Mission: Abandon Ship

MBot

attachment.php?attachmentid=89268&stc=1&d=1381432189

Coop mission for up to 6 ( 8 ) players, but will also be fun for single players. A US frigate is in distress off the coast of Batumi. UH-1H and Mi-8MTV2 helicopters must evacuate the crew from the ship's decks and surrounding waters.

Featuring two variants. A day version for 4 Hueys and 2 Mi-8, and a night version with additional 2 Su-25 for illumination flare support.

There has been a small issue with a bug where the frigate is sunk if the mission is started with more than 2 persons on the server (see here). I have adjusted the script to hopefully minimize the impact of the bug, but haven't had the opportunity to retest it with sufficient people. Please let me know if you have any problems.

Mi-8_UH-1_co6_AbandonShip_day.miz

Mi-8_UH-1_Su-25_co8_AbandonShip_night.miz

AbandonShip.jpg.0340a494f2497af8c31f4de243a24f3e.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great mission again Mbot, we've tinkered with the script a little to give it a little more randomization and have flown it a few times now with 6 of 10 UH-1H clients and had a ball with it, no issues at all.

Thanks for your work!

Edited by Highwayman-Ed

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Il sound in and lend my 5 cents worth too, its a great fun mission mate, its great for fine tuning the hovering and approach work, all Kudos to u Mbot.

Regards

DL available skins here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=Strut

Pictures of my Skins here: https://imgur.com/a/bOQyQqW

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64bit, Intel® Core i7-5820K CPU OC @ 4.50GHz x6, X99A GAMING PRO CARBON, MSI RTX 2080 TI GAMING X TRIO 11Gb, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD 960 EVO250GB, SSD 850 EVO 500GB, JetSeat, MFG Crosswind Pedals, VPC Mongoose T-50, TMWH, DSD ButtonBox, Pimax 5k XR/BE

• 5 months later...

Cool mission in SP mode!! Enjoy it very much!

Q: Only occasionally are there directions from crew chief helping getting close "to / from" target in water ("12 o'clock - 8", "12 o'clock - 6" etc).... but most of the time I get no direction from crew chief.

When 'close to' or hovering at 2 -3 feet in the green smoke, a voice states "... below..." (I guess..., can't really understand what he's trying to say...) no idea what it means... Flying too low? Fly lower?

Someone else experienced this too?

1014975202_Approachingcrewinwater-1.thumb.jpg.885b5ac4900252c17bd166f5c2b4bcee.jpg

1467708293_Approachingcrewinwater-2.thumb.jpg.f7db6a337b2c48c208d4d7793043f796.jpg

1625296811_Crewretrievedfromwater-3.thumb.jpg.ce03eb644745ae9fa03c0e07d5a70a2a.jpg

ASUS Sabertooth X79 TUF Motherboard / Intel Core i7-3930K Unlocked Processor Six Core / Corsair CMP32GX3M4X1600C10 Dominator Memory Kit - 32GB (4x 8GB) / OCZ Solid 3 480GB Solid State Drive / EVGA GeForce GTX 670 FTW+ / Corsair CW-9060002-WW Hydro H70 CORE CPU Cooler / Seagate ST1000DM003 1TB Hard Drive / BenQ XL2420TX 24" Widescreen LED Gaming Monitor - 1920 x 1080 / Windows 7 Ultimate Edition, 64-bit / C-Tek 12-bit: Foot Pedals - Robinson Cyclic - 5-button-hat cyclic - Collective / TrackIR-5

If I remember correctly, the crew chief only calls out directions if you are at pick up altitude. Otherwise if you are too high he will indeed only call "below". To keep it simple I used some stock DCS sound files, so these were simply the terms that matched best.

For pickup you have to be almost on the surface, since it is assumed that a crewman tries to pull out the survivor crom the skid.

• 10 months later...

Is there an extract of the actual script anywhere? When I look in the DO SCRIPT box, I can see the script, but if you scroll to the bottom, you don't get the whole thing back out...

it ends at line 175 when I copy and paste it into notepad++ and clearly is not the full script.. can someone post a lua file?

Yeah it got limited for some reason. So any script that wants to do anything cool pretty much has to be a script file now.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Nevermind, opend the mission file in notepad ++ and and walla - alll intact.

except now I actually can't get it to do anything in my own mission... do I have the entire script extracted from the mission file correctly? (attached)..

I put it in a do script file instead, but it appears to do nothing. No errors, no ship, no messages..

AbandonShip.lua

• 1 year later...

Mi-8_UH-1_co6_AbandonShip_day

If I remember correctly, the crew chief only calls out directions if you are at pick up altitude. Otherwise if you are too high he will indeed only call "below". To keep it simple I used some stock DCS sound files, so these were simply the terms that matched best.

For pickup you have to be almost on the surface, since it is assumed that a crewman tries to pull out the survivor from the skid.

Corrected these missions to work with DCSW v1.5x, seems to still work sort of, but as I have never played it before, not quite sure what I am supposed to do.

I have picked up off the rear of the boat and placed them back at the airfield apron, no problems, haven't tested the front of the boat yet.

But when trying to hover over a guy in the water, can't seem to stay in position for long enough to pick him out of water, I'm guessing you have to stay spot on for 4-6 seconds, what is the area zone size you have to stay in ???.

The standard hover height is 0-4 feet, changed the height to 0-15 feet in copy of mission to make it a little easier for me, and the crew chief barks out directions and distance, but I still haven't managed to get one, just wondering if I am doing something wrong (just suck at hovering maybe)or mission is actually broken (It doesn't seem to be though as it is doing all the other stuff correctly).

Anyway, thanks for a great mission, will continue to practice.

Attached patched missions if anyone else wants to give it a try and let me know if it is working as expected.

Regards, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

• 7 months later...

First off - great mission, MBot - flew SP with Huey. Like MadDog, I picked up from the aft deck and got 11 men back to base. Not gone further - yet, still practicing.

Can I ask a Noob question: does setting trigger.action.explosion events on the frigate automatically modify the visible model to show damage? I've noticed that crashing the Huey on the aft deck pad produces charring on the deck surface after the smoke has cleared.

As you can tell, I'm quite new to the functionality of DCS!

Cheers - Dai.

I am glad to hear you are having fun with the mission.

The shown damage of the ship is directly tied to the damage status of the ship. So the explosion trigger serves to damage the ship just enough to look mauled while not yet sinking it. If you crash a couple of helos into it you might even bring if over the edge and actually sinking it.

Hey I am so glad this is resurrected. Great mission, now I can fly it with the rift:thumbup:

Picked up troops out the water. 2 foot hover but its hard to judge movement without a fixed point. Great fun and thanks for fixing it

Edited by Cibit

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]