EAC not correct during cold start

AhSoul

Once you flick your APU power on most systems will start spooling up without the engines running except SAS- I think the left engine needs to start spooling before those switches will stay up. The time wasted is if you're not flicking and clicking your other systems while the APU spools up.

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

EAC not with mouse

I'm still finding that no matter what I can not CLICK the EAC switch. I have to assign it to a keyboard combination.

If I use the mouse it just clicks back, if I use the keyboard it stays put however the EAC warning light remains on.

Is the mouse not working, or is the keyboard only graphically working and not actually turning on EAC at all. I've had this problem since I bought the DVD of A10 DCS and it put me completely off for a year. Now I'm back with DCS world module and it's still doing it. How are you supposed to learn such a complicated sim with these kinds of inconsistencies in the actual game code?

I'm still finding that no matter what I can not CLICK the EAC switch. I have to assign it to a keyboard combination.

If I use the mouse it just clicks back, if I use the keyboard it stays put however the EAC warning light remains on.

Is the mouse not working, or is the keyboard only graphically working and not actually turning on EAC at all. I've had this problem since I bought the DVD of A10 DCS and it put me completely off for a year. Now I'm back with DCS world module and it's still doing it. How are you supposed to learn such a complicated sim with these kinds of inconsistencies in the actual game code?

First rule of Fight Club: Don't move the aircraft until the NAV System is aligned (seperate to the EO Mav Power Alignment)

It's not the code it's the operator who can't figure out how to fire up the EAC. The code is not the issue here, the problem is you don't understand the fundamentals in how to correctly boot up the navigation system. Once the MFD's are on and you have pressed "Load All" wait for the '*' to come back on then press CDU on the right MFD. You will see heaps of writing but the only thing to take note of is the where it says 'INIT POSITION" under that you will see a "T= *****" the * is numbers that are counting upwards. This is the alignment numbers. Don't press anything else in the right MFD other than the CDU page when you press "Load All" Keep on going with other systems such as Radio's etc. Wait for the numbers to reach 4.0 0.8 and it will flash "INS NAV READY" once this has happened press OSB-9 (NAV) on the right MSD then press the 'EGI' Navigation button on the centre console below the compass (directly in front of the Joystick) once you have done this, you will be able to arm the EAC and Radar Altimeter Button (both directly under the throttles) Then check the warning light panels for anything else that you have forgotten or don't know how to turn on. Before jumping to conclusions and blaming the coders\devs, take a bit of time out and read the flight manual.

People are far to quick to jump on here and breathe fire when they have N.F.I what they are doing or how to go about doing something. If you still can't arm the EAC with the mouse pointer, You have moved the aircraft before the NAV system has reached 4.0 0.8 or you have pressed the NAV button, EGI or EAC before the Nav system has reached 4.0 0.8

For EAC to work, INS must be Aligned,

So, Power on CDU, Allow it to Align,

Click OSB9 for NAV on right MFCD after CDU is Aligned (4 minutes when Parked, 7 or so in Flight)

Behind the Flight stick, click the EGI Button,

Make sure Pitch and Yaw SAS are on.

Switch Radar Alt. to Normal.

Switch on EAC.

Never had any start up issues with EAC in a while.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

First rule of Fight Club: Don't move the aircraft until the NAV System is aligned (seperate to the EO Mav Power Alignment)

It's not the code it's the operator who can't figure out how to fire up the EAC. The code is not the issue here, the problem is you don't understand the fundamentals in how to correctly boot up the navigation system. Once the MFD's are on and you have pressed "Load All" wait for the '*' to come back on then press CDU on the right MFD. You will see heaps of writing but the only thing to take note of is the where it says 'INIT POSITION" under that you will see a "T= *****" the * is numbers that are counting upwards. This is the alignment numbers. Don't press anything else in the right MFD other than the CDU page when you press "Load All" Keep on going with other systems such as Radio's etc. Wait for the numbers to reach 4.0 0.8 and it will flash "INS NAV READY" once this has happened press OSB-9 (NAV) on the right MSD then press the 'EGI' Navigation button on the centre console below the compass (directly in front of the Joystick) once you have done this, you will be able to arm the EAC and Radar Altimeter Button (both directly under the throttles) Then check the warning light panels for anything else that you have forgotten or don't know how to turn on. Before jumping to conclusions and blaming the coders\devs, take a bit of time out and read the flight manual.

People are far to quick to jump on here and breathe fire when they have N.F.I what they are doing or how to go about doing something. If you still can't arm the EAC with the mouse pointer, You have moved the aircraft before the NAV system has reached 4.0 0.8 or you have pressed the NAV button, EGI or EAC before the Nav system has reached 4.0 0.8

I wasn't selecting EGI which is why I couldn't enable EAC.

My point about the game code was that whilst selecting EAC with the mouse the switch correctly (as I now know) moves back to the original position. However using the keyboard it does not which the game is showing the switch in the incorrect position.

It's very hard to learn something when you don't know if what the game is showing you is what you are supposed to be seeing. This was my concern as the benchmark for whether I was doing the correct thing or not was suddenly quite skewed.

Thanks all for helping me and I understand why you guys get frustrated answering the same stuff all the time. No one's really even noticed what I said about the difference between the keyboard and mouse control interactions though. You get annoyed with the same old questions, but getting the same answers as soon as someone mentions EAC is irritating too even though there was more to my post than that

Edited by jeproject

I wasn't selecting EGI which is why I couldn't enable EAC.

My point about the game code was that whilst selecting EAC with the mouse the switch correctly (as I now know) moves back to the original position. However using the keyboard it does not which the game is showing the switch in the incorrect position.

It's very hard to learn something when you don't know if what the game is showing you is what you are supposed to be seeing. This was my concern as the benchmark for whether I was doing the correct thing or not was suddenly quite skewed.

Thanks for helping me and I understand why you guys get frustrated answering the same stuff all the time. No one's really even noticed what I said about the difference between the keyboard and mouse control interactions though. You get annoyed with the same old questions, but getting the same answers as soon as someone mentions EAC is irritating too even though there was more to my post than that.

Fair call, apologies for jumping the gun. I did not look at the fact the keyboard short-cut allows the switch to stay forward even when the EAC is not armed. I have always armed it with the mouse pointer and when something is wrong or I have forgotten something, it flicks itself off in the same way as the anti collision light switch does when I have not powered up the external lighting systems power.

FYI the short-cut if you did not already know is "LEFT CRTL+P" to power up external lighting systems

Fair call, apologies for jumping the gun. I did not look at the fact the keyboard short-cut allows the switch to stay forward even when the EAC is not armed. I have always armed it with the mouse pointer and when something is wrong or I have forgotten something, it flicks itself off in the same way as the anti collision light switch does when I have not powered up the external lighting systems power.

FYI the short-cut if you did not already know is "LEFT CRTL+P" to power up external lighting systems

Left Control +P is Pinky Switch AFT, which allows External Lights to be Set by the Cockpit Panel.

Pinky Switch Forward is Default

Pinky Switch Center is Lights Off.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs