zoom in / out sound...

ENO

Eh guys. Noticed this the other day while testing a mission. When you zoom in while "around" a huey, it speeds up the sound and when you zoom out it slows the sound down into slow motion.

Zooming in makes it sound like a chipmunk while zooming out makes it sound like a zombie.

I'm not sure if this is a DCSW issue or a UH1- there is no "Sound" bug tracker thread over in the UH-1 forum.

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

whoops- my bad.

I guess zooming in and out on a fixed object I'd understand but in free view you're not really zooming- you're moving around the world.

But I digress... if it's the way it's supposed to be then I can move on to other ventures!

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

When Zooming (ie Closing FoV and Magnifying, CTRL + / or *),

The sound should be the same, as the Camera Position isnt changing.

When in Free view or F2 View and Moving the Camera closer/further away from the source using / and * keys (or Mouse wheel), you get the effect.

Sound waves expand from the source,

When you move the camera towards the source through them, you moving the camera in the opposite direction of the sound waves, therefore passing through more of them.

making it sound faster.

When you move the camera Away from the source, your moving the camera in the same direction as the sound waves, and passing through them at a slower rate. making it sound slower.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs