Cockput volumes

LexiconG2

I am using headphones but wanted to ask how sound proof is the A-10C cockpit? What are good volumes to have setup? I don't like it too quiet but want to find the most realistic setting...

CJK

Dell XPS 8500 Modified

700 Watt PSU

Windows 8 Pro MCE

Intel I7 3770 3.8 GHZ TR (stock)

16GB DDR 3 PC12800

Gigabyte 760 OC 2.0GB

2x 2TB HD

audio GUI sliders fixes a lot what u desire ingame.

also simulate cockpit noise cancel by adjusting the correct slider.

this is how it sounds for a pilot real life

very very faint the engines even with after burner

all be set in GUI audio options turn world audio slider down will get this effect.

Edited by diveplane

Sorry, but don't like this. The high frequency whistling comes very bothering for the ears and also it's repeating loop is very recognizable.:(

So please continue your work :thumbup:

that high pitch sounds like the electrical gyros .

with helmet hardly hear those.

Edited by diveplane

I know that there's an obvious loop (currently looking for a good sample to fix that), but the high frequency is present in the actual cockpit.

maybe present in the cockpit but the pilots helmet design cancels most noises out.

so if u want to simulate pilots helmet turn world and incockpit sliders down to 0 in options.

no need to mod any audios to simulate it. waste of time if u ask me.

Thanks for the feedback guys will get working on it again!

I think knowing what the variations of sounds while flying are important. The question is that ringing is not always there so what other videos can we come up with. The ringing in the background is from the engines, electrical, fuel systems running, etc. It's really hard to say with out sitting in a flying and running a-10c.

Dell XPS 8500 Modified

700 Watt PSU

Windows 8 Pro MCE

Intel I7 3770 3.8 GHZ TR (stock)

16GB DDR 3 PC12800

Gigabyte 760 OC 2.0GB

2x 2TB HD

You probably won't hear much with a sound proof helmet on....

Soundproof? I've worn the HGU-55/P while flying the Patriots L-39, and I can tell you while they block out a good bit of sound they are far from soundproof. You hear power changes very very well.

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

Might not be a bad idea to leave alone. The reason is that without the feeling of vibrations through the seat Engine power etc isn't as obvious. The extra sounds make up some for the lack of other real world feedback.

Asus Sabertooth P67 Motherboard 2600k CPU, 16 gig DDR3, 1600. Samsung 830, 256 gig hard drive,

GTX780 Video Card, Warthog Hotas, Razer Mamba mouse. Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals. Trackir 5, Verizon FIOS 25Meg Up/Down