Any interest?

Hey guys.

This thread could be placed in screenshots thread or the mods and apps thread, but I decided to post it here, where the "Hog" enthusiasts are.

Some while back I posted my version of the Arctic Snow Hog, it so happened I wasn't to happy with the result. I made another version, but still I was not satisfied.

Many photoshop hours later (that I'm not good at) I decided to make a close to "the real thing" as I possible could.

"The real thing" was used during exercise Cool Snow Hog in 1982. There is my understanding they tried different paints. I ended up copying one of them.

More info can be found here.

My skin is not perfect. It is as perfect as I manage to do without twisting my brain inside out, or drown myselfe in the tub. Some nibs that should be white is green, and vice versa.

It is originally made for the virtual airwing I'm with. The 138th from Norway. Any norwegian airwing should have a winterskin..

Now, to the point. Are you guys interested in this skin? If I'm too share it with the public I need to change logos and maybe nationality. Something that I cba if there is no interest..

Anyways, here are some screens of the model with the end result. And I'm looking forward to hear your opinion.

snowhog1.jpg

snowhog2.jpg

Edited by Taproot
Link should be working now..

Nice!

PC: Asus P8Z77-M Mainboard; Intel i5-3570K (4x3,4Ghz) mit Scythe Mugen 3 CPU Kühler; 16Gb Corsair XMS3 1600Mhz; Nvidia GTX570 1280mb; Samsung 830 SSD; Samsung HDD

Flight Sim Gear: TM Warthog; Saitek Pro Pedals; TM Cougars on an 19" screen; TrackIR 5 w/ trackclip pro; Logitech G35 headset

Nice job man..Give it to the public..

If you decide not to,i would like you send it to me to add it to my skins...THNX man

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

:pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly:

:joystick::joystick::joystick::joystick::joystick:

Lock-On Greece / DCS World Greece http://lockon-greece.forumotion.net/

🇬🇷 1st Hellinic Virtual Squadron for Flaming Cliffs & DCS World
~ Flying since 2008 ~

Well, since people seemed to like it I have uploaded it to this place.

However, it still says "checking" on the upload. I uploaded it 24 hours ago.

Is the "checker" sick or something?

Will give you links when its checked.

Regarding template I have not yet desided if I'm gonna share it or not. So for now I will let it stay in my computer.

• 3 weeks later...

Anybody who has the time, patience, intelligence and passion to create skins will always have my complete respect.

taproot, that is an excellent skin.

Thanks for contributing another great skin for DCS.

• Like 1