F-15C

anivanov

F/A-18E/F.....killed the T-cat.....I HATE IT!!!!!!! :icon_evil :icon_evil

damn Plastic Bug......T-Cat was much cooler and had a far better Range without 5 ext. fuel tanks :icon_jook

??????????????????????????????????:confused::confused::confused::confused:

can anybody explain why a long time ago was just F-number and now F/A- number.. ?

Thanx

At first it was just going to be a Fighter (F-22) aircraft and they changed it to a Fighter/Attack aircraft (F/A-22)

I've read somewhere that there are some plans to adapt YF-23 to become a stealth fighter-bomber (with more accent on the bomber side).

Sundowner.pl are you comming from Polish flightsim community (saw that ".pl" and 1 post count) ?

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

It was renamed F/A-22 to gelp secure more funding for the aircraft. It was seen by many that the F-22 cost too much for just one role. So in 1997 it was decidede to give it a secondary strike role and was called F/A-22 instead.

It's suprising that the F-35 is not yet called the F/A-35 seeing as it will be hitting ground targets more and will not be assigned many air defence missions, in the USAF at least.

And in the future Lockheed is suggesting a FB-22 variant to replace the F-15E and F-117. It will have a larger wing and weapons bay but it will be slower. This is still around 15-20 years down the line and the YFB-23 concept may well go head to head with it.

It was renamed F/A-22 to gelp secure more funding for the aircraft. It was seen by many that the F-22 cost too much for just one role. So in 1997 it was decidede to give it a secondary strike role and was called F/A-22 instead.

it was stupid to give him a secondary role.the money for progress of F/A-22 they could spend for improving of F-22.then he would be even better.........

No…it’s smart to give the F/A-22 multi-function otherwise it would be useless to the military. Think about it…how many times have we actually engaged in a real A2A fight? Most of the time we are bombing the crap out of some guy, which is why the F/A-22 is equipped with AG capabilities. Besides, the F/A-22 is already equipped with the latest bells and whistle and it will do just fine in an aerial combat. It will probably never see a dogfight anyway since it keeps shooting down its opponents in BVR mode. Personally, I think it cost too much, a little over $300 million each.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Think about it…how many times have we actually engaged in a real A2A fight? Most of the time we are bombing the crap out of some guy, which is why the F/A-22 is equipped with AG capabilities..

then they can invest to aircraft which main purpose is attacking ground targets.........

and the A2A thing:they can keep their planes and work on them until they make a perfect plane.......

• 2 weeks later...
No…it’s smart to give the F/A-22 multi-function otherwise it would be useless to the military. Think about it…how many times have we actually engaged in a real A2A fight? Most of the time we are bombing the crap out of some guy, which is why the F/A-22 is equipped with AG capabilities. Besides, the F/A-22 is already equipped with the latest bells and whistle and it will do just fine in an aerial combat. It will probably never see a dogfight anyway since it keeps shooting down its opponents in BVR mode. Personally, I think it cost too much, a little over $300 million each.

The F-15 is still the "gold standard" for air superiority aircraft. Why is it that the US can bomb "the crap out of some guy"? It's because the F-15 has done it's job and established air superiority in the first days of the war. The F-15 became "dual role" with the inception of the B-Eagle only AFTER the F-15 became a proven aircraft in its air superiority role. This will be the same with the F/A-22. The F-35 will replace the F-16CJ and it's role will be the primary A/G aircraft for the USAF and the USN - even with the "new" superhornets.

The F-15 is still the "gold standard" for air superiority aircraft. Why is it that the US can bomb "the crap out of some guy"? It's because the F-15 has done it's job and established air superiority in the first days of the war. The F-15 became "dual role" with the inception of the B-Eagle only AFTER the F-15 became a proven aircraft in its air superiority role. This will be the same with the F/A-22. The F-35 will replace the F-16CJ and it's role will be the primary A/G aircraft for the USAF and the USN - even with the "new" superhornets.

Agree

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
F-15 is the best cause i never have problems with it. with the other planes they keep going up or down by it self all the time! only way to fix it is to restart the game.

yeah, true.i tryed to fly with su-27 the only way to stabillize it is to press "h", wait for stabillizing of the alltitude and then again to press "h"

F-15 is the best cause i never have problems with it. with the other planes they keep going up or down by it self all the time! only way to fix it is to restart the game.

Flankers and 25ers are easy to keep steady...it's just small, very small movements, otherwhise they start to do that...and it's very important to TRIM them! F-15 has Auto-Trim which make's it a toy to fly :icon_toil

@Annihilator911

You'll never get a pilot license if you don't learn how to constantly trim your aircraft.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Flankers and 25ers are easy to keep steady...it's just small, very small movements, otherwhise they start to do that...and it's very important to TRIM them! F-15 has Auto-Trim which make's it a toy to fly :icon_toil

yeah, small movements, but that up and down thing is very useful to me especially when i must do some hard manuevers.

bad side - this isn"t f-15