DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

Home Fries

DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs  

19 members have voted

1. 1. DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

• Keep DH/DT with Hdg Hold and BA/RA with Alt Hold (keep apples with apples)
    • Map BA/RA with Hdg Hold and DH/DTwith Alt Hold (like actual panel switches)

Hi,

I hope you guys don't mind a question from a newbi... I just downloaded CTS and am trying to get it to work for DCS with my setup.

I use a Warthog joystick "base" where I mounted the stick from a Cougar hotas. For the throttle I use a TQS connected to the electronics from the Cougar hotas which I put in a smaller case. For Pedals I use the Thrustmaster TFRP flight pedals. So " separate connections to the pc; The stick (on the Warthog base), the tqs throttle (which is seen as a Cougar hotas), and the rudder pedals. Before anyone asks why I put the Cougar stick on the Warthog base... It's because the Cougar had defective pots, which are very hard to find where I live.

I'm using a VR headset.

So my questions are as follows:

- Do I select the Warthog for the stick in CTS?

- Cougar TQS for throttle in TQS?

- Aside for the VR setting, any other settings that are important in CTS for my specific setup?

In DCS I load:

- the Keyboard LUA for the F16 Sim profile into "Keyboard"

- the F16 profile for the Warthog in the virtual joystick driver from the TARGET system

- Cougar LUA for the TGS in the Cougar Hotas in DCS

Is this correct? It seems to me that a lot of functions don't work for me, like opening and closing the canopy when on the ground,...

Does anyone have Any Idea  what I could be doing wrong?

Thanks,

David

Since around Nov 27th the server that hosts the update files has been having issues and unreachable. It's likely that during your install the program is trying to reach that server and timing out, thus causing your error. Homefries is aware of the issue (check out his post on page 71 of this thread) but it looks like he is currently away from home and said he will address when he gets back in town.

A-10C, AV-8B, F-16C, F/A-18C, KA-50, Mi-8, UH-1H, FC3, CA, WWII, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf

Gaming Rig: I7 7700k @5GHz, Corsair H115i Water Cooling, 32GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3600MHz DDR4 SDRAM, Aorus GeForce GTX 1080Ti, 2 x Samsung 960 Pro M.2 1TB NVMe SSD's, Warthog HOTAS w/ Slew mod, MFG Crosswind Pedals, 2 x TM Cougar MFD's, Oculus Rift-S, TrackIR 5, Asus ROG PG3480 34" GSync Monitor @3440x1440-100Hz, Asus 27" Monitor @1920x1080-144Hz, Windows 10 x64

On 12/8/2020 at 9:12 AM, Madmatt_BFC said:

Since around Nov 27th the server that hosts the update files has been having issues and unreachable. It's likely that during your install the program is trying to reach that server and timing out, thus causing your error. Homefries is aware of the issue (check out his post on page 71 of this thread) but it looks like he is currently away from home and said he will address when he gets back in town.

The problem was a bit complex, but hopefully it gets itself sorted by the end of the week.  This is also delaying my CTS for Windows release, so I'm anxious to get it taken care of.

Compounding the issue is the updated forum software which apparently trashed the topics I was tracking (and also dorked up the hyperlink in my signature).  Now I can look at the posts and reply accordingly.

Thanks everybody for your patience.

Alright, everybody, here's an update:

This internet issue is not fixing itself, and it will likely persist for at least another week.  To get around this, I have made the 2.52 files directly downloadable on my cloud.

Just download all zip files from box.com, extract them with folder structure intact into your CTS folder (the folder with CTSupdate.exe), then back up the zip files for good measure.  If you're prompted to overwrite existing files, you're likely doing it right!

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Edited by Home Fries
  • Like 1

On 12/3/2020 at 10:13 PM, tomeye said:

I think in mirage the shifted TMS down or shifted CMS center are supposed to be assigned to "theta switch UP (clear do)".

Currently they are both assigned to VTB viewport ON/OFF.

