DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

Home Fries

DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs  

19 members have voted

1. 1. DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

• Keep DH/DT with Hdg Hold and BA/RA with Alt Hold (keep apples with apples)
    • Map BA/RA with Hdg Hold and DH/DTwith Alt Hold (like actual panel switches)

Profile changing doesn't seem to work, when I push S3+LOSB1 TEMPO, it will enter the profile selection mode and I can select profile but pressing S2 to select profile just says profile is selected but doesn't exit the profile selection mode anymore

Looks like I may have trimmed a bit too much from the tree. :doh:

I've uploaded 2.50b alpha 2. Again, just extract to your CTS folder. If you haven't yet patched to 2.50a, be sure to do so first.

EDIT: 2.50b now available via the CTS Updater.

Edited by Home Fries

Profile changing works again with alpha 2

About A-10C II throttles, it looks like they have to be cycled once to idle regardless of PULSE time. I believe it is a Cold Start bug on A-10C II and will report that to ED after I confirm the process to repeat

EDIT: Looks like if throttles are in cutoff position, you cannot use keyboard commands either

Edited by Jalava

About SnapViews, I noticed that at least on A-10C, SnapViews.lua only works if cockpit_version=1 is set, otherwise it will ignore the snapview settings.

Commentary on provided snapviews in general: They are bit too zoomed in for 32:9 (FOV has to be double a bit larger for similar vertical view vs 16:9 screen I believe) and at some point it could be useful to have better suited snapviews for 32:9 screens as own pack.

About SnapViews, I noticed that at least on A-10C, SnapViews.lua only works if cockpit_version=1 is set, otherwise it will ignore the snapview settings.

Commentary on provided snapviews in general: They are bit too zoomed in for 32:9 (FOV has to be double a bit larger for similar vertical view vs 16:9 screen I believe) and at some point it could be useful to have better suited snapviews for 32:9 screens as own pack.

Good to know. I don't understand what cockpit_version is for, but I can definitely update the values for the next version.

Since I have 16:9, I can really only do SnapViews for 16:9. Is it fair to say that at least for boresight, the only thing that needs to be changed is FOV? If so, what is a good default FOV? Also, if you could provide 32:9 SnapViews I would put them in and give you credit.

If you double each FOV number, you get same vertical angle and views look similar to how they look on 16:9 with just stuff added to sides. Just tested that and I think it works pretty well.

See attached screenshots.

CDU.thumb.jpg.7537f9aef6abd793fdffb8670cd1de3e.jpg

CMSP.thumb.jpg.f8e45f13aedeccd2d0d2d7af54c7ad29.jpg

Left_console.thumb.jpg.2e9f1ab5be813b3385ec4938cf8c472b.jpg

Right_console.thumb.jpg.f26024a420909a6a19f9241b0ccb4258.jpg

With out changing FOV, for example you can only see the keyboard of CDU but nothing else.

I think this provides a quick solution to 32:9 users. It may seem initially they are distorted, but when in snapview, you only want important stuff in the middle and don't want to turn your head to sides anyway.

As I use TrackIr, I'm not sure if Boresight or TriggerZoom can actually be triggered at all as I don't seem to get any changes when trying to modify FOV on "Default view" and cannot activate TriggerZoom via S3+TG1

My current snapviews for A-10C_2, just roughly doubled the FOVs, I think you can automate that in your build scripts.

