[DCS:W] *MULTIPLAYER* Logbook...1.2.3 Ready and works on *all* servers.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm pretty sure I know what the problem is with the 'awards' crash. and it's a case of swapping one line in me_debriefing.

HiJack, you're gonna have to be a bit more specific mate. So far, the mod has properly updated the logbook for every mission I've flown.

I've attached the 'fixed' me_debriefing.lua file to this post. could people try it out and let me know?

Yes I need to test more. Have downloaded your updated me_debriefing.lua file.

I will test this tonight Ebs.

I can't give this mod enough praise, racking up big kill scores and flight time in MP and having all recorded in your logbook is just genious. I can't believe ED didn't add this from the beginning.

MP has never been better for me.

• Like 1

intel i5 3570k @ 4.5 Ghz + Corsair H100 in push-pull / Asus Maximus V Formula mobo / 16Gb Gskill Ripjaw Z ddr3 1600 / evga 690 GTX 4gb / 1 TB WD caviar Black 7200 rpm sata HDD + 80GB Corsair F80 SSD + 2x Corsair 60Gb Force3 SSD / TM Warthog HOTAS-G940 Peddals / Corsair 1200 AX gold PSU / Windows 7 64 bit OS / 27" Qnix 2710 @ 2560 x 1440 120hz PLS Monitor & 23" acer touch screen with Helios/

Tested it out, works great.

Another thing I found is you can get a CTD at logbook screen if you get a fratracide notice. It might be that any notice at the logbook screen can cause a ctd. It's not a big issue because everything gets recorded, but you miss reviewing the events.

intel i5 3570k @ 4.5 Ghz + Corsair H100 in push-pull / Asus Maximus V Formula mobo / 16Gb Gskill Ripjaw Z ddr3 1600 / evga 690 GTX 4gb / 1 TB WD caviar Black 7200 rpm sata HDD + 80GB Corsair F80 SSD + 2x Corsair 60Gb Force3 SSD / TM Warthog HOTAS-G940 Peddals / Corsair 1200 AX gold PSU / Windows 7 64 bit OS / 27" Qnix 2710 @ 2560 x 1440 120hz PLS Monitor & 23" acer touch screen with Helios/

Cool, I'll test it out with some flight time tonight.

seems to be working alot smoother now not one SP crash now need to test the MP

:thumbup:

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Ebs, I tested it last nite and had 2 CTDs both with medal notices at the logbook screen after ending an MP session. I was using the latest version of that file as you suggested.

I guess we will kill this bug or I will run out of medals to earn and the CTDs will stop at the logbook screen. The good thing is that all the stats get tracked in your logbook reguardless if there is a ctd or not.

Ebs I tested logbook with lots of MP flying this weekend and noticed some things. I still got a message screen at the logbook screen which caused a crash.

Also I had a long MP mission that went on for 5 hours and was shot down and respawned 5 times. There where about 10 other guys flying in the server. I stuck to the same aircraft slot as instructed, but when the mission ended and I logged out, the logbook screen hung up and crashed all the mission stats did not get logged. I'm wondering if there where just too many events to display and that caused the crash.

It seems that in big MP missions it might be best to back out like an aircraft change so you can reset the logbook.

I really wish there was a way you could fix the server exit with aircraft switch. I like to change to the shark, hog, and frog during all in the same mission and exiting every time is an inconvinience, but hey at least my stats are getting saved.

This mod is so cool, I'd like to see ED support it and make it an official addition so we can get past these small wrinkles.

I think your mod has proven how badly needed this feature is.

Edited by Skoop

FC3 after a one hour long mission, 2 sorties, SP A10A Push Back mission; finished. waiting screen at waiting for the debriefing and then CTD.

restarted nothing in the logbook saved..

Edited by Mastiff

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Skoop thanks very much for the feedback, it really helps.

I believe that DCS is now properly assigning the initiatorPilotName during every mission, but it's still not perfect.

It seems that if you respawn, the initiatorPilotName is reset to the last aircraft you selected.

For example, if you select an A10 with "Hawg11", DCS will correctly assign your PilotName to Hawg11, you take off, blow some stuff up, refuel land...and if you exit the server everything will be logged. However, if you don't exit after landing and respawn into that same aircraft (Hawg11) DCS will reset your PilotName..so taking off after that point will only track you from that point on.

To keep it simple. Every time you "lose" your aircraft, exit the server to update your logbook.

I've personally tested taking off, flying a mission...landing, repairing, rearming take off again and fly another mission all in one go...and this works perfectly. Any other situation where you need to respawn requires exiting the server to update the logbook.

And with the updated me_debriefing I took this screenshot after a flight on the 104th server...

attachment.php?attachmentid=78450&stc=1&d=1363428299

no more CTD's with medals and stuff.

Mastiff, I don't really understand. was it an SP or MP mission?

this.jpg.803072f85587e702f9ca0a8c86f11431.jpg

Ebs, thanks for the continued support of this mod.

I flew a mission in the firehouse server with about 6 people in the Ka-50. I did pretty well and made 3 full sorties without dying or having to respawn. I landed and rearmed at a farp 2 times, the mission went on for a full three hours. When I finally exited, the game goes to the loading screen just before the logbook display and at 96% loading, the game hangs up an crashes before the logbook is displayed so all stats are lost.

I am just thinking out loud here, but it seems that maybe too many events being logged are crashing the logbook screen. When you fly for hours and don't die or respawn, the logbook screen is logging all the human and AI activity so the event page is massive and crashes.

I notice that If I exit after each sortie, whether I die or land, it resets the logbook and logs everything. This is the most reliable way to use the mod if you are flying for hours. It's just a PITA to have to exit everytime you land.

Have you thought of trying a version where only your events are logged, this might rule out my theory and have a version thats supports marathon MP sessions?

I appreciate your work on this mod, there are some road blocks within DCS that are limiting the mod from working as I would like. In a perfect world, I would like to have the MP logbook mod to be able to support AC switching with out exiting and infinite time logged without crashing. We might need to have ED alter some of these confines or formally make this mod a feature.

Edited by Skoop

Hello,

And thank's for that great mod.

I had that "no recording problem" until I understood that I had to :

- log through the single player launcher

- and then go from the game menu to the multiplayer

Initially I was using the multiplayer launcher to join and nothing was recorded.

It is now working but I have a game crash as soon as I have a medal reward.

• 1 month later...

I'm sure Ebs will figure it out. Give him a little time.

Steve (Slick)

ThrustMaster T.Flight Hotas X | TrackIR5 Pro | EVGA GTX 1070 | Win10 64-bit Professional | Dell Precision 7920 Workstation | 1 TB SSD | 128 GB Memory | Dual Intel Xeon Platinum 2.0 GHz 16 Core Processors (64 Total w/HT ON) | 24" Dell Monitor

I would like to thank Ebs for all his hard work in this Mod that enables the in-game Logbook to track your Multiplayer flights, as well as, your Single player flights. Thanks to his Mod I was able to go up in rank and get medals that otherwise I would not have been able to get because, like a lot of people out there we do our flying online only.

It is a pity that It does not work with the new patch, but it was great while it lasted. It is a shame that DCS, has not been able to create and implement a similar Mod for all of the flying games, this would really encourage a more rewarding playing experience.

Ebs, Thank you again for creating and sharing this great Mod!!!

Malulo

It a shame, it crashs on me every single time I use it in a campaign..

or in MP.. It worked for maybe on or two times and then that was it.

the briefing file get so big that it would just crash to desk top on me..

Edited by Mastiff

Hi,

Didn't think there was still interest in this mod! Unfortuntely the version I released is indeed broken in 1.2.4 but if you guys are interested it shouldn't take me too long to update the mod for the current version.

Since releasing this mod I've joined the 476th (http://www.476vfightergroup.com/) so I don't fly on other servers very often...meaning that I don't use this mod anymore! But, like I said...if people are interested I'll update it.