Thanks for the update Home Fries, any chance you look the mirage issue?

Hey Home Fries, i can't make work Lantirn Mod with my Cougar, i set CTS Lantirn option at 2, rebuilded script and loaded. I go to controllers, load keyboards and joystick profiles again, the new options are showed but when i press S3+T1 long it doesn't change to Lantirn master mode, however i can turn on/off lantirn camera, move it with microstick, toggle Laser master arm etc. I tried with your controller lua improvements and the original mod

Edited by Charlie122sq

Hi Guys,

Sorry, still troubleshooting things on this end and busy with Real Life (TM), so I haven't had a chance to look at those issues yet.  

However, I did find one nasty bug with the P-47: I assigned the Gun Safety Switch Cover toggle to DX1, but didn't remove the DX1 assignment from the first stage trigger.  This results in toggling the cover (and safeing the gun switch) when you go to shoot something.  For now, remove the Joy_Btn01 mapping from the Gun Safety Switch toggle in your DCS Control options and cycle the cover manually.  This will be fixed in the next version, if not a hotfix before then.

On 12/11/2020 at 11:55 AM, tomeye said:

I think in mirage the shifted TMS down or shifted CMS center are supposed to be assigned to "theta switch UP (clear do)".

Currently they are both assigned to VTB viewport ON/OFF.

I was able to do theta up using both of these commands.  You may want to verify that you have the latest diff.luas applied (TARGET M2000C wh v246.diff.lua for the Warthog).

• Like 1

On 12/14/2020 at 6:06 PM, Charlie122sq said:

Hey Home Fries, i can't make work Lantirn Mod with my Cougar, i set CTS Lantirn option at 2, rebuilded script and loaded. I go to controllers, load keyboards and joystick profiles again, the new options are showed but when i press S3+T1 long it doesn't change to Lantirn master mode, however i can turn on/off lantirn camera, move it with microstick, toggle Laser master arm etc. I tried with your controller lua improvements and the original mod

The Logical Gear State must be Up (i.e. TARGET must think you have the gear up) for the mod to work.  If you don't use S3+H3U/D Long to cycle the gear, holding S3+T6 Long should toggle the state for you.

That said, it appears that the LANTIRN half-trigger setting isn't working properly on the Cougar.  I'll have to look into that.

hace 4 horas, Home Fries dijo:

The Logical Gear State must be Up (i.e. TARGET must think you have the gear up) for the mod to work.  If you don't use S3+H3U/D Long to cycle the gear, holding S3+T6 Long should toggle the state for you.

That said, it appears that the LANTIRN half-trigger setting isn't working properly on the Cougar.  I'll have to look into that.

I use S3+H3U/D to cycle the gear, maybe this is not sending the gear state signal, i will try S3+T6

Thanks

2.53 is up.  Since you won't get text in the updater, here is the text for the update file (including the change log):

Script Version 2.53
for DCS World 2.5.6
Elite: Dangerous (Horizons) June 2020
IL-2 Sturmovik Great Battles 4.006c
REQUIRES TARGET v3.0.18.328

Updated AV-8B to DCS 2.5.6.59398.
P-47: Fixed bug that caused gun safety cover to toggle when firing guns.
F-14: Rearranged MFD3 for consistency and to add functionality for Pilot and RIO.
Fixed TG1 logic that would sometimes prevent LANTIRN half-trigger mapping.

Known Issues:
Very close to stack limits.  If you receive a full stack error, report it ASAP.
P-47 gun safety switch toggle does not work (module side issue)  H2U set to Arm discrete command for time being.
F-14 Pilot TACAN X/Y discrete bindings inop on MFD3 (module side issue).  X/Y set to toggle.

Updated bindings since 2.52: F-14, AV-8B, F/A-18
Updated SnapViews since 2.52: Both (F-14A)
Updated Custom Luas since 2.52: AV-8B

Here is the link to download the files.  If you already have 2.52, you can just download the new files from the 253 Update folder.

