Very sensitive x52 : help rqd.

marker

Hi guys.

Wondering if I can gleem some advice from the more experienced sim pilots here.

It seems that my x52 is extremely sensitive to any sort of movement, even breathing on it would send the controls spiralling out of control.

So, at this very moment, I only have dead zones set up, both in my joystick control panel and through the Huey controls axis tune, which is set at ten.

Curves and saturation are untouched, in essence what I am looking for is some advice on how to set up my joystick so that it isn't as sensitive.

Also, could someone explain exactly in laymans terms what effect the curves have.

Much obliged.

“Any pilot should be flying the spitfire, at least once.” – John S. Blyth

i have x-52 too and i have same problem but the only solution seems practicing much more.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

The best way to really grasp what curves do is to actually set a curve around 40 and then move your stick (while still in the axis tune panel). If you watch the dot moving on the horizontal, your stick, and then compare to the dot moving on the curve, the sims stick, you can see what is happening.

Basically, as the curve increases, the beginning area of travel will become less sensitive, you move your stick more for less movement in the sim. However, the downside is that when you reach the outer range of travel, small movements of your stick will produce large movements in the sim (which is the opposite of what you are after).

So you have to trade more control when your stick is near the center for less control near the outer part of it's travel.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I've also got the X52. I gave the base of the stick a good clean where the spring is with some "AFC electrolube"and applied a small amount of grease which I use for the bearings in my model RC heli's because it was sticking slightly(don't use wd40 or a thin oil it will only make a mess and it's a dirt magnet). I started out flying the Huey with a 25 curve on pitch and roll and made it less and less as I improved. I now have a curve of 10 with no dead zones.

You can get a tiny tube of bearing lube/grease from almost any RC model shop for 3 quid or less and a good switch cleaner from any electrical/electronics store I got mine from Maplin's here in the UK

I use an x52 pro and saitek pro pedals the settings I have found give me the best input and sensitivity is

No deadzones on x and y axis but a curve of 21 on each. Collective is set as a slider and rudders again have no deadzone and no curve.

So far these are easily the best settings I have found.

SD

[sIGPIC]sigpic55726_5.gif[/sIGPIC]

Same here, x52 ..

No deadzone, and a curvature of +15 on cyclic axis ( i will look for confirm ).

With the new Flight models, it is night and day compared to the previous one

i was able to Hover, land " more or less correctly" on helipad, like in any place with the previous FM, but now it is waaay more easy and the Huey is waay more stable it was before.

Practice ofc help, you will start have a good idea of the position of the stick and how the hover react to horizontal speed change, vertical speed change etc. Then you will anticipate and so start get more and more control on it, then you will play with thoses reactions and use them .

Edited by Lane

- I7 2600K @5.2ghz ( EK full Nickel waterblock )

- Gigabyte P67A-UD7 B3

- 8GB Predator 2133mhz

- 2x HD7970 - EK Nickel EN H2o block

- 2x Crucial realSSD C300 Raid0

- Black Widow Ultimate - X52 -TrackIR 5

- XIfi Titanium HD

- Win 7 x64Pro