X-Control Mod (Take Over control of AI planes) - Comunity open mod

does this mod conflict with online integrity check?

Only if you install Su30/Su33 luas for Combatace models. Else it shouldn't.

@Deus-Olympus

But can you have separation of say F18 avionics (F16) and a F18C AFM? Is there such a thing? I see F18C flies on it's own "style" but I'm not sure it is "AFM"... And when you hit the ground you die like in SFM planes.

Edited by zaelu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To a degree it depends on what cockpit you use as to how the F-18 flies. I had a version without an existing cockpit using the external model and it flies differently again. The best way to observe this is with the AI helicopters, I fly UH-60A-ER a lot and when I take out the KA-50 pit it handles more like the Huey. When using the Ka-50 pit it handles totally different and is much easier to control.

I created a topic but forget about this one. I can ask you the same thing here

I'd like to know if I can use the Su-27 3D cockpit to fly the Mirage 2000 in DCS World 1.2.5.

I don't know which files I need to replace. If anyone can help me, it would be great.

Also, how can I replace the 3D model of the M2000 ? Because it's pretty ugly right now

Thanks

Yes, you can use Su27 pit for the Mirage and use a better looking model.

For the pit you can use Alex's example and simply swap the ID# to that of the Su27.

To change the model requires that you change the m2000.lods files so it points to the new model

For example

the lods file currently looks like this:

model = {

lods = {

{"m2000.edm",50000.000000};

};

collision_shell = "mirage-2000-collision.edm";

}

Change the red section to the name of the new model. The blue section is the collision shell which you change only if you have one for the new model.

Interesting... my F18C always felt light weighted but recently (after 1.2.5) I used it with bombs and rockets and I observed that it doesn't go supersonic this way. But with missiles only... it was going fast like hell and did some vertical climbs better than F15C I think.

I'll have to recheck it now after patch.

PS I use the old method of assigning cockpits... via copied edm files not by lods.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Yes, you can use Su27 pit for the Mirage and use a better looking model.

For the pit you can use Alex's example and simply swap the ID# to that of the Su27.

To change the model requires that you change the m2000.lods files so it points to the new model

For example

the lods file currently looks like this:

model = {

lods = {

{"m2000.edm",50000.000000};

};

collision_shell = "mirage-2000-collision.edm";

}

Change the red section to the name of the new model. The blue section is the collision shell which you change only if you have one for the new model.

Thanks a lot for your quick answer

CustomHuman will not work anymore , it is replaced by make_flyable call

see any entry.lua inside mods/aircrafts

local FM = {self_ID, 'OPTIONAL_FM_DLL', old = 6 --[[ F_15 as CWS source --]] }

make_flyable('AIRCRAFT-ID',nil --[[ ommited cockpit script path --]] ,FM,current_mod_path..'/comm.lua') comm.lua is radio menu declaration (optional )

where "old" is mark for use old FC style cockpit

where value of old represent FC aircraft which will be donor of cockpit systems

6 - F-15

see Scripts\Database\wsTypes.lua for more values .

off course to have all cockpits except Su-25T you will need to have FC3 installed , or A-10A or Su-25A modules for respective donors

Sorry but if I want to use the new Su-27 pit, how can I do. So far I manage to use the old su-27 pit for my Mirage 2000 but I wanted to use the new one.

My head is burning right now :). I'm going back to AdA Mod for tonight

I knew that wasn't the end :).

So i have two problems know :s.

First one :

As you can see on the screen the pit seems to be too low and creates textures glitch.

http://imgur.com/a/vLUq9

How can I fix this ?

Second one :

I don't have any control at all. Even if i map it in options. I do have the Mirage 2000-5 entry in options but it doesn't seems to work. No 6DOF too

here's my entry.lua

make_flyable('Mirage 2000-5', 'Mods/aircrafts/Flaming Cliffs/Cockpit/KneeboardRight/', {self_ID,'Mirage', old=3}, current_mod_path..'/Comm/Mirage2000-5.lua')

InputProfiles =
{
   ["a-10a"] = current_mod_path .. '/Input/a-10a',
   ["F-15C"] = current_mod_path .. '/Input/f-15c',
   ["mig-29"] = current_mod_path .. '/Input/mig-29',
   ["mig-29c"] = current_mod_path .. '/Input/mig-29c',
   ["mig-29g"] = current_mod_path .. '/Input/mig-29g',
   ["su-25"] = current_mod_path .. '/Input/su-25',
   ["su-27"] = current_mod_path .. '/Input/su-27',
   ["su-33"] = current_mod_path .. '/Input/su-33',
   ["Mirage 2000-5"] = current_mod_path .. '/Input/Mirage2000-5',

},

I do have the Mirage2000-5 folder inside "Input". I'm a little bit lost right know, there is one "Input" folder inside "Saved Games" too. Which one am I suppose to use ??