EDIT: Just applied a hotfix for the F/A-18 diff.luas.  Be sure to download the updated 2.53 CTShtml and CTSext files.

Edited by Home Fries
2.53 hotfix 1 updates.

2020/12/11 AM6点09分,Home Fries说:

Alright, everybody, here's an update:

This internet issue is not fixing itself, and it will likely persist for at least another week.  To get around this, I have made the 2.52 files directly downloadable on my cloud.

Just download all zip files from box.com, extract them with folder structure intact into your CTS folder (the folder with CTSupdate.exe), then back up the zip files for good measure.  If you're prompted to overwrite existing files, you're likely doing it right!

Sorry for any inconvenience.

I cannot install the application. What should I do?

I have been trying to get the script to work for me but have only been partly successful. 

I’m using the warthog magnetic base with the F16 stick from a cougar on it, together with the TQS throttle from a cougar Hoyas.

I set the stick as a Warthog stick and the throttle as a cougar TQS in CTS. Furthermore I set the option for VR in headtracking. The script is created successfully and seems to run fine (I think).

I then loaded the lua files in DCS for the F16 keyboard and “virtual joystick driver”. I selected the Cougar lua file for the virtual joystick driver that Target created.

All the axis’s seem to work, however several of the button combinations don’t (like closing the canopy or zooming in when the trigger hits the first detend).

Can anyone give any tips to what I might be doing wrong, or the best way to debug this please?

Thanks,

David

Hi =36=Witcher,

Thank you for your response.

Yes I did select the F16 in the modules list.

I will provide the output in a follow-up message tomorrow, I need to reconnect the gear to the PC.

Thanks,

David

Edited by DaveMoi

Sorry, I was being stupid, the gear is not connected right now 5it's mounted on a playseat which I have to reconnect to the computer here in the living room. As it's 1am right now over here, I will do this tomorrow and post the correct output. Sorry about that 🙂

Edited by DaveMoi

This is zith everything connected,

*** Allocated ProcInstances found from the previous run: use FreeProcInstance() *** 
Mapped plugin module "C:\Program Files (x86)\Thrustmaster\TARGET\Plugins\sys.dll"
Physical USB HID devices managed by script!
Currently plugged USB HID devices[3]:
1: "Joystick - HOTAS Warthog" - "USB\VID_044F&PID_0402&REV_0100"
2: "HOTAS Cougar Joystick" - "USB\VID_044F&PID_0400&REV_0110&MI_00"
3: "T-Rudder" - "USB\VID_044F&PID_B679&REV_0110"
USB HID device "Joystick - HOTAS Warthog"(USB\VID_044F&PID_0402\6&253CE997&0&2) selected
USB HID device "HOTAS Cougar Joystick"(USB\VID_044F&PID_0400&MI_00\7&380ED102&0&0000) selected
USB HID device with hardware id "VID_044F&PID_0405" cannot be found
USB HID device with hardware id "VID_044F&PID_0406" cannot be found
Virtual HID devices managed by script!
Connecting virtual joystick...Done
Device name set to Thrustmaster Combined
Connecting virtual keyboard...Done
Connecting virtual mouse (absolute axes)...Done
DCS_Global() Start.
DCS_Global() Finish.

DCS_Init (Profile v2.52):

DCS F-16C Viper Config (Profile v2.52):
   Map Cougar Left  MFD (DX31)...Done!
   Map Cougar Right MFD (DX32)...Done!
   Map HOTAS for DCS F-16C Viper:
   Map Axes:
      Axis mapping Warthog Stick...Done!
      Axis Mapping TQS Main...         Initializing Throttle Single Engine Start/Shutdown Routines...Done!
      Axis Mapping TQS Auxiliary...Done.
      Digital Aux Axis Mapping:
      Unmapping Microstick...Done.
...Done!
      Button Mapping:
         Shift Commands: S3 momentary...Done!
         Stick Buttons...Done!
      Init Mouse Buttons for VR Users.
         Hat1 (Mouse/Trim)...         TQS Buttons......Done!
   HOTAS Cougar Mapping Complete.

Type 3 (Analog-Momentary) Airbrake Set.
         Brake Out = 1500
         Brake In  = 1500
Done.
 DCS F-16C Viper Init Complete!
DCS F-16C MFD Defaults (0,0):
F-16C Viper Config Complete!

main returned 0

On 12/19/2020 at 8:33 AM, CGPanda said:

I cannot install the application. What should I do?

You can still run the installer, and just select either update when prompted.  You won't connect to the server, but you will still complete the installation.  Then download the previously linked zip files and extract them to your CTS folder.  You should be good to go at that point.

18 hours ago, DaveMoi said:

Sorry, I was being stupid, the gear is not connected right now 5it's mounted on a playseat which I have to reconnect to the computer here in the living room. As it's 1am right now over here, I will do this tomorrow and post the correct output. Sorry about that 🙂

Glad it's working.

1 ora fa, Home Fries ha scritto:

Glad it's working.

I'm afraid it's not... It's only that the previous log was wrong. Now he posted the correct one, and as far as I can see it's fine.

@DaveMoi, honestly I have no clue. What if you open the Device Analyzer and try to press some of the buttons? Do you see some input registered from the Virtual Keyboard?

Also, when you imported the profiles in DCS, did you also assigned BTN30, BTN31 and BTN32 as modifiers?

I currently have my throttle and DDI/MFDs scripted through Target. I have an additional Cougar MFD on the way, I will use it for the Hornet's AMPCD. Is there any tricky or touchy tweak I will need to do in the script? Or will it simply be recognized as another left or right MFD?

Rig: Alienware Aurora R9 - 9th Gen Core i7 9700K 4.6GHz 8 Cores | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GDDR6 | 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD | 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL DDR4 3200MHz XMP 2.0 | LG Series80 QNED 50in 4K 120hz | TM Warthog HOTAS w/F-18 grip | Logitech G Pro RP | TM Cougar MFDs | TrackIR 5 Pro | VR: Oculus Quest 2 |

Modules: FC3 | F/A-18C | F-16C | A-10C II | F-14 | M-2000C | AV-8B | F-5E | JF-17 | P-51D | KA-50iii | UH-1H | AH-64D | Supercarrier | Combined Arms | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Syria | Normandy | Chanel |

5 minutes ago, Wolf359 said:

I currently have my throttle and DDI/MFDs scripted through Target. I have an additional Cougar MFD on the way, I will use it for the Hornet's AMPCD. Is there any tricky or touchy tweak I will need to do in the script? Or will it simply be recognized as another left or right MFD?

TARGET natively only recognizes two MFDs.  However, MFD3 will be recognized as a controller separate from the TARGET profile.  Fortuitously, I have also created diff.lua files for a 3rd MFD for quite a few profiles in CTS, the Hornet being one of them.

Edited by Home Fries

5 hours ago, =36=Witcher said:

I'm afraid it's not... It's only that the previous log was wrong. Now he posted the correct one, and as far as I can see it's fine.

@DaveMoi, honestly I have no clue. What if you open the Device Analyzer and try to press some of the buttons? Do you see some input registered from the Virtual Keyboard?

Also, when you imported the profiles in DCS, did you also assigned BTN30, BTN31 and BTN32 as modifiers?

Hi =36=Witcher,

Yes I did define BTN30, BTN31 and BTN32 as modifiers in the F16 settings in DCS. 

Some of the buttons do create keyboard events, however I went to check in DCS what is expected for the Canopy open/Close to be pressed.

It has the LCRL-C+ BTN30 bound to it. When I test the keyboard events, I see no events when holding down Btn30 and pressing the NWS button.

I also don't get an event when pressing the trigger to the first detent... On the other hand the hats are giving keyboard events.

Thanks a lot for your help and time!