_wink :icon_jook

You might get 60-80FPS on that setup if you installed everything on a clean drive, and had it all tweaked. The chipsets are the achilles heel of the AMD systems. FX CPU's, some of the San Diego's and Claw's, and the X2's are pretty awesome CPU's. Any of the CPU with onboard mem controllers will do alot better because it gets the mem controller off the third party chipset. AMD really needs to develop their chipsets. About the best you can get as far as performance is a nf4 based board, but even with that chipset it's going to limit things.

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

u still here speakin crap !!!

and you would only have an nda with one company not 5 of them.

jail no, fined yes.

and nobody, not you not not even mad mod mike from nvidia will get 80fps on max settings. so listen to us when we say, your full of it. no one here believes you, the only way we will is if you show us a video. and I can guarantee you wont show us a video, just like the last 10 people who claimed the same thing, not one of them could back up what there saying, nevermind the video, not one of them even showed photos of there leet pc's.

so until then stop making an idiot of yourself by claiming to get 120 fps and saying that other people will get this n that when we all know its impossible at the highest settings.

u still here speakin crap !!!

and you would only have an nda with one company not 5 of them.

jail no, fined yes.

and nobody, not you not not even mad mod mike from nvidia will get 80fps on max settings. so listen to us when we say, your full of it. no one here believes you, the only way we will is if you show us a video. and I can guarantee you wont show us a video, just like the last 10 people who claimed the same thing, not one of them could back up what there saying, nevermind the video, not one of them even showed photos of there leet pc's.

so until then stop making an idiot of yourself by claiming to get 120 fps and saying that other people will get this n that when we all know its impossible at the highest settings.

Look, you have no proof at all of what you speak. If you're gonna go calling somebody a liar, let's see what kind of f'ing evidence you have of it. I'm really tired of it. I know what my own two eyes see, and I don't have to make shit up. If you don't believe somebody fine, but don't go calling them a liar when you have no clue at all about WTF you're talking about.

It's probably your attitude is why nobody posted any vids. They probably had the ability, but with your attitude, I wouldn't either...even if I could. You'd probably come with something something like "Oh, that's been doctored." I've seen your type before. No matter what somebody tries to tell you, you won't listen.

I don't make stuff up, and have no reason to.

I also do not have NDA's with 5 companies. What part made you believe I did. I have NDA's with two companies. Intel, and Asus. 1+1=2...or do you wanna argue about that too?

I don't have time to argue with people on here, and if you wanna continue to argue, I'm simply gonna put you on Ignore. I don't have time to play games with troll's.

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

ok, well you have no proof either for that matter, and the 5 nda's was a sarcastic remark, not a math failure on my behalf.

as i say, i want to believe ya, but its so hard for me to, cuz youre not the first to claim these things, and then have nothing to back it up.

its nothing personal, trust me. As i say the forums lately have ben full of outrageous claims and threads, and when you dont come up with proof and even are unwilling todo so, then its hard for any of us to believe it.

the best thing you can do, is either prove it, or not even mention it, as wild claims will be asked for proof.

dude, if you posted a video, i would not say it has been doctored, as far as i am concerend a video is proof, a screen shot could be doctored,, and you find any one of my posts where i claim that a video is false ? you wont find any.

if you are afraid of breaking your nda, then make a video of the stuff, and only upload to me, i can promise you it will go no further. as i aint like that, if its a private video pm etc , it stays private.

you have a chance, please prove me and others wrong by showing us proof, thats all i ask, its not too much to ask is it ?

NO one in the history of lomac has achieved 120+ fps at the highest settings. so when someone comes out of nowhere and says its easy and we are all using the wrong drivers and these "insert driver name here" will magically get you an extra 60fps playing lomac, then we all take it with a pinch of salt, as we all know it isnt possible.

so please stop going on about it until you have undeniable proof, and a video isnt that hard to do, as its built into the game.