Regards,

Max

Edited by Maxzouz

I know the answer to your first part of the question. The cockpit can be moved around by editing the Server.lua file in the Config/view folder. Just remember to that every update will revert this back to a default file so you will have to re-edit this every update. I haven't tinkered around with makeing the autoconfig on this part yet so I dont know if and how to do it.

As for inputs, try making your entry.lua part look like this instead: "make_flyable('Mirage 2000-5', current_mod_path..'/Cockpit/KneeboardRight/', nil, current_mod_path..'/Comm/Mirage2000-5.lua')" I cant say that will work because I dont have your folder stucture on some things, but that might help. If not, you might want to double check everything over name spelling wise to make sure it all matches up. If you dont mind posting what you have or PMing me I can try and take a look for you.

I'm getting close. My first problem is now fixed. As you said I manage to tweak the Server.lua to place the cockpit at the right place. And get the 6DOF :)

But I still don't have any controls available.

I used the entry.lua located in

...\DCS World\Mods\aircrafts\Flaming Cliffs\entry.lua

I created a folder named "Mirage2000-5" in

...\DCS World\Mods\aircrafts\Flaming Cliffs\Input\

and copied the inside of my "su-27" folder to it.

I do have Mirage 2000-5 inside the options but even if I load and existing config, I can't move in game

I'm getting close. My first problem is now fixed. As you said I manage to tweak the Server.lua to place the cockpit at the right place. And get the 6DOF :)

But I still don't have any controls available.

I used the entry.lua located in

...\DCS World\Mods\aircrafts\Flaming Cliffs\entry.lua

I created a folder named "Mirage2000-5" in

...\DCS World\Mods\aircrafts\Flaming Cliffs\Input\

and copied the inside of my "su-27" folder to it.

I do have Mirage 2000-5 inside the options but even if I load and existing config, I can't move in game

You cant simply copy the input folders, as the files themselves have Aircraft Names in them.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

It doesn't work with a default folder too. I do have the entry in options for Mirage 2000-5, I can map my stick and throttle but nothing happening in game.

I noticed that an aircraft.lua

return "Mirage 2000-5"

will appear each time I launch the game in

C:\Users\Maxzouz\Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input\

I don't know why at all.

Here's my folder structure in E:\Programmes\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircrafts\

├───Mirage 2000-5
│   ├───Input
│   │   └───Mirage 2000-5
│   │       ├───headtracker
│   │       ├───joystick
│   │       ├───keyboard
│   │       ├───mouse
│   │       └───trackir
│   ├───Missions
│   │   └───EN
│   │       ├───Campaigns
│   │       ├───Multiplayer
│   │       ├───QuickStart
│   │       ├───Single
│   │       └───Training
│   └───Theme
│   │    └───ME
│   │entry.lua
│   │comm.lua

And here's my entry.lua.

entry.lua

is there a way of adding the A 10a cockpit to any of these ?

Or adding the Harrier ?? with the a 10a cockpit

+ 1 ! where to get the Harrier with Hog pit plz?

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

If you are experiencing crashes with the F-15E please keep in mind that you can only have weapons on pylons 1-11, the F-15C has 11 stations where the F-15E has 19. The planes are limited to pylons the cockpit it uses states in the code to prevent crashes. I create my own custom loads in the mission editor.

gaz2644,

The below is from the F-18C entry.lua and using that as an example if you want to use the A-10A pit you need to change the value highlighted in red from 6 to 17.

make_flyable('F/A-18C', 'Mods/aircrafts/Flaming Cliffs/Cockpit/KneeboardRight/', {self_ID,'FA_18C',old = 6}, current_mod_path..'/comm.lua')