What pedals to buy?

marker

Hey guys.

Looking for a set of pedals to use specifically with the Huey, wlthoughnthey will be used with fc3 and a10 occasionally.

Does anyone have a recommendation for me, I'm in the uk if that helps.

Thanks

“Any pilot should be flying the spitfire, at least once.” – John S. Blyth

i am planinng to buy ch products pedals and fighter stick, i will use them with my old x-52 throttle. what do you think?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

+1 on above pedals, the best I've had. I like them better than CH Pro Pedals, but these are also great.

Just be aware the Saiteks have a toe-brake issue with DCS that has several work-arounds. Just search for 'sticky brakes Saitek' and you should see something on it.

I have them too, great stuff and the "issue" is not really an issue, it is just that, in DCS, you have to reverse the axis for the toe brakes. (axis tune in control)

MSI Z170A Titanium Edition mobo + 6700K CPU

32 GB G.Skill TridentZ memory 3200 MHz

Sandisk Extreme Pro 256 GB SSD

Samsung 950 Pro 512 GB M.2 SSD (3 GB/s) for DCS and +.

HP ZR24W Monitor, EVGA GTX 1080ti FE

Thrustmaster Warthog, MFG CrossWind rudder...

and Oculus Rift CV1.

I have them too, great stuff and the "issue" is not really an issue, it is just that, in DCS, you have to reverse the axis for the toe brakes. (axis tune in control)

Actually, the issue be referred to is the 'sticky' brake issue, which has nothing to do with reversing them.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I had Saitek pedals for a couple of years and they felt cheap, plastic (duh!) and sticky. I lubricated them several times but the stickiness didn't go away. The center detent also bothers in precise applications such as helicopter flying. PeterP has posted a way to remove the detent. It's a simple mod but I still managed to break my pedals doing it. Ironically I'm supposed to fix jet engines at work while I can't fix toy pedals... :P

I was not happy with them and finally got a real reason to buy new ones so I ordered KomodoSim ProAT Pedals. Hand made in England by a real helicopter pilot. ;)

I have high hopes for them but I think they are out your price range (225£ + vat). You get what you pay for though and I have noticed that to be true. Hopefully with these too.

AFAIK these have exactly the same mechanism as the combat ones. The looks is just different. And the price obviously...

Edited by Griffin

i am planinng to buy ch products pedals and fighter stick, i will use them with my old x-52 throttle. what do you think?

I'm using the Fighterstick, the CH-Pedals and the CH Pro-Throttle for severals years now. Nothing broke, nothing to complain about.

The Fighterstick has the very minor issue, that a diagonal movement of the stick is not very precise, cause the two axes are forcing you into one axis a time a bit. But it's hardly noticeable.

I'm also using other stuff von CH: the Throttle Quadrant and the Multi Function Panel (MFP). All products works like charm out of the box.

The software is a bit old fashioned, but ok so far.

To be honest, I'm thinking about the Thrustmaster Warthog as a replacement. But i'm not sure if or when I buy that one.

DCS:A-10C / DCS:Ka-50 / DCS:UH-1H / DCS:Mig21bis / DCS:P-51D / DCS:Mi-8MTV2 / DCS:Fw190D9 / DCS:Bf109K4 / DCS:C-101EB / DCS:L-39C / DCS:F-5E / DCS:Spitfire LF Mk. IX / DCS:AJS37

I had Saitek pedals for a couple of years and they felt cheap, plastic (duh!) and sticky. I lubricated them several times but the stickiness didn't go away. The center detent also bothers in precise applications such as helicopter flying. PeterP has posted a way to remove the detent. It's a simple mod but I still managed to break my pedals doing it. Ironically I'm supposed to fix jet engines at work while I can't fix toy pedals... :P

I was not happy with them and finally got a real reason to buy new ones so I ordered KomodoSim ProAT Pedals. Hand made in England by a real helicopter pilot. ;)

I have high hopes for them but I think they are out your price range (225£ + vat). You get what you pay for though and I have noticed that to be true. Hopefully with these too.

AFAIK these have exactly the same mechanism as the combat ones. The looks is just different. And the price obviously...

Wow, if you are a dedicated heli sim pilot, especially Huey, those are amazing, and not that expensive.

MSI Z170A Titanium Edition mobo + 6700K CPU

32 GB G.Skill TridentZ memory 3200 MHz

Sandisk Extreme Pro 256 GB SSD

Samsung 950 Pro 512 GB M.2 SSD (3 GB/s) for DCS and +.

HP ZR24W Monitor, EVGA GTX 1080ti FE

Thrustmaster Warthog, MFG CrossWind rudder...

and Oculus Rift CV1.

I've had Saitek Flight Pedals for 10yrs,Great dependable Gear,I got my money's worth.

I avoided rudder pedals all these years.. I didn't need that crap! I thought.. When the UH-1H was released.. I purchased Saitek Pro Flights (95 bucks) and now I can see why everyone that sims uses them... way better than the twist grip! I locked my x52pro twist out and been enjoying these pedals a lot! much easier to control!

Oh I also had to remove the settings in DCS for the twist as it had a slight use left in it even when locked out.. but now..oh the pedal effect is soooo sweet... I hope mine last 10 years as well!

Edited by Fuby

Took the plunge and ordered these.

http://www.flightstore.co.uk/flight-simulation-c499/flight-simulation-pedals-c502/saitek-cessna-pro-flight-rudder-pedals-p2422

Anyone else have them, didn't read about any major problem with them online, but can still. Hange them as they aren't out to post until tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks

“Any pilot should be flying the spitfire, at least once.” – John S. Blyth