As i say, it isnt personal, its just we have seen the same thing time after time after time, and no one has showed any type of proof, the best rig here is probably monnierocks, and his pc pwns mines, and he gets a whopping 20 fps or lower with max settings, and he has overclocked his way past fx57 speeds. so if we cant get what you get and there is alot of us, and we have all showed pics screenshots etc etc, why should we believe you when you dont offer any type of proof and are completely unwilling to do so ???

also the intel extreme edition is dualcore, lomac is not coded for dualcore, so your performance will be worse with that cpu than it would with a single core cpu, although it will still be a good performer.

also, if you think i act like this to everyone, then you ask all the people here who have provided proof of there claims if i have once disbelieved them, you will also find that to be a no, the people i do disbelieve are the ones who never ever show any type of proof but yet have outrageous claims and are persistent about them.

Since you took the time to sign up and become apart of this community, dont you think we would all like to see an uber leet pc getting what you get ? keeping it from us is a crying shame.

If i was to start an anonymous poll, asking do you believe that such n such got, or even is it possible to get 120+fps at highest settings in lomac, true or false, honestly. where do you think the majority of answers would go ?

I hope we can still be best buddys after this ? :)

Hey guys, calm down :rolleyes:. In my own experience i believe that that anything like 120fps in complex lo-mac scenes are impossible. I dont have any hardware to back it up.. but, looking at various benchmarks between gfx cards + CPU's etc it seems that uber-framerates arent at this time attainable in lo-mac.

Besides, in the world of television/movies they consider 25fps to be "brodcast quality" of consequative images. If i get 30fps above complex scenery in a mssive air/groundbattle in lo-mac then you have one happy puppy:p . Anything >=30fps in lo-mac scenes is a bonus.

met vriendelijke groet,

Михель

"умный, спортсмен, комсомолетс"

[sIGPIC]159th_pappavis.jpg[/sIGPIC]

[TABLE]SPECS: i9-9900K 32gigs RAM, Geforce 2070RTX, Creative XFi Fata1ity, TIR5, Valve Index & HP Reverb, HOTAS Warthog, Logitech G933 Headset, 10Tb storage.[/TABLE]

• 2 weeks later...

xg drivers made no difference for me, however i might add that he said he got 120 fps in the cockpit im assuming hes looking down in the cockpit lol . FPS can climb looking down in the cockpit.

Im not going to join the battle here it seems like a waste of time.

I can offer this little known fact that kinda backs up jinkers tweaks.

I do one tweak to all the systems i build or fix up . I call it hyper defragging.

Example I will load the operating system , run all updates all drivers and defrag, next will go office 2003 or whatever microsoft product you like , load it in and defrag. I will keep doing this in like load a few apps and defrag , load in lock on and patch tweak like I want and add saitek software tweak whatever and defrag again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dont even start a fight with me about this. *** multiple defrags when building a harddrive WILL RAISE FPS IN GAMES!!!!!!!!!***

Only because it is more efficient, I known this after I got to know someone who is a major comp tweaker and builder. It is a proven fact. By how much will ofcourse depend on everything else but obviously it is worth the extra time to do it .....make sence?

Asus P8Z68-V GEN3/ 2500k 4.4ghz / Corsair 64gb SSD Cache / Corsair 8g 1600 ddr3 / 2 x 320gb RE3 Raid 0 /Corsair 950w/ Zotac 560TI AMP 1gb / Zalman GS1200 case /G940/

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

Dont even start a fight with me about this. *** multiple defrags when building a harddrive WILL RAISE FPS IN GAMES!!!!!!!!!***

WRONG

Although doing what you said will increase overall stability and smoothness of a drive, it will not result in higher fps, as its not a harddrive that will get you more FPS.

The harddrive loads to the memory, then memory to cpu etc, so by the time that the info is called for by the game, it is already in the memory, thus FPS increase is not attainable to any degree by having a defragged harddrive. It will help if you are having stutters on your harddrive due to files all over the place, It will smooth out them, but will not give you faster FPS.

Even fast 10.000rpm raptors with all files in a mean defragged order will not make you get more FPS compared to a 7200rpm defragged hardrive.

The only time when a harddrive will help get you any type of FPS gain is if it is in a totally mangled order and it is in continuous seek mode, and makin the game stutter while its seeking and reading i.e. the harddrive slowing the game down due to it not reading or finding the files it needs fast enough. A defrag before it gets to that stage or after that will just make the game run as it should, so if your given hardware is capable of say getting 40fps just after a fresh install of windows and lockon, a magic defrag isnt going to raise that number.

It would if you were in the situation above where the drive was totally fragged and was causing slow seekin/read times, as it would cause the game to lag out to some extent thus affecting the FPS til you the sorted the drive.

But that wouldnt be classed as a fps increase, it would be more like a FPS rewind back to when it was working properly.

generally when i install, i install windows, defrag, updates singulary, and defrag after each one, then the programs defrag after each one, then games etc.

then from then on, its a defrag weekly, i do it even tho it isnt even needed, its more of a habit now. monthly would probably be better, or even fortnightly, as it takes less than 3-5 minutes to do, so i guess adding an extra week or 3 wouldnt hurt it.

But in the long run, it does make sense to defrag on install, and also to continue to do it threw the life of the OS.

Also, defrag on a clean install of windows, does not backup jinkers tweaks, he only mentioned the words tweaks, and mods, but declined to explain fully in detail what he did. Tweaks and mods are 2 totally different things, and i dont think a defrag would come under any of them.

Jinker=X3dFlyer from the Ubi forums. He did the same crap over there and got the same reaction. Screw it, I'm going to go have a :icon_jook

-----------------------------

AMD Athlon 64 3800+

Asrock 939 Dual SATA 2 mobo

1024 Corsair PC3200

XFX 7800GT

Antec True Blue 480

Samsung 940B

Track IR4

Saitek X-45 HOTAS

Win XP Pro

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

the same "am gonna sue ED and starforce for putting malware onto my pc" 3dflyer ???

if so, i wonder how his court battle with ED and SF is coming on :p

the same "am gonna sue ED and starforce for putting malware onto my pc" 3dflyer ???

That's the one... :icon_roll

AMD Athlon 64 3800+

1024 Corsair PC3200

XFX 7800GT

Antec True Blue 480

Samsung 940B

Track IR4

Saitek X-45 HOTAS

Win XP Pro

You might get 60-80FPS on that setup if you installed everything on a clean drive, and had it all tweaked. The chipsets are the achilles heel of the AMD systems. FX CPU's, some of the San Diego's and Claw's, and the X2's are pretty awesome CPU's. Any of the CPU with onboard mem controllers will do alot better because it gets the mem controller off the third party chipset. AMD really needs to develop their chipsets. About the best you can get as far as performance is a nf4 based board, but even with that chipset it's going to limit things.

Hi Jinker,

Can you do something for me?

Start my mission and take-off with the Su-27 (click Fly)

Next to your airfield you find the city NOVOROSSIJSK;

Just do a couple of low fly-over the city @ about 100p altitude.

Use 1600x1200 together with your famous 120 FPS-above city mod and take a couple of screenies like me with about the same zoom and FPS counter on.

mission:

http://users.skynet.be/VandenHaute/locon/Russia_Nato_sweep_su27_easyII_AWACS_III.mis

screenshots:

http://users.skynet.be/VandenHaute/locon/ScreenShot_011.jpg

http://users.skynet.be/VandenHaute/locon/ScreenShot_012.jpg

http://users.skynet.be/VandenHaute/locon/ScreenShot_013.jpg

The thing is I got decent 50-70 FPS but my OC was not doing much going over cities.

Tell me the magic trick X3dFlyer :biggrin:

DELL Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 940 2,93 GHz @3 GHz, 8 MB cache | 8.192 MB 1.067 MHz Tri Channel DDR3

| 512 MB ATI® Radeon™ 4850 | 500 GB 7200 rpm Serial ATA | Samsung SM 2693 HM 25.5 " | HOTAS Cougar Thrustmaster |

WRONG

Although doing what you said will increase overall stability and smoothness of a drive, it will not result in higher fps, as its not a harddrive that will get you more FPS.

Good points Scotsman but really i cant offer any proof I didnt study the difference , however I did offer someones very extreame study of computer builds and overclocking. I seen someone make this same responce as yours to him and he basically layed down proof that it does make a difference. His basic points were overall stability and smoothness of a drive does make a difference.....understanding somepeople dont believe that THIS kind of defragging helps anything.

