X52 PRO keys not holding

Bit of an odd one here. As mentioned in a previous thread i'm trying to get back into the DCS universe, and have reinstalled the saitek software/drivers for my stick. However i have an issue that is rendering the game unplayable.

While in-game, none of the keys are functioning as they should. Example: In A-10C, pressing the master mode button results in rapid cycling of master modes, and as soon as i release, it sticks on air to air mode. And a single click on the coolie right button rapidly cycles the right mfd screens (holding has the same effect, instead of setting SOI)

In the profiler test window, holding the joystick button down results in the window reporting rapid pressing and releasing of the key. If i hold the same key on the keyboard, the test window shows the button press, and repeating in blue (i'm sure saitek owners know what i'm talking about!)

Does anyone know what could be the issue? I'm banging my head against a wall with saitek support, who just seem to be sending me round in circles.

Running windows 8 Enterprise edition x64

I tried to reproduce the problem but was not able to. The press function is being recorded but not the release. Test the buttons in your control panel to see if they are functioning properly. There are 2 things I have learned that may be valuable even if they are not a solution for this particular issue.

1. If you are programming a button to represent a 2 keystroke function both keyboard keys must be pressed at exactly the same time.

2. Every time you edit your profile you must clear profile and reload it before the changes will take effect.

Now then....rather than wrestle with your current issue, the first thing I would do is delete everything. Download the latest drivers and software from Saitek and reinstall being sure to load the drivers first and then the programming software. Do not plug in the stick until prompted to do so.

Good luck.

Thanks for the suggestions Blooze, Unfortunately i've already uninstalled and re-installed several versions of the drivers & software, and even gone so far as to remove every trace of Saitek from registry and all drives. The problem persisted.

Got a screenshot of the issue below. This was a button programmed to hit "Ctrl T", held for about 3 seconds. You can see at times the buttons are repeating so fast they get mixed together, and at other points it is simulating the button being held down properly for a short time.

4Gr8L2F6GDMFXs7nHMybKcSoywNmVvlatw2LfAx-Hjk?size=1280x960

All the buttons on the joystick control panel appear to function as normal, and it doesnt matter if the keystroke being performed is just a simple single letter or multiple key press etc.

With the help of a friend i think we have come to the conclusion that this stick, with less than 25 hours of use, is shot. It seems the stick is reporting gaps in the button press while holding. Going to try it on another pc, and if it gets the same result, i guess i'll have to save and grab a new stick...

...It probably wont be Saitek. This will be the second X52 i've owned that has developed a fault after very little use.

If anyone else has suggestions, or experienced (and resolved!) the same issue it would be great. Everything was working a week or so ago when i first installed, and now i actually get a chance to play and all this kicks off :(

• 5 weeks later...

I may be having this same problem. If what your talking about is: You hit the button, it rapidly presses the programmed button, as if your holding the actual key on the keyboard down, but with no delay. I am having this exact same issue. Too many inputs, the game is either not registering or it's not having a chance to react. I can't seem to find a solution yet.

However - if you mean you press AND release the button, but it continues to repeat the programmed key press, until you otherwise interrupt it - well there is a solution. R-click that button in the programmer & UNCHECK the "latched" key. Having "latched" checked makes the joystick button act same as the caps/num lock keys. Basically, toggle on/off.

So back to the first suggestion. Only way I found to "fix" this was to un-program the button, then use the "joybutton#" as your binding. So tailoring your games control options to he stick, rather than the stick to the game. Had to do this to have a Reliable PTT button for my teamspeak, as well as Fire button in WarThunder (profile I downloaded bound trigg to [enter] and that was the "fire" button).

Just thought of a solution. It's terrible & hokey, but may work. Rather than setting a button press, set a macro. The macro should read something like (and forgive if this isn't accurate, haven't programmed macros in Saiteks program, but have with other gaming hardware)

Ex: Throttle Button B. Desired keyboard button is B, as well - for Air Brakes.

R-click the button area, click "program macro", then with the cursor in the proper box, tap "b" on the keyboard. Not too fast, but don't hold it down either. Then click ok. Now the "b" button n the throttle will mimic that button press every time. You can also edit the time.

