UH-1H bugs found

Flagada

Hi all I'm simply reporting all the bugs I have found in the UH-1H so far. Here it is:

*Training, cold start procedure is not complete.

When you try to get through the procedure first the ignition seq is very long and we're not sure what to do. Sitting it out fixes the problem but maybe we could be told to wait until engine stabilize or something, possibly have the trainer tell us to monitor specific engine temperature gauges or something after we hit the ignition.

Secondly in the cold start training mission still. during the "engine normal power" section we're told to go full throttle with page up. And wait till we get x and y values on an instrument.

Well we get x and y values but then nothing happens no matter how long you wait.

What you don't know is that you need to also press ctrl page up to increase the gov. then it says that's it for the training.

Yet the master caution and IFF lights are still lit... how can the training say ready for take/off with the master caution on -_-...

Turns out for the caution a simple reset with the "test" switch next to the anunciator panels solves the job. Wether it's realistic or not it should be told in the training I feel.

*The auto start seq also does not get rid of the master caution alarm. Maybe it should.

*The ignition process engages intense vibrations that are no where to seen on youtube videos of huey start up.

*Repair requests on my end of the game does not work. "player:repair" appears top left, no response no countdown nothing.

My friend get's the message across. But at the end of the countdown his helo explodes. He was able to reproduce the results numerous times.

*I have landed my helicopter on a non-moving aircraft carrier. On most parts it works no problem. But if you land on the areas defined by red markings (I think they're elevators to get the planes outside from the cargo bay). The helo goes through it.

Now don't get me wrong, I know it's still beta, it just came out and it's normal to have bugs in it. Personnally I enjoy it so far. I just wanted to report the bugs that I did find so far.

Edited by Flagada

Like I said above. You have a test switch left of the annunciator panel down between the pilots seats. You can left click the test switch to illuminate all caution lights (except master caution which is located elsewhere) or you can right click it to reset. The right click once you finished your start sequence seems to remove the master caution.

Again this should be either told to us in the training cold start if this is realistic, or corrected if unrealistic.

bottom line is you can click it :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

bugs i have found in update 1.2.6

1-the throttle animation no longer works when i press my throttle keys. the engine and rotor respond properly, but the throttle itself on the collective does not move.

**it does move when i operate the throttle by clicking it with the mouse and moving the mouse. however, i'm not sure if that adjusts the engine still, or if its only the animation. i was busy finding other bugs (not by choice)

2-the aircraft will not start from parking cold. not sure why.

3-possibly connected to #2, the starter button used to press when i click the mouse, and release when i released the mouse button. NOW, the starter button presses in and stays when i press and release the mouse button, and i have to click the button again to get the starter button to come back up.

4-the pilot (right hand side) flex sight will not come down. i turn on the flex sight and the copilot flex sight comes down, the flex sight active text comes up on the right hand side of the screen, but the sight does not come down anymore.

**apparently this is now done by several steps and clicking other buttons on the sight. my question is, why change it? i had a button assigned just to the flex sight on/off. push the button, sight comes down, ready to fire.

5-the sound of the miniguns firing is no longer there. the guns fire, but there is no sound at all from inside the cockpit.

6-it seems it takes a LOT of power to pick up off the ground. i was nearly maxing my joystick throttle (there's a full up detent kind of a bump i was pushing against. didnt go into the detent, just up against it)

Edited by socrgy9
edited information

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.6 | BeQuiet DarkRockPro 3 | MSI GTX 980 | G.Skill 16GB 1866MHz | ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 | Samsung 840 Evo 250GB

Core i7 3610QM @2.3GHz | GTX 660M 2GB | 8GB 1600MHz | MSI GE-60 0ND laptop

My list of bugs so far:

-FaceTrackNoIR still not working after moving the headtracker.dll file from Eagle Dynamics/DCS World/bin/headtracker/ to Eagle Dynamics/DCS World/bin

-View constantly spins around without input in all views

-External sound mods are not working even after copying sounds into sounds folder, very annoying given the time and effort people have put into refining the sound to the point that it finally sounded like a Huey. After the update, the Huey sounds like a Bumble Bee agian.

Liquid Cooled i9 11900K | GeForce RTX 2080 | 32 gig RAM | SSD Samsung 850 EVO | HP Reverb G2

TM F/A-18 Stick | Virpil WarBRD | WinWIng F/A-18 HOTAS

4-the pilot (right hand side) flex sight will not come down. i turn on the flex sight and the copilot flex sight comes down, the flex sight active text comes up on the right hand side of the screen, but the sight does not come down anymore.

**apparently this is now done by several steps and clicking other buttons on the sight. my question is, why change it? i had a button assigned just to the flex sight on/off. push the button, sight comes down, ready to fire.

In my case, I should hit L-CTRL + M to move down the sight, but no chance to activate the pilot reticule meanwhile the co-pilot is visible ... :huh: :joystick:

• 3 months later...

Once damaged (i.e. physically disconnected from further torque transission to tail rotor by machine gun traces) the tail rotor-half of the transission shaft still keeps rotating as if nothing's happened at all. :megalol: How couild it be? (Is there a hidden separate torque-motor:music_whistling:)

Edited by leutenant

Once damaged (i.e. physically disconnected from further torque transission to tail rotor by machine gun traces) the tail rotor-half of the transission shaft still keeps rotating as if nothing's happened at all. :megalol: How couild it be? (Is there a hidden separate torque-motor:music_whistling:)
Yes, known bug. Thanks.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

• 1 year later...