SnapViews["A-10C_2"] = {
[1] = {-- player slot 1
[1] = {--LWin + Num0 : Snap View 0
	viewAngle = 130.000000,--FOV
	hAngle	 = 0.000000,
	vAngle	 = -26.000000,
	x_trans	 = 0.000000,
	y_trans	 = 0.000000,
	z_trans	 = 0.000000,
	rollAngle = 0.000000,
	cockpit_version	= 1,
},
[2] = {--LWin + Num1 : Snap View 1
	viewAngle = 126.740002,--FOV
	hAngle	 = 70.197182,
	vAngle	 = -58.828632,
	x_trans	 = 0.126559,
	y_trans	 = -0.052729,
	z_trans	 = -0.071945,
	rollAngle = 0.000000,
	cockpit_version	= 1,
},
[3] = {--LWin + Num2 : Snap View 2
	viewAngle = 102.796501,--FOV
	hAngle	 = -59.177437,
	vAngle	 = -62.901718,
	x_trans	 = 0.088538,
	y_trans	 = 0.036120,
	z_trans	 = 0.059352,
	rollAngle = 0.000000,
	cockpit_version	= 1,
},
[4] = {--LWin + Num3 : Snap View 3
	viewAngle = 64.296501,--FOV
	hAngle	 = 0.000000,
	vAngle	 = -80.000000,
	x_trans	 = 0.183838,
	y_trans	 = 0.014481,
	z_trans	 = 0.250000,
	rollAngle = 0.000000,
	cockpit_version	= 1,
},
[5] = {--LWin + Num4 : Snap View 4
	viewAngle = 152.511101,--FOV
	hAngle	 = 0.000000,
	vAngle	 = -23.000000,
	x_trans	 = 0.402969,
	y_trans	 = -0.256181,
	z_trans	 = -0.117188,
	rollAngle = 0.000000,
	cockpit_version	= 1,
},
[6] = {--LWin + Num5 : Snap View 5
	viewAngle = 164.227150,--FOV
	hAngle	 = 0.000000,
	vAngle	 = -21.213251,
	x_trans	 = 0.351388,
	y_trans	 = -0.259055,
	z_trans	 = -0.001991,
	rollAngle = 0.000000,
	cockpit_version	= 1,
},
[7] = {--LWin + Num6 : Snap View 6
	viewAngle = 156.674400,--FOV
	hAngle	 = 0.000000,
	vAngle	 = -26.371302,
	x_trans	 = 0.402969,
	y_trans	 = -0.264311,
	z_trans	 = 0.122662,
	rollAngle = 0.000000,
	cockpit_version	= 1,
},
[8] = {--LWin + Num7 : Snap View 7
	viewAngle = 136.982597,--FOV
	hAngle	 = 0.000000,
	vAngle	 = -62.194908,
	x_trans	 = 0.237730,
	y_trans	 = -0.300000,
	z_trans	 = -0.250000,
	rollAngle = 0.000000,
	cockpit_version	= 1,
},
[9] = {--LWin + Num8 : Snap View 8
	viewAngle = 144.182503,--FOV
	hAngle	 = 0.000000,
	vAngle	 = -0.220625,
	x_trans	 = 0.360000,
	y_trans	 = -0.041337,
	z_trans	 = 0.000000,
	rollAngle = 0.000000,
	cockpit_version	= 1,
},
[10] = {--LWin + Num9 : Snap View 9
	viewAngle = 136.982597,--FOV
	hAngle	 = -1.941612,
	vAngle	 = -67.146278,
	x_trans	 = 0.396876,
	y_trans	 = -0.300000,
	z_trans	 = 0.250000,
	rollAngle = 0.000000,
	cockpit_version	= 1,
},
[11] = {--look at left  mirror
	viewAngle = 140.000000,--FOV
	hAngle	 = 20.000000,
	vAngle	 = 8.000000,
	x_trans	 = 0.360000,
	y_trans	 = -0.041337,
	z_trans	 = 0.000000,
	rollAngle = 0.000000,
	cockpit_version	= 1,
},
[12] = {--look at right mirror
	viewAngle = 140.000000,--FOV
	hAngle	 = -20.000000,
	vAngle	 = 8.000000,
	x_trans	 = 0.360000,
	y_trans	 = -0.041337,
	z_trans	 = 0.000000,
	rollAngle = 0.000000,
	cockpit_version	= 1,
},
[13] = {--default view			
	viewAngle		= 150.000000,--FOV
	hAngle			= 0.000000,
	vAngle			= -19.000000,
	x_trans			= 0.157000,
	y_trans			= -0.008000,
	z_trans			= 0.000000,
	rollAngle		= 0.000000,
	cockpit_version	= 1, 
},
[14] = {--default view - VR
	viewAngle		= 150.000000,--FOV
	hAngle			= 0.000000,
	vAngle			= -19.000000,
	x_trans			= 0.157000,
	y_trans			= -0.008000,
	z_trans			= 0.000000,
	rollAngle		= 0.000000,
	cockpit_version	= 0,
},
},
}

EDIT: Disregard FOV for VR, I don't know how that works but I'd guess it doesn't need doubling as it works differently.

Edited by Jalava

Thanks for that.

Doubling the FOV looks like a plan for forward/default views, and this is a good workaround for the specific views as well. I would love to include some "tweaked" specific views as well, e.g. zooming in to the left/right instrument panels to get a higher resolution view.

For triggerzoom, it's actually a two-step process. First, when the logical gearstate is up (i.e. TARGET thinks the gear is retracted), press S3+TG1 to enable TriggerZoom. Then holding TG1 will cause the view to zoom in for as long as TG1 is held. S3+TG1 again disables TriggerZoom. Of course, you can always just use the FOV Zoom on the Warthog throttle friction knob to test the view as well.

And here's the latest text I put into the documentation:

Because the script author uses a 1920x1080 display, all SnapViews are optimized for the 16:9 aspect ratio. For people with wider displays or multi-monitor setups, the SnapViews can be maintained simply by increasing the viewAngle value in each SnapView (and default view) so that the Field of View (FOV) is proportional to the desired aspect ratio using the following equation:

viewAngle = old viewAngle * Monitor Aspect Ratio * 0.5625

(Note: 0.5625 is the same as dividing by 16/9)

For example, if using a monitor with 3440x1440 resolution, the calculation for an 85 degree FOV would be as follows:

viewAngle = 85 * (3440/1440) * 0.5625

viewAngle = 85 * 2.39 * 0.5625

viewAngle = 114.271875

Note that as a rule of thumb, viewAngle must only be increased, and not decreased. SnapViews are intended to maximize the zoom of a desired display or console while still getting all relevant information onscreen. Decreasing viewAngle from the default value is likely to chop a desired section of the SnapView. Similarly, any calculated viewAngle should be rounded up for the same reason.

Since adjusting amost every viewAngle in SnapViews.lua is an exhaustive process, it is recommended to back up SnapViews.lua and make manual edits when SnapViews are updated in CTS. Check the SnapViews row in the Module Version Table after each CTS update to see if there are any changes to the SnapViews witth the latest version. Then use a text editor like Notepad++ with the Compare plugin to see what has changed between the existing SnapViews.lua and the updated SnapViews.lua.

Edited by Home Fries

F-16 NWS/MSTP does not work for me on latest. Have to assign it manually. Thanks!

I had no trouble with it. Please let me know what HOTAS you're using, your head-tracking (e.g. POV, TrackIR, VR), and if VR, whether you default hat1 to trim or mouse.

If you use VR, S1 should map to VR Zoom and S3+S1 does NWS.

Is there anything I can do to convince you to continue with with S3+H4U/D as the standard VR zoom for 3.0? :cry:

Personally, I've been remapping S1 back to normal in the last few updates, and going with the above as my default (or S3+CSU/D depending on module, eg Viper). It works for now, but am concerned 3.0 might change all this...

Win10 Pro | i7-9700K @5.0GHz | 2080 Super @2160MHz | 32GB DDR4 3600 | DCS on 1TB M.2 NVME | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswinds V2 | HP Reverb | Huion 640P | Jetpad FSE | PointCTRL

Is there anything I can do to convince you to continue with with S3+H4U/D as the standard VR zoom for 3.0? :cry:

I've been running a trial balloon with S1 for a few aircraft and it seems to be working well. Default S1 functions very rarely require a lot of manipulation or sustained hold, so they tend to work well as S3+S1. This allows S1 to be used for VR Zoom. The functionality just seems to work well. Unshifted functionality makes it easier to keep the zoom on without compromising other HOTAS commands. Additionally, the thumb is still free, allowing you to use the mouse commands if you set VR Trim to 0.

S3+H4 is not a "standard" I came up with; all I have been doing is replacing SnapViews with VR commands, whereas S1 should become a de facto standard. SnapViews will continue to be replaced by VR commands and Rudder Trim as required.

Since I don't use VR, I depend on people who do. If you can give me a compelling reason to keep the views on S3+ a hat switch, I'm happy to consider it.

Edited by Home Fries

I've been running a trial balloon with S1 for a few aircraft and it seems to be working well. Default S1 functions very rarely require a lot of manipulation or sustained hold, so they tend to work well as S3+S1. This allows S1 to be used for VR Zoom. The functionality just seems to work well. Unshifted functionality makes it easier to keep the zoom on without compromising other HOTAS commands. Additionally, the thumb is still free, allowing you to use the mouse commands if you set VR Trim to 0.

