DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

Home Fries

DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs  

19 members have voted

1. 1. DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

• Keep DH/DT with Hdg Hold and BA/RA with Alt Hold (keep apples with apples)
    • Map BA/RA with Hdg Hold and DH/DTwith Alt Hold (like actual panel switches)

11 hours ago, Home Fries said:

Have you compiled the profile with the latest version?

Yes. I did.Couple of times. I also tried to "touch" the settings in CTS but it didn't do anything for this problem.

For now I rolled back to 3.0.18 and I commented out the lines you mentioned. It works.

There's also another problem that occured with, I think, version 2.70. When I put P-51 profile on, I have it playing coolant.wav. It also plays it whenever I release MSD button (radio transmit button).

Thanks for all your help.

Edit: Found the changes introduced in 2.69 for the coolant switch in P-51. Disregard my problem there.

Edited by Kisi

14 hours ago, wangbc423 said:

Hi Fries,

I found I cannot select AIM-120 and AIM-9 with F18 grip. But Warthog grip works well. 

Output when pressed forward and afterward. But no response when press left and right.

image.png

Is this for the hornet?

Just setup my sim together again after about one year of not flying, updated CTS and TARGET as usual and now after build script and trying to run it, I get the
Compile Error: Symbol not found: Custom_Master_LUA_F14 in DCS_World.tmc at line 159 error again.

I see few users have had this error but no clear instruction on what causes it.

Looking at the code, it seems that it includes the constant variables in the end of the script, could this cause the issue why variables would not be visible in the start of the script?

Tried clean install, enabling and disabling various modules, but no avail.

Including the dcs_world.tmc for you to take a look.

edit: Running Windows 11. Copying configuration from bottom of dcs_world.tmc towards the top seems to fix issue, so it looks like there is some kind of issue with finding correct spot to insert into the script in the code. I do see this interesting unicode char in the comments, like this "//�Default Initial Configuration" when looking with notepad++ (char seems to be 0xA0). Could this be the issue?

DCS_World_tmc.zip

Edited by Jalava

7 hours ago, Jalava said:

Just setup my sim together again after about one year of not flying, updated CTS and TARGET as usual and now after build script and trying to run it, I get the
Compile Error: Symbol not found: Custom_Master_LUA_F14 in DCS_World.tmc at line 159 error again.

I see few users have had this error but no clear instruction on what causes it.

Looking at the code, it seems that it includes the constant variables in the end of the script, could this cause the issue why variables would not be visible in the start of the script?

Tried clean install, enabling and disabling various modules, but no avail.

Including the dcs_world.tmc for you to take a look.

edit: Running Windows 11. Copying configuration from bottom of dcs_world.tmc towards the top seems to fix issue, so it looks like there is some kind of issue with finding correct spot to insert into the script in the code. I do see this interesting unicode char in the comments, like this "//�Default Initial Configuration" when looking with notepad++ (char seems to be 0xA0). Could this be the issue?

Not sure what causes this, but I don't see the unicode character.  Try deleting it.

The sections should read as follows:

//=========================================
// Script Baseline

// Hardware Configuration

// Default Initial Configuration

//============================================
// Script Personalization
//============================================

If that doesn't work, try backing up, then removing the cts.dat in your CTS folder and having CTS rebuild it from scratch.

15 hours ago, Home Fries said:

If that doesn't work, try backing up, then removing the cts.dat in your CTS folder and having CTS rebuild it from scratch.

Tried that, didn't work, for some reason it doesn't seem to find the correct spots in the DCS_World_Template.tmc to insert the variables.

I have no idea what goes in your code, but as professional my hunch is either A) string matching regex fails for some reason or B) there is a function that has turned into asynchronous at some point and some data isn't yet loaded when things get inserted. 

EDIT: Also looks like other stuff gets inserted into correct spots, constants, Default menu and profile init, etc, so it is just the variables.

I'm running latest Windows 11 with US English regional settings and language, so shouldn't be from that either.

Edited by Jalava

Just noticed, my trim, or rather POV hat is stuck up when running the TARGET script, looking at the joystick as regular everything read correct, but through TARGET script most of the stuff works except POV hat which is always up. I've seen someone else have this before, but haven't found a work around for it yet. This is probably issue with latest TARGET software as I haven't noticed this happen before, running Virpil base with spoofed IDs for joystick and no Cougar MFDs as I got Winwing Topgun MIP setup.