(down)

.250ms. <- how long the delay is between key press/release. .250 = 1/4second

(up)

So you can tailor the key depress time however you see fit. 1/4 sec may be too long.

Anyways. I don't like this as a "fix", but its better than having a barely functioning stick. Hopefully somebody can point us in the right direction here? I could have sworn I saw a key repeat-speed option somewhere. Maybe it's under the "control" program.... Ill check tomorrow.

I spent two weeks trying to troubleshoot this between my own efforts and Saiteks...helpful? support service. They were repeatedly telling me to do the same things, so i gave up and after HOURS of experimentation i discovered Teamspeak was the problem.

Under Teamspeak settings, click the hotkeys tab, and in the bottom right corner make sure the dropdown box is set to Direct Input. After restarting Teamspeak, if you had the same issue as i did it should be resolved.

Thanks for the replies guys... I *think* I fixed the problem last night by deleting the driver data from the device manager, and reinstalling the 6.2.2.4 drivers along with SST 7.0.24.8

My problem wasn't with the commands being latched, but rather like the OP's where a command would be sent as if it was being rapidly pressed and depressed, not pressed and held like it should be.

Under Teamspeak settings, click the hotkeys tab, and in the bottom right corner make sure the dropdown box is set to Direct Input. After restarting Teamspeak, if you had the same issue as i did it should be resolved.

This is interesting... one issue that came up for me last night was that a few times some of the people in my TS channel would claim they could no longer hear me. I would alt-tab from DCS to find that my PTT was no longer being recognized by TS (non-hotas PTT button on mouse).

The only cure seemed to be closing / reopening TS. I wonder if this could be related to that... either way, I've changed it to direct input, so we'll see.

Thanks again guys.

• 3 weeks later...
I spent two weeks trying to troubleshoot this between my own efforts and Saiteks...helpful? support service. They were repeatedly telling me to do the same things, so i gave up and after HOURS of experimentation i discovered Teamspeak was the problem.

I had two minutes ago the same problem, and tried your fix. I you were here, I think I could kiss you because it works very well and I was desperate to find a fix. So thank you so much !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm french (nobody's perfect :smilewink:) so don't be too hard with my english :thumbup:

FC3 | A-10C | Mirage 2000C | F/A-18 | KA-50 | UH-1H | Mi-8 | Combined Arms

• 4 months later...

+1 on this fix. The drop down was a little different in the latest TS client - I had to select "Keyboard & Mouse Only" but that fixed the issue.

• 1 month later...

I. Freakin. Love You...

AMD Phenom II X6 1075T

ATI Radeon HD6850

Corsair 8GB 1600MHz

ASUS M4A89TD PRO

Freetrack

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
+1 on this fix. The drop down was a little different in the latest TS client - I had to select "Keyboard & Mouse Only" but that fixed the issue.

Same problem here, with Saitek X52 with SST 7.0.27.13 and TS3 v3.0.16 in Windows 7 x64, and this solution worked! Thank you!

• 1 month later...

Same problem here just right now and after reinstalling etc I found this thread and .......... I LOVE YOU TOO !!!!!!!!!

(and f# teamspeak why does it messed my x52 ???)

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

L'important n'est pas de tuer, mais de survivre.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

if you read this you are too curious

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm having this issue and I don't even have teamspeak. I have the x-52 (not the PRO version if that makes a difference). When I hold the throttle hat left for the "coolie left" command, instead of the press being registered and held until I release the command, it's like old-school Nintendo turbo mode, acting like I'm pressing the j key repeatedly.

I can't even find old drivers for the x52 anymore, and I don't have teamspeak, so I really don't know what to do. I've had this sim for 2 goddamned years and haven't been able to play it right. I finally got a decent PC and a trackIR and I STILL can't do it. This is why I left PC gaming in the first place. I already have a job, I don't need another one that doesn't pay me.

Any ideas? I did the old uninstall and reinstall about 67 times already. I'm out of options here and really annoyed.

EDIT: I tried making the coolie hat commands in DCS itself, and it works properly. This isn't really a fix though, as I need to use the shift state switch on my controller to get all the proper functions, and the only way to map this is using the SST software. This is clearly an SST vs. DCS issue, and I'm at a loss at how to resolve it.

EDIT AGAIN: Nevermind. This is a known Saitek/Windows 10 driver issue. Ridiculous. You spend all this time upgrading everything just to find out you upgraded too much. I don't know how you dedicated PC people do this. It's exhausting. I have to wait until "Early September" for Saitek to fix "all issues". So I guess this sim will be gathering dust for another several weeks.

Edited by LastRifleRound

I'm having this issue and I don't even have teamspeak. I have the x-52 (not the PRO version if that makes a difference). When I hold the throttle hat left for the "coolie left" command, instead of the press being registered and held until I release the command, it's like old-school Nintendo turbo mode, acting like I'm pressing the j key repeatedly.

I can't even find old drivers for the x52 anymore, and I don't have teamspeak, so I really don't know what to do. I've had this sim for 2 goddamned years and haven't been able to play it right. I finally got a decent PC and a trackIR and I STILL can't do it. This is why I left PC gaming in the first place. I already have a job, I don't need another one that doesn't pay me.

Any ideas? I did the old uninstall and reinstall about 67 times already. I'm out of options here and really annoyed.

EDIT: I tried making the coolie hat commands in DCS itself, and it works properly. This isn't really a fix though, as I need to use the shift state switch on my controller to get all the proper functions, and the only way to map this is using the SST software. This is clearly an SST vs. DCS issue, and I'm at a loss at how to resolve it.

EDIT AGAIN: Nevermind. This is a known Saitek/Windows 10 driver issue. Ridiculous. You spend all this time upgrading everything just to find out you upgraded too much. I don't know how you dedicated PC people do this. It's exhausting. I have to wait until "Early September" for Saitek to fix "all issues". So I guess this sim will be gathering dust for another several weeks.

Yeah I have exactly(!) the same problem and this is exhausting -.-

The only fix (to me) is not using the X52-Software and bind the keys within DCS - but still I cannot use the "mouse" knob on my throttle (the only key which is not working, every other key shall work using the modifier list) so flying the A10 is more complicated using an additional modifier.

Nice to hear that a fix is otw, I hope it will arrive soon - otherwise the Warthog gets more and more attractive.

Edited by kreisch

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Thought I'd post this just in case someone finds themselves having this problem. So I noticed my x52 had developed this problem of repeater buttons and the fix was teamspeak related. I don't have teamspeak so I had to look for other possible culprits. Turns out after updating the geforce experience software, it had turned on the overlay. I had to turn the overlay off from the geforce experience settings even though I wasn't using any of the functions like recording or fps counters or anything.

Now my x52 is back the way it is supposed to be. Working until it stops working again

• Like 1

Thought I'd post this just in case someone finds themselves having this problem.

So I noticed my x52 had developed this problem of repeater buttons and the fix was teamspeak related. I don't have teamspeak so I had to look for other possible culprits.

Turns out after updating the geforce experience software, it had turned on the overlay. I had to turn the overlay off from the geforce experience settings even though I wasn't using any of the functions like recording or fps counters or anything.

Now my x52 is back the way it is supposed to be.

Thanks for the tip, might be why my x52 pro just started doing this.

Regards, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

• 4 months later...

Well, found this thread and good to know i'm not alone in this. I still have the same issue; I've tried everything suggested:

1. TS under "keyboard and mouse only" on hotkeys settings

2. Turning OFF the overlay from GeForce experience

Still everytime i want to use a profile from the programming software, when i press a key, it goes turbo crazy and presses it 10 times or more.

Any ideas? There must be a software or something in conflict with it.

I have W7 64bits

666GIAP_Chimanov - My Tomcat tribute video, type on youtube browser=> "DCS F-14 Tomcat Symphony"

Anyone please? I'd appreciate it, haven't been able to play DCS in a month now.

Any of you with X-52 has/had this issue? Did you fix it with something different than the 2 steps mentioned above?

If not, any of you with X-52 pro and W7 64bits, could you please tell me what saitek drivers and SST version are you running?

Thanks in advance.

666GIAP_Chimanov - My Tomcat tribute video, type on youtube browser=> "DCS F-14 Tomcat Symphony"