S3+H4 is not a "standard" I came up with; all I have been doing is replacing SnapViews with VR commands, whereas S1 should become a de facto standard. SnapViews will continue to be replaced by VR commands and Rudder Trim as required.

Since I don't use VR, I depend on people who do. If you can give me a compelling reason to keep the views on S3+ a hat switch, I'm happy to consider it.

S1 doesn't easily allow for zoom during/just before pulling the trigger. Often some zoom is needed when using the gun to see what you're shooting at (especially ground targets) even on a monitor, let alone VR. Thumb is already on/near H4, so quickly using zoom, even momentarily, is easy as can be, and trigger finger stays where it is ready past the first detent.

I understand that this is similar to the VR trim 0 mouse issue though, and may be an individual case. Personally, I've never used the trim hat mouse or zoom options; both are/were too unwieldy for me.

Secondly, and this is entriely an opinion; I believe if something is mapped to a hotas is the real jet, then it is an important control, and should be accessible without a shifted function whenever possible. It's true they don't usually require much manipulation or sustained hold, but having say, the MSL step button on the Viper actually step stations or change between fox2 and fox3s in DGFT mode, often under a stressful situation, is important without the extra step. This is also why VR Trim is set non-shifted for me; trim is very important and constant on some planes.

Thirdly, and this is the single most important reason, which isn't an opinion; a hat allows both VR and Spyglass zoom to be used independently. Having both levels accessible is essential for inside and outside cockpit. S1 alone is not sufficient.

Using a single hat for both vr zooms as well as rudder trim, as is the case on the Jeff and Hornet (and as I've modded onto other modules) keeps things easily accessible and neatly contained also.

Win10 Pro | i7-9700K @5.0GHz | 2080 Super @2160MHz | 32GB DDR4 3600 | DCS on 1TB M.2 NVME | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswinds V2 | HP Reverb | Huion 640P | Jetpad FSE | PointCTRL

S1 doesn't easily allow for zoom during/just before pulling the trigger. Often some zoom is needed when using the gun to see what you're shooting at (especially ground targets) even on a monitor, let alone VR. Thumb is already on/near H4, so quickly using zoom, even momentarily, is easy as can be, and trigger finger stays where it is ready past the first detent.

<...>

Thirdly, and this is the single most important reason, which isn't an opinion; a hat allows both VR and Spyglass zoom to be used independently. Having both levels accessible is essential for inside and outside cockpit. S1 alone is not sufficient.

If you enable TriggerZoom on supported aircraft, you get this with trigger stage 1. Also, putting it on S1 will not remove it from substitute SnapViews. This also applies to Spyglass whenever possible.

EDIT: here's an idea I may be able to implement for Warthog users. Currently, the Cougar landing gear/flaps are near-globally set to S3+H3U/D. This could be reserved for VR Zoom and Spyglass Zoom in lieu of any shifted functionality.

Secondly, and this is entriely an opinion; I believe if something is mapped to a hotas is the real jet, then it is an important control, and should be accessible without a shifted function whenever possible. It's true they don't usually require much manipulation or sustained hold, but having say, the MSL step button on the Viper actually step stations or change between fox2 and fox3s in DGFT mode, often under a stressful situation, is important without the extra step. This is also why VR Trim is set non-shifted for me; trim is very important and constant on some planes.

I agree with you in principle, but the nature of the modified view means that holding the zoom (currently if you double-tap S1 you get zoom held in place) if shifted would continue to screw up the rest of the HOTAS mapping. To keep it simple and functional it needs to remain unshifted, which is why I chose S1.

I understand that this is similar to the VR trim 0 mouse issue though, and may be an individual case. Personally, I've never used the trim hat mouse or zoom options; both are/were too unwieldy for me.

<...>

Using a single hat for both vr zooms as well as rudder trim, as is the case on the Jeff and Hornet (and as I've modded onto other modules) keeps things easily accessible and neatly contained also.

I originally put in the mouse commands on request by VR users. I get where you're coming from, and in the future I can put in a VR Trim = 2 option that sets the shifted Hat1 to be like TrackIR without padlock (e.g. rudder trim or station changes).

Edited by Home Fries

If you enable TriggerZoom on supported aircraft, you get this with trigger stage 1. Also, putting it on S1 will not remove it from substitute SnapViews. This also applies to Spyglass whenever possible.