Ironicly the guy lives in Scotland, I might ask him if he wants to elaborate further. I certainly do not.

cheers

Asus P8Z68-V GEN3/ 2500k 4.4ghz / Corsair 64gb SSD Cache / Corsair 8g 1600 ddr3 / 2 x 320gb RE3 Raid 0 /Corsair 950w/ Zotac 560TI AMP 1gb / Zalman GS1200 case /G940/

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

its all good dude ;)

defraggin, that way is certainly most beneficial for a harddrive and the OS, people who refuse to believe that a defrag can help smooth things right up, well its there lose if they dont do it, as i said, i defrag like crap when first installing windows as once it has did its first defrag after a fresh install, it only takes 20 seconds thereafter til everything else is installed.

Then once weekly, which takes about 2-5 minutes.

On a old box i got a crappy 5400rpm drive and when i had it fragged to death, it would take ages to do anything, then transformed into a new pc when i had finished about 15hrs of defrag = windows 98 lovely n quick defragmenter :) and it was only 5gb

The point i was makin was, that if you get 40fps after a fresh windows install and lomac install and have defragged numerous times during the installations, then once that is complete, your fps will be at its max ? 6 months later it wont be if the drive is in a shit state of fragment.

I use diskeeper pro 8 i think it is, now that pwns MS version of defragmenter. It sorts stuff into order that MS just refuses to touch.

Hello everyone,

Evil saw how it scales with the same video card but increasing the cpu overclock that I tested. Facts not fiction

Even with my pc running smooth I do not get 120fps in combat with default high settings. And I would consider my system running well.

?action=view&current=Benchmark_12.jpg

Rack Rig: Rosewill RSV-L4000 | Koolance ERM-3K3UC | Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.9ghz w/EK Monoblock | Asus Rampage IV Black Edition | 64GB 2133mhz | SLI TitanXP w/ EK Waterblocks | 2x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB | Seasonic 1000w Titanium | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | TM Warthog HOTAS w/40cm Extension | MFG Crosswind Rudders | Obutto R3volution | HP Reverb

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

^ the fastest rig on lomac forums,

that thing kills a fx55 with 2gb ram and 2 7800gtx 512mb sli.

and the fx55 is clocked at 3100mhz.

=

pwnd by a dualcore cpu and 2 normal 7800gtx 256mb

real nice work monnie, dualcore is starting to come into its own and pwn the rest of the field ;)

Hey MonnieRock, I live in St. Augustine Beach. You ever get down this way? :icon_supe

AMD Athlon 64 3800+

1024 Corsair PC3200

XFX 7800GT

Antec True Blue 480

Samsung 940B

Track IR4

Saitek X-45 HOTAS

Win XP Pro

Hey MonnieRock, I live in St. Augustine Beach. You ever get down this way? :icon_supe

Rasputin,

Yes I do !! Been a few months but just around the corner. Maybe listen to some Fire Garden besides just lomac :icon_supe

Rack Rig: Rosewill RSV-L4000 | Koolance ERM-3K3UC | Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.9ghz w/EK Monoblock | Asus Rampage IV Black Edition | 64GB 2133mhz | SLI TitanXP w/ EK Waterblocks | 2x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB | Seasonic 1000w Titanium | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | TM Warthog HOTAS w/40cm Extension | MFG Crosswind Rudders | Obutto R3volution | HP Reverb

Rasputin,

Yes I do !! Been a few months but just around the corner. Maybe listen to some Fire Garden besides just lomac :icon_supe

Well well well what do we have here....another Vai fan on this board?

:beer: Hehehe hey man did you see Steve at the Freebird last March? :icon_supe

AMD Athlon 64 3800+

1024 Corsair PC3200

XFX 7800GT

Antec True Blue 480

Samsung 940B

Track IR4

Saitek X-45 HOTAS

Win XP Pro

Well well well what do we have here....another Vai fan on this board?

:beer: Hehehe hey man did you see Steve at the Freebird last March? :icon_supe

Yes I did, Freebirds is about 3 blocks from my house. I had EVO premium package tickets, also got to spend about 30 minutes after the show speaking with him as well.