Edited by Jalava

13 hours ago, Jalava said:

Just noticed, my trim, or rather POV hat is stuck up when running the TARGET script, looking at the joystick as regular everything read correct, but through TARGET script most of the stuff works except POV hat which is always up. I've seen someone else have this before, but haven't found a work around for it yet. This is probably issue with latest TARGET software as I haven't noticed this happen before, running Virpil base with spoofed IDs for joystick and no Cougar MFDs as I got Winwing Topgun MIP setup.

Hello Jalava.

I had similar problem with alternated defines.tmh file.

I have my joystick base changed to Virpil WarBRD, and to have it fully functional with TM TARGET software I had originally modified "c:\Program Files (x86)\Thrustmaster\TARGET\scripts\defines.tmh".  Somehow the installer of new TARGET software didn't replace this file with a new version (maybe it has seen that it was altered).

When I deleted all of the previous version of TARGET and reinstalled the new one, the aforementioned file was the right one (which I could alter, just like the old one). Now everything  is working properly at my side.

The new version of defines.tmh file is bigger then the previous one, but could be altered the same way by finding the same lines as in the older one.

4 hours ago, Kisi said:

Hello Jalava.

I had similar problem with alternated defines.tmh file.

I have my joystick base changed to Virpil WarBRD, and to have it fully functional with TM TARGET software I had originally modified "c:\Program Files (x86)\Thrustmaster\TARGET\scripts\defines.tmh".  Somehow the installer of new TARGET software didn't replace this file with a new version (maybe it has seen that it was altered).

When I deleted all of the previous version of TARGET and reinstalled the new one, the aforementioned file was the right one (which I could alter, just like the old one). Now everything  is working properly at my side.

The new version of defines.tmh file is bigger then the previous one, but could be altered the same way by finding the same lines as in the older one.

Nice! Gotta check that, I'm so in-depth locked in over the years with Home Fries profiles, I find it difficult of moving to anything else now that all kinds of problems start to pile up, all of them probably from 3rd party issues. 😄

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Kisi said:

Wait was there something you need to modify in defines.tmh to make virpil support TARGET Gui?

Just found it out, you need to map pov hat to DX buttons and modify defines for H1 to match those buttons to fix, more info here for next: https://forum.virpil.com/index.php?/topic/3976-mt-50cm2-warthog-stick-and-target/

Edited by Jalava
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Jalava said:

Nice! Gotta check that, I'm so in-depth locked in over the years with Home Fries profiles, I find it difficult of moving to anything else now that all kinds of problems start to pile up, all of them probably from 3rd party issues. 😄

Yeah, I feel you. I would be lost like a child in the mist without these profiles. I only changed my base to Virpil because I knew I could still use my beloved script.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello Home Fries! Congratulations for the great work on the CTS. I'm trying to update CTS to the latest version (2.71a) for the last few days but it always says tha  "Server is not available - Try again later" error. I have already replaced the version.txt file for the one available on the CTS download page (starts with http://blackveal.tplinkdns.com/MyWeb/TARGET/CTS/CTSversion.txt) but still not working. Is the server really down or there is something else I have to do to fix it and be able to update CTS at this moment? 

Thanks

Sorry.  

1 hour ago, Raptor_One said:

Hello Home Fries! Congratulations for the great work on the CTS. I'm trying to update CTS to the latest version (2.71a) for the last few days but it always says tha  "Server is not available - Try again later" error. I have already replaced the version.txt file for the one available on the CTS download page (starts with http://blackveal.tplinkdns.com/MyWeb/TARGET/CTS/CTSversion.txt) but still not working. Is the server really down or there is something else I have to do to fix it and be able to update CTS at this moment? 

Thanks

Sorry.  I'm away from my network until Saturday, and it likely picked a bad time to have interrupted service.  I'll have it back online by Saturday evening (EST).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Home Fries said:

Sorry.  

Sorry.  I'm away from my network until Saturday, and it likely picked a bad time to have interrupted service.  I'll have it back online by Saturday evening (EST).

Thank you Home Fries! And, again, Thanks for the great work on CTS!!!