EDIT: here's an idea I may be able to implement for Warthog users. Currently, the Cougar landing gear/flaps are near-globally set to S3+H3U/D. This could be reserved for VR Zoom and Spyglass Zoom in lieu of any shifted functionality.

I don't think trigger zoom works in vr, does it? At least I haven't been able to get it working in the past..

A global option for both zooms would be the absolute ideal, hence why I suggested H4 as it already works so perfectly in some modules. I can't stress enough how much both levels are essential to us. The way I have my UI layer bound, S3+H3U/D ends up being being used for both zoom options in the C-101 anyway. It isn't the most comfortable to reach for, but would certainly welcomed as a global binding if you could swing it.

I did think for a moment vr zoom on 1st stage trigger and spyglass on S1 could work as another global option, but you wouldn't always want zoom at the first detent (eg Viper lasing, F-5 gun port doors, or every single guns shot), and having to fiddle with toggling trigger zoom on or off (as the only option for that level of zoom) wouldn't be ideal either.

I agree with you in principle, but the nature of the modified view means that holding the zoom (currently if you double-tap S1 you get zoom held in place) if shifted would continue to screw up the rest of the HOTAS mapping. To keep it simple and functional it needs to remain unshifted, which is why I chose S1.

That's absolutlely fair, I can see exactly why you've set it as such, and why you're trying to stay away from shifted commands for it. Do you get many vr users asking for hold? (genuine question, not trying to be facetious) Personally, I have a very strong stomach for vr, and yet anything but a momentary binding that I could release in an instant for zoom could make me vr sick. It's why I never could use the trim hat zoom, aside from the binding being clunky to use for me.

I originally put in the mouse commands on request by VR users. I get where you're coming from, and in the future I can put in a VR Trim = 2 option that sets the shifted Hat1 to be like TrackIR without padlock (e.g. rudder trim or station changes).

Again, that's fair. Any consideration for us vr users is appreciated, and apologies if I'm causing you any headaches trying work this around; your profile is the reason I'm into DCS, I don't think I'd be able to set or remember anything if I were left to my own devices. I put off flying the sim for the longest time because the complications of binding everything daunted me (didn't know what half the stuff was even for).

Flaps for Mig-21 on TM Warthog?

Hi and thank you for this great tool and the hard work behind it!

Maybe I don't fully understand this yet, but it seems as if there is no switch on the TM Warthog that sets the flaps to the 0 / 25 / 45 deflection? At least I'm not seeing it in the Profile JPG for the Mig-21.

Am I missing something here?

thanks,

H.

Hi and thank you for this great tool and the hard work behind it!

Maybe I don't fully understand this yet, but it seems as if there is no switch on the TM Warthog that sets the flaps to the 0 / 25 / 45 deflection? At least I'm not seeing it in the Profile JPG for the Mig-21.

Am I missing something here?

thanks,

H.

It's specific to the MFDs (3 buttons on the LMFD to match the 3 buttons on the left console in the jet). The flap switch is set for the 3 stage landing gear, as is my convention in similar Russian jets.

It's specific to the MFDs (3 buttons on the LMFD to match the 3 buttons on the left console in the jet). The flap switch is set for the 3 stage landing gear, as is my convention in similar Russian jets.

Ah, thank you. So, unless I have two MFDs (which I don't), the functionality mapped to these won't be available on the Warthog Joystick/Throttle, correct? That is, unless I mess around in the scripts themselves, which I don't plan to do .

thanks,

H.

• 3 weeks later...

2.51 is up.

Change Log:

• Removed numerous Script_Debug checkpoints to free stack space.
  • Mi-8/UH-1: Fixed comms routine and improved VAICOM/SRS integration
  • Mi-8: Updated comm switch functionality
  • JF-17: Added AAR Lights to Warthog and Master Caution to Warthog/RMFD
  • AV-8B: Minor button fixes
  • P-47D: Multiple minor improvements for D-40

File Updates:

Diff Luas: Spitfire, Mi-8, JF-17, AV-8B, P-47D, A-10C

Snapviews (both classic and boresight)

Custom Luas: AV-8B

I updated to 2.51 and in UH-1H JOY_BTN20 is assigned to "Decrease Turbine RPM" but on the same time is assigned to TX1 in Voice Attack.

I see you mention above about improved Vaicom/SRS integration, any more info on that?

It looks like that mic switch has more functionality now which is great for SRS/Vaicom/Discord etc. Is this what you meant?