DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

Home Fries

DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs  

19 members have voted

1. 1. DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

• Keep DH/DT with Hdg Hold and BA/RA with Alt Hold (keep apples with apples)
    • Map BA/RA with Hdg Hold and DH/DTwith Alt Hold (like actual panel switches)

I'm just getting started with DCS and trying to fly the P-51. I need some guidance with setting up a Cougar to work with this sim. Is there a profile ready made?

Hello,

I've been using my own profile for a while, give it a try to see if it meets your needs ... or you can modify it to your liking:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/2471053/

DCS_P51D_Rudel.jpg

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

HomeFries

I need a little help with my F86 profile. I am trying to use both TS3 and VAC. I have set VAC for the middle mouse button and TS3 for scroll lock. My problem is setting up your comms for my WH mic button. I note that setting VAC to "0" enables the mm button, but then you state "Not compatible with TS3 Radio."

My goal is to be able to use the mic switch for both VAC and TS3 and I cannot seem to do this.

My settings are as follows:

int VAC = 0 ;

int TS3_Radio = 0 ;

int TS3_Radio_PTT_Common = 0

TS3_ExtRadio_Keys = 0

int TS3_DX = 0 ;

// Communications Routine Options

int CommStateAllow = 1

This area of your profile is a little complex, especially with the sentence "Not compatible with TS3 Radio."

Edited by sobe
typo

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

sobe,

Just for history, the TS3_Radio value used to be called "TARS" after the first TS3 plug-in that used in-game radio frequencies to segregate comms. After the releases of Aries, Tacno, and most recently SRS, I changed the name from TARS to TS3_Radio so people wouldn't think the feature was exclusive to TARS.

What this means is that VAC is compatible with Teamspeak 3, but not with any radio-specific solutions like SimpleRadio Standalone. Reason is that there are too many keys needed for selecting radios in the radio mods, and there isn't enough room on the mic switch to do both SRS and VAC.

If you have any suggestions for how to better implement VAC, I'm all ears. Until you posted this, I was thinking about deprecating the feature, as I haven't used it, haven't tested it in a while, and nobody until now has asked about it.

Homefries

I would like to be able to use the mic 5 way hat for both TS3 and VAC as I do not currently use any of the other radio-specific solutions-only the general Teamspeak3 for comms and VAC for voice commands. So I guess my question is: how can I manage your profile to continue to use TS3 (with scroll lock) and also use one of the mic buttons for VAC (mmb). I cannot seem to get that to work and I have to use my right hand to press the mm Button, something that I do not want to do.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Since you don't use any of the radio solutions, leave TS3_Radio = 0 and set VAC = 1. You should have no problems, though I would appreciate any bug reports as I haven't tested the feature in a while.

For future builds, since the Warthog mic switch has five positions, I could set the "press" position to VAC and leave the others as is. When I first wrote the routine it was for the Cougar, which only has 4 positions on its comm switch.

I set TS3_Radio = 0 and set VAC = 1 and while TS3 works, I cannot get the mic switch to work with VAC. What button on the mic switch is supposed to do that? BTW, I have always found the press button on the mic switch very tricky to press as many times, the button wants to go to the side and press one of the other 4 buttons. But that might be the best way to do it.

What button on the mic switch is supposed to do that?

S3+MSD should work for the VAC switch. Sorry; I never put that into the manual. I'll fix it for next version.

BTW, I have always found the press button on the mic switch very tricky to press as many times, the button wants to go to the side and press one of the other 4 buttons. But that might be the best way to do it.

I have noticed that; every activation of the mic switch in a direction first checks to see if the mic switch is already pressed, in order to prevent what you just indicated.

Homefries

Sorry to be a bother, but S3+MSD for the VAC switch only produces a yellow circle in the VAC testing GUI. When I actually press the MMB, the circle is green. Only when the circle is green does VAC work. Also, I tried it in the game with the same result.

Edited by sobe
last sentence

Homefries

This is not a bug report on the Viggen, rather it is more of a comfort request. I find it very uncomfortable/difficult to hold down the RB-o5A button while pulling the trigger to stage one and aligning the radar cursor with the slew controls. Therefore, I am requesting that you either swap or give us the option to swap the RB-O5A button with EITHER the shift button or the paddle. It would seem to me that you could easily swap the RB button with the Reference button. Please think about this. Thanks.

Sobe,

Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately, S3 and S4 are mainly global assignments and therefore it's not as easy as a simple substitution. I could conceivably replace S4's autopilot disconnect with the Rb-05 modifier and assign S5 to the A/P disconnect, though this would deviate from the Viggen's physical stick layout. However, if it needs to be done it needs to be done.

I assigned S5 to the modifier because I believed that people flying the Rb-05 into the target would be too busy to do anything else. In actuality, the Rb-05 controller is on the right, so the pilot would need to hold the main stick in the left hand or be on autopilot while controlling the missile. So my question is at what point do you need to take a radar fix while manually guiding a missile in to the target? I can't think of a need, but that doesn't mean there isn't a need. If you can provide me a need for the function, I'll be happy to switch S4 and S5.

Homefries

I have been flying John's Rb-05 mission several times and I am now getting a little comfortable with your setup. However, I still find it awkward with the S5/trigger setup while trying to reset the target way point. Its getting to the point that I can live with the current setup. Again however, if you could offer a switch to users changing the S4 and S5 as an option without having to pull your hair out in doing so, I would appreciate it. Then again, perhaps it is a little too early to play around with your profile. It is up to you if you have the spare time.

Sobe,

It's not a matter of living with it; I can make the change. I would just like to know how you use both at the same time so I can figure out how to make the most effective change, since I can't picture both updating a target waypoint and steering a Rb-05. I can see doing them in sequence, but once the Rb-05 is off the rail and being visually steered, what's the point of updating the target waypoint with the radar?

Homefries

I think that I may have misled you. I was discussing the RB-05A control modifier button and using that button with the RB-04E anti-ship missile and not the RB-05E radio controlled missile. Too many RB's. So my issue is not controlling the RB-05E missile while in flight, but just setting up a target waypoint in the flight plan while in the air. Sorry for any confusion.

• 3 weeks later...
HomeFries

When you look at the F86 issue I have above, would you also look at CHF+S3 short. This does not seem to advance the throttle at startup. In game, this command seems to refer to another command. For know, I am just using the HOME key.

I couldn't duplicate this error. I confirmed that engine start is activated with HOME and with Joy_Btn30+Home as well.

Also, the canopy button seems to work fine without using the S3 despite the fact that it is colored green lowercase.

It should work with either S3+LOSB19 or LOSB19 long. I'll update the HiVis graphic.

Finally, the CHF + S3 still does not work properly.

For warthog users, the LMFD BRT only does the anti-ice switch, and the 3-position autopilot switch controls the landing lights. I will clarify this in the manual.

Homefries

It appears that in your F86 profile the H2 up and down buttons and the China Hat both adjust the Rocket Depr Angle. If so, how can I change the H2 commands to implement Rocket Intervalonmeter CCW and CW (LAlt+ LCtl+[ and ]?

Thanks for the great idea! I've added it to the China Hat for the upcoming build. Don't worry; you shouldn't have to wait very long. ;)

Homefries

Glad I could help you with some ideas. Now using your Viggen profile, but am waiting until the module itself matures a little more before I flood you with comments.

Hey there. I am new to this TARGET malarkey, and have up until now just mapped the controls to my Warthog in-game. But after several re-installs and the addition of VR has compelled me to try and use something a lot less fiddly. So, right now I'm trying the initial setup.

I am using TM HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, and Oculus Rift.

Have a question re the 'Default Initial Configuration' step (Page 9 of the setup guide.) The Selection Options title states 'The first thing you need to do is input the full path where you extracted these files. This is new in 1.60 and is a requirement for the new audial feature that is now part of aircraft selection. Where it says alias ScriptPath =, insert your path in quotes, including the drive letter.'

What file, or folder is it referring to here? Where should this path be pointing? I've looked for an 'Alias' file, to no avail. Is it referring to the aircraft profiles? Some sound files, or what?

Thanks for your help :)

Thanks for the great profile. I can just assume how much work you put into this. Respect. I am quite new to it. Was testing it out a few weeks ago solely with the F-15 and it worked great.

Now I bought the Mirage and I have some problems. First my setup: I use a Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar with throttle and TrackIR. Everything is set up correctly, the 30,31,32 modifier set and the lua files imported. Now when I use the Antenna for FOV and Zoom the camera starts to bounce in and out a little bit. When I zoom out max. it stops. Also when I reset to the standard zoom/fov. Strangely enough when I press and hold the S3 button the jitter stops as well.

When I switch to the F-15 where you have to press the S3 button and move the antenna to zoom, it is the other way round. I press S3 and move the antenna, adjust the fov, then release S3 and it doesn't jitter. When I press the S3 button the camera starts to shake. This is no problem with the F-15, as it just happens when the S3 button is pressed, but it's annoying when flying the Mirage as it jitters all the time. Any idea what the problem is?

I just uploaded a video showing the problem:

How can I change the config for the M2000 Zoom View so that I have to press and hold S3 and move the antenna? Just like in the F-15? At the same time remove th zoom view from the antenna without any modifier button pressed?

Cheers,

Moreno

Edited by Moreno

Have a question re the 'Default Initial Configuration' step (Page 9 of the setup guide.) The Selection Options title states 'The first thing you need to do is input the full path where you extracted these files. This is new in 1.60 and is a requirement for the new audial feature that is now part of aircraft selection. Where it says alias ScriptPath =, insert your path in quotes, including the drive letter.'

What file, or folder is it referring to here? Where should this path be pointing? I've looked for an 'Alias' file, to no avail. Is it referring to the aircraft profiles? Some sound files, or what?

Thanks for your help :)

Hi Zadren, this is the path to the folder in which the DCS World.tmc file resides. As it says in the manual. I extracted the downloaded ZIP with the profiles, PDFs and subfolders to a folder called "HOTAS Cougar Target Profiles" and inserted the path to it into the TMC file... Mind the double backslashes.

"E:\\Games\\DCS\\HOTAS Cougar Target Profiles"

Hope that helped.

Best,

Moreno

Edited by Moreno

Thanks for the great profile. I can just assume how much work you put into this. Respect. I am quite new to it. Was testing it out a few weeks ago solely with the F-15 and it worked great.

Now I bought the Mirage and I have some problems. First my setup: I use a Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar with throttle and TrackIR. Everything is set up correctly, the 30,31,32 modifier set and the lua files imported. Now when I use the Antenna for FOV and Zoom the camera starts to bounce in and out a little bit. When I zoom out max. it stops. Also when I reset to the standard zoom/fov. Strangely enough when I press and hold the S3 button the jitter stops as well.

When I switch to the F-15 where you have to press the S3 button and move the antenna to zoom, it is the other way round. I press S3 and move the antenna, adjust the fov, then release S3 and it doesn't jitter. When I press the S3 button the camera starts to shake. This is no problem with the F-15, as it just happens when the S3 button is pressed, but it's annoying when flying the Mirage as it jitters all the time. Any idea what the problem is?

I just uploaded a video showing the problem:

How can I change the config for the M2000 Zoom View so that I have to press and hold S3 and move the antenna? Just like in the F-15? At the same time remove th zoom view from the antenna without any modifier button pressed?

Cheers,

Moreno

I'm swamped right now, but I'll take a look at this probably next week. I just didn't want your post to remain unanswered.

FIFY :D

Hi Zadren, this is the path to the folder in which the DCS World.tmc file resides. As it says in the manual. I extracted the downloaded ZIP with the profiles, PDFs and subfolders to a folder called "HOTAS Cougar Target Profiles" and inserted the path to it into the TMC file... Mind the double backslashes.

Hope that helped.

Best,

Moreno

Thank you, I had it pointing elsewhere. :doh:

I've been struggling with DCS crashing with the script running, and and some erratic behaviour from my controls. It's left me wondering what else I may have done wrong...

Thank you, I had it pointing elsewhere. :doh:

I've been struggling with DCS crashing with the script running, and and some erratic behaviour from my controls. It's left me wondering what else I may have done wrong...

Many times, the profile crashes are due to the LEDs, and in particular LEDs activating or deactivating at the same time. This is an issue with the Thrustmaster FAST service (which sometimes just crashes on its own :cry:). I have put delays into the LED routines to minimize this, but it might help if you can tell me when the script crashes (e.g. changing landing gear state, changing profiles, selecting profiles using the rocker switches, which profile, etc.).

I also recommend using the latest MFD drivers. I found to have fewer crashes with those installed.

I'm swamped right now, but I'll take a look at this probably next week. I just didn't want your post to remain unanswered.

FIFY :D

I just checked if TrackIR is the problem. I unplugged it but it's still shaky. I would really appreciate if you could send me a quick tutorial how to map the antenna the way it is done with the F-15. So that Ant Elev is standard and FOV Zoom is on /I shifted mode (S3 pressed). Maybe it's a good idea to implement it into your profile, then it's consistent.

Best,

Moreno

Looks like the download link is down until the 1st. Would anyone be so kind as to share the 1.68 file with me directly (dropbox etc.)? I have today and tomorrow available, then out of town next week at the start of the new month. Would appreciate being able to put some time into setting this up today! :)