DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

Home Fries

DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs  

19 members have voted

1. 1. DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

• Keep DH/DT with Hdg Hold and BA/RA with Alt Hold (keep apples with apples)
    • Map BA/RA with Hdg Hold and DH/DTwith Alt Hold (like actual panel switches)

Version 2.65 is released for DCS 2.8.1!

Change Log:

Ka-50:

• Updated for DCS 2.8.1/Black Shark 3

M2000C:

• Updated for DCS 2.8.1
  • Added discrete state to FBW Spin switch
  • Added TDC Mode to LOSB19 (Cougar)

Known Issues:
None

Updated bindings since 2.64d: Ka-50, M2000C
Updated SnapViews since 2.64: 2.65 (BS3)
Updated Custom Luas since 2.64: AV-8B

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/27/2022 at 4:35 PM, Home Fries said:

Possible write error.  You may want to rename your existing folder to something else and then reinstall.  Unfortunately, my server is down for a day so it will have to wait.

Just to +1, I had the same issue.  i also tried both Normal and Full and got the error each time. confirmed install bug for first time in years. thanks sir ❤️

Edited by Whistler_RIO

On 9/26/2022 at 5:12 PM, angrymancunian said:

Hi @Home Fries,

Super quick question, is there a known issue on the JF-17 profile?  I have the WH2 Lua loaded, my trigger on the warthog joystick shows at JOY_BTN9 in DCS, instead of BTN 6 like the Control Map shows.  Also the TDC doesn't work. 

Finally, server is still showing as down for me when I try to update. 

Cheers,

Ben

Ben

Sorry it took so long to get to this, but I finally got to look at the profile.  The 2MFD variants were way out of whack.  I just fixed them and they'll be in the next release in the very near future.

On 10/10/2022 at 5:16 PM, tomeye said:

@Home FriesI would like to ask for a change in the huey profile if possible. Can you assign the WH throttle pinky 3-position switch to "nav lights steady". "nav lights off", "nav lights flash"

Right now it's assigned to throttle up/down but personally I never used it. Nav lights on the hand are very handy during formations in VR.

I've added your feature request into the next build, and also incorporated it into the AH-64, Mi-8 and Mi-24.  For each of the helos, set the discrete throttle option to -1.

The new build should be out shortly.

Edited by Home Fries
  • Thanks 2

Version 2.66 is released.  Excepting hotfixes, this will probably be my last update for a few months.  If the F-15E or F-4 are released before April, I'll see what I can do, but it won't likely be a quick turnaround.

Change log:

• Mosquito: Added Rocket functionality.  Changed individual magnetos to dual-magneto macros on LMFD to make room
    • Added Bomb Bay controls to Cougar TQS
  • JF-17: Fixed diff.luas
    • Added MFD3 overlay
  • Helicopters: Added option for Warthog Pinky Switch to actuate external lighting instead of throttle axis control
  • Ka-50: Fixed pinky switch not commanding non-discrete throttle

Known Issues: None

Updated bindings since 2.65: Mosquito, AH-64, Mi-8, Mi-24, UH-1, JF-17
Updated SnapViews since 2.65: both (BS3, Mosquito)
Updated Custom Luas since 2.65: none

Edited by Home Fries
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Home Fries said:

Version 2.66 is released.  Excepting hotfixes, this will probably be my last update for a few months.  If the F-15E or F-4 are released before April, I'll see what I can do, but it won't likely be a quick turnaround.

Change log:

• Mosquito: Added Rocket functionality.  Changed individual magnetos to dual-magneto macros on LMFD to make room
    • Added Bomb Bay controls to Cougar TQS
  • JF-17: Fixed diff.luas
    • Added MFD3 overlay
  • Helicopters: Added option for Warthog Pinky Switch to actuate external lighting instead of throttle axis control
  • Ka-50: Fixed pinky switch not commanding non-discrete throttle

Known Issues: None

Updated bindings since 2.65: Mosquito, AH-64, Mi-8, Mi-24, UH-1, JF-17
Updated SnapViews since 2.65: both (BS3, Mosquito)
Updated Custom Luas since 2.65: none

How do I enable the option for helis? Apologies but could not find the mentioned option.

9 hours ago, tomeye said:

How do I enable the option for helis? Apologies but could not find the mentioned option.

It's under the throttle control for individual helicopters or Russian helos.  Set it to -1.  If you look at the HTML change log, it's hyperlinked to the right values and shows you a table of mappings and which helos are supported.

• Thanks 1

Hey Home Fries,

Although I have been playing DCS for a while now, I am brand new to TARGET and your software. I wanted to try out professionally made control setups, and yesterday I started trying to learn CTS. I have a few questions for things I am having trouble understanding.

1. I was having a general problem, with some items in the script generated by CTS causing a compile error. The first was the "Custom_Master_LUA_F14" being assigned in line 159, and it being given a value near line ~1060. When I changed it manually in the script, just to see if it would fix it, it was also not finding the TrackIR object. I have never used the TARGET script writing before, so I am not really sure how to troubleshoot the problems. The error message being displayed is pasted below, just for clarity:

"Compile Error:Symbol not found: Custom_Master_LUA_F14 in DCS_World.tmc at line 159"

Just a note, I do not own the F14, but I do use Track IR. The CTS settings are set accordingly.

2. The LUAs you provide are set up for a combined controller, which you reference as the Thrustmaster Virtual Game Controller, or the Thrustmaster Combined Controller. In my DCS, the throttle and stick are two different controllers. I am not sure how to change this. Is it something that is done by your script?

3. Is the TARGET script editing absolutely necessary to use the control layouts? 

The reason for the last question is because I got into this because I was interested in using purpose built control layouts for DCS, which would save me a lot of time trying to learn new aircraft. (Specifically the Viggen, since I just bought it.) I think I am in a little over my head with all of this, but I am hoping that this will be what I was looking for.

Thanks very much for the help!

9 hours ago, Zomalk said:

Hey Home Fries,

Although I have been playing DCS for a while now, I am brand new to TARGET and your software. I wanted to try out professionally made control setups, and yesterday I started trying to learn CTS. I have a few questions for things I am having trouble understanding.

1. I was having a general problem, with some items in the script generated by CTS causing a compile error. The first was the "Custom_Master_LUA_F14" being assigned in line 159, and it being given a value near line ~1060. When I changed it manually in the script, just to see if it would fix it, it was also not finding the TrackIR object. I have never used the TARGET script writing before, so I am not really sure how to troubleshoot the problems. The error message being displayed is pasted below, just for clarity:

"Compile Error:Symbol not found: Custom_Master_LUA_F14 in DCS_World.tmc at line 159"

Just a note, I do not own the F14, but I do use Track IR. The CTS settings are set accordingly.

2. The LUAs you provide are set up for a combined controller, which you reference as the Thrustmaster Virtual Game Controller, or the Thrustmaster Combined Controller. In my DCS, the throttle and stick are two different controllers. I am not sure how to change this. Is it something that is done by your script?

3. Is the TARGET script editing absolutely necessary to use the control layouts? 

The reason for the last question is because I got into this because I was interested in using purpose built control layouts for DCS, which would save me a lot of time trying to learn new aircraft. (Specifically the Viggen, since I just bought it.) I think I am in a little over my head with all of this, but I am hoping that this will be what I was looking for.

Thanks very much for the help!

Hi Zomalk.

Probably I cannot help you with #1 but I'll toss my 2 cents in the other two.

Regarding #2, you should see a Combined Controller in DCS and also in the Windows system, but only after the script is running properly. If it crashes you will not see it.

To answer #3, I personally never edited Home Fries script by hand, so I guess you too shouldn't.  Maybe there is some error in configuration you made (some invalid value)? Maybe try to go for a clean CTS install and try with only 1 module selected as owned and with just minimal required changes to configuration.

