How can I switch THW profiles in game?

I have been using x52-stick for a few years, and got used to switching profiles in game, depending on which plane I picked up. Now I'm using HOTAS Warthog and the only thing I'm missing badly is the same possibility. I have different TARGET profiles (for A10C, BS, Su25T) but when I joing game, I do not know in advance which planes are free, so I can not pick the right profile before firing DCS:W. I have to do it while DCSW running and sometimes it does not work (either Alt+Tab switching, or DCSW crashes, etc).

How do you, THW-owners, switch profile in game? Or do you use just one common? I know I could set up joystick in DCS, but those settings are rather limited compared to T.A.R.G.E.T. possibilities (just simple key/axis assignment, no programming)...

• ED Team

Personally I don't use target with my WH

I map each aircraft in DCS, and don't have any need to switch profiles.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

In DCS World. Each aircraft has its own control profile in the game, why muddy the waters by adding TARGET on top of it? The game uses whatever you've setup. By using TARGET you also end up breaking the plug and play functionality of the TMWH when you fly the A-10C...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

In DCS World. Each aircraft has its own control profile in the game, why muddy the waters by adding TARGET on top of it? The game uses whatever you've setup. By using TARGET you also end up breaking the plug and play functionality of the TMWH when you fly the A-10C...

Just to clarify - one can use profiles for any sim/module in Target, and just not use a running profile when launching DCS-A-10C. Plug and play functionality would still remain.

However for the DCS modules I would agree, I set mine up in the controller options for each module rather than using Target - at least so far - but I do use Target profiles for some of my other flight sims outside of DCS World.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

If I could set up in-game everything I can set up in TARGET, I would not bother with any profile. Unfortuntately, I can not (i.e. repetitive sequence, macro, short/long press, etc). Or better said I do not know how to do it. For example, for FC-jets I use just one button to cycle through all modes (1-2-3-4-5-6-1-2-3-4-5-6...).

Try Helios. You can hotswap profiles using that.

What is it and where can I find it?

Just to clarify - one can use profiles for any sim/module in Target, and just not use a running profile when launching DCS-A-10C. Plug and play functionality would still remain.

However for the DCS modules I would agree, I set mine up in the controller options for each module rather than using Target - at least so far - but I do use Target profiles for some of my other flight sims outside of DCS World.

By "plug and play" I meant that DCS detects the WH and also MFDs and it is all setup for you in DCS for the A-10C You have to do very little setup compared to other aircraft. If you use target it "breaks" that and you have to have a unified profile from target to make it work...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit