Uh-1H Scratches mod

Necroscope

Just uploaded little mod with little touch of dust and scratches here and there on glass in cockpit. It's adding some "feel" of glass in cockpit (for me at list).

Scratches are barely visible so should not disrupt line of sight.

Hope you'll like it. :)

Version 3:

Download link on LockOnFiles: http://www.lockonfiles.com/files/file/2515-uh-1h-winshield-scratches-mod-hi-res/

Download link on digitalcombatsimulator: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/346880/

42b5d4ff458bt.jpg 5d2655bef4fet.jpg cdfe444be5e8t.jpg

9edebab10960t.jpg dono how to fix issue:dca9bfb84f6dt.jpg

Version 2 (Low Res):

Download here: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/345688/

Edited by Necroscope

Всех убью, один останусь!

NOT.WORKING.

so you have few options:

0. Backup original file!

1. depends on your ZIP-program. With Winrar you can just open UH-1H-CPT-TEXTURES.zip in one window, open mod-zip in other and simply drag-n-drop file.

2. Or - unpack UH-1H-CPT-TEXTURES.zip in some folder, copy mod file in to that folder with overwrite, pack files back with name UH-1H-CPT-TEXTURES.zip and save it in <Disc>:\DCSWorld\Mods\aircrafts\Uh-1H\Cockpit\Resources\Model\Textures\

3. Or- unpack UH-1H-CPT-TEXTURES.zip in folder named UH-1H-CPT-TEXTURES in <Disc>:\DCSWorld\Mods\aircrafts\Uh-1H\Cockpit\Resources\Model\Textures\, copy mod file in to that folder with overwrite, rename remaining UH-1H-CPT-TEXTURES.zip to Original_UH-1H-CPT-TEXTURES.zip

2 All:

Version 2 is on the way. In "(checking)" status right now.

Here are the screens for both available in Version 2 variants (used different HDR during screen capture. Sorry.) :

More dust:

attachment.php?attachmentid=81247&d=1368221075

Less Dust(previous version):

attachment.php?attachmentid=81248&d=1368221075

First post edited.

Screen_130511_005951.thumb.jpg.1f0b1e376cc22a6e9eaffdec0b7dfbf3.jpg

Screen_130507_000308.thumb.jpg.a4e0bb8fadecbadb22b9c30697248cfb.jpg

Edited by Necroscope

Ok, I'm generally competent with computers (maybe it's been a long weekend...), but I can NOT get this mod to install. When I attempt to extract "UH-1H-CPT-TEXTURES", I get an error in both winzip & winrar. The winzip error is:

"Compressed (zipped) Folders was unable to create the specified directory. Ensure that the directory does not already exist and that the path entered is valid."

Get a similar error in winrar, something to the effect of "...directory not found..."

What gives? I feel like my whole DCS World folder has some kind of restrictions. I've removed UAC a long time ago, and I'm the admin account. Running Win8. HELP!?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ok, I'm generally competent with computers (maybe it's been a long weekend...), but I can NOT get this mod to install. When I attempt to extract "UH-1H-CPT-TEXTURES", I get an error in both winzip & winrar. The winzip error is:

"Compressed (zipped) Folders was unable to create the specified directory. Ensure that the directory does not already exist and that the path entered is valid."

Get a similar error in winrar, something to the effect of "...directory not found..."

What gives? I feel like my whole DCS World folder has some kind of restrictions. I've removed UAC a long time ago, and I'm the admin account. Running Win8. HELP!?

Not expert in win8, but try this :

0. Backup original file!

1. depends on your ZIP-program. With Winrar you can just open UH-1H-CPT-TEXTURES.zip in one window, open mod-zip in other and simply drag-n-drop file.

2. Or - unpack UH-1H-CPT-TEXTURES.zip in some other folder, copy mod file in to that folder with overwrite, pack files back with name UH-1H-CPT-TEXTURES.zip and save it in <Disc>:\DCSWorld\Mods\aircrafts\Uh-1H\Cockpit\Resources\Model\Textures\

3. Or- unpack UH-1H-CPT-TEXTURES.zip in folder named UH-1H-CPT-TEXTURES in <Disc>:\DCSWorld\Mods\aircrafts\Uh-1H\Cockpit\Resources\Model\Textures\, copy mod file in to that folder with overwrite, rename remaining UH-1H-CPT-TEXTURES.zip to Original_UH-1H-CPT-TEXTURES.zip

Great mod although it doesn't seem to work with the un skin.

Hm... Strange. It doesn't related to skin. Could you please provide some additional info(screens, mission file anything helpful) BTW - In company- UN skin used and mod works OK.

Would it be possible to make one with even more scratches with some that follow the arc of the wipers?

More scratches - Possible. But scratches in present mod have minimum possible thickness. Probably upscale of texture do the tick, but I'm not sure. Will try.

the arc of the wipers - it is really tricky. In fact the existing windshield is not rounded, but faceted. So to make continuous ark of wiper - I have to paint ark on facets, this will be ark only from one point of view.

I think I can make few broken "arks" to simulate wipers trails to overcome this...

Have you any photos where we can see scratches\wiper' arcs?

how do you copy a dds into a zip file ?

I'm doing this with Total Commander. You can enter the ZIP file like any other folder and copy the file there. Easy.

attachment.php?attachmentid=81590&d=1368527888

586816432_ProgramManager_2013-05-14_12-33-18.thumb.jpg.86845c167983025bd8fa60fe3fe30e4d.jpg

Edited by Suchacz

No photos but there was a glass mod for the ka50 with scratches from the wipers that looked really good.

...but Akula's windshields are flat. That makes a huge difference.

We have huge discussion on RU-forium regarding scratches on windshields - persons who really have possibility to work with military planes said that there were no visible scratches at all. And even if it happens - tech-crew's job was to polish them to dead.

But I'll try to find out the possibility to simulate old-plastic, at list as fictional one.

Stay tuned.

Found this:

AVSCOM Report No. 76-22

EVALUATION OF SCRATCH- AND SPALL-RESISTANT WINDSHIELDS

AMMRC TR 76-39 December 1976

"Recent combat experience has demonstrated that the frequent replacement of

Army helicopter glazings is mainly necessitated by loss of transparency due to surface

scratching, primarily caused by wiper blade action and prop-wash blown dust."

So I think this could be a good challenge for me. :)

Stay tuned.