Glad you gave it a shot because this tool is just amazing for me for mainly two reasons. First one is that you wouldn't be able to utilize Warthogs potential without TARGET, and the second is that Home Fries did an amazing job with putting so much work into this profiles so we don't have to. They have nearly all the needed things in aur HOTAS setup so our job is to just fly and enjoy the planes.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Kisi said:

Hi Zomalk.

Probably I cannot help you with #1 but I'll toss my 2 cents in the other two.

Regarding #2, you should see a Combined Controller in DCS and also in the Windows system, but only after the script is running properly. If it crashes you will not see it.

To answer #3, I personally never edited Home Fries script by hand, so I guess you too shouldn't.  Maybe there is some error in configuration you made (some invalid value)? Maybe try to go for a clean CTS install and try with only 1 module selected as owned and with just minimal required changes to configuration.

Glad you gave it a shot because this tool is just amazing for me for mainly two reasons. First one is that you wouldn't be able to utilize Warthogs potential without TARGET, and the second is that Home Fries did an amazing job with putting so much work into this profiles so we don't have to. They have nearly all the needed things in aur HOTAS setup so our job is to just fly and enjoy the planes.

Thanks very much for your input! I will give it a shot later today and see if I can get it working.

9 hours ago, tomeye said:

What is your setting in the below? I do not have the lua installed and not using them in the script, is it possible you mixed things there?

null

image.png

I don't believe that I changed that from the default, but I will check again later. Thank you!

On 1/10/2023 at 3:56 AM, tomeye said:

What is your setting in the below? I do not have the lua installed and not using them in the script, is it possible you mixed things there?

null

image.png

Just to follow up, I realized that since I do not have the F-14 module activated (I don't own it), I did not modify this option. 

Going to try a full reinstall tonight, so hopefully that helps

Hi,
Is server down ? I try to reinstall CTS, but since yesterday it can't connect
I see there is a version.txt attached in original post. Do I need to replace the one from the 2.55 installer by this one ?
I have tried both, but without success

8 hours ago, Oiz0 said:

Hi,
Is server down ? I try to reinstall CTS, but since yesterday it can't connect
I see there is a version.txt attached in original post. Do I need to replace the one from the 2.55 installer by this one ?
I have tried both, but without success

I'm having the same issue

Sorry folks, the server is down right now.  I'm trying to find a more reliable solution.

@Zomalk, regarding your questions, I'll see if I can answer them for you, though Kisi and Tomeye already did an admirable job.

First, so you're clear, this is a TARGET profile.  This means that TARGET (the Thrustmaster programming environment) suppresses the individual controllers (e.g. Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle) and in lieu of that you should see either "Thrustmaster Combined" or "Thrustmaster Virtual Game Controller" (if you have admin privileges).  The diff.lua files are designed for use with these virtual controllers and the keyboard, and in some cases the extra (third or fourth) MFD.

Regarding the value you discuss, "Custom Controller LUA for F-14," this does default to 0 because I don't want to have any mods (custom files) tied to default settings.  If you don't have the Tomcat, you shouldn't have any need or want to change this.  The error you're getting may be due to something else.  If you are still getting it, please post the DCS_World.tmc file you compiled with the CTS software.

Finally, TARGET script editing is not necessary to enjoy the profile.  The whole reason for the front end and the database is to allow you to customize your settings without having to edit a line of code.  That said, if you do know your way around C, it probably woulldn't hurt.  If you find a bug, please let me know what you found and I'll look into it.  I can't promise a quick reply in the near future (I'm extremely busy until March, and then only very busy until May), but I try to be as responsive as my schedule allows.

Edited by Home Fries
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Home Fries said:

Sorry folks, the server is down right now.  I'm trying to find a more reliable solution.

@Zomalk, regarding your questions, I'll see if I can answer them for you, though Kisi and Tomeye already did an admirable job.

First, so you're clear, this is a TARGET profile.  This means that TARGET (the Thrustmaster programming environment) suppresses the individual controllers (e.g. Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle) and in lieu of that you should see either "Thrustmaster Combined" or "Thrustmaster Virtual Game Controller" (if you have admin privileges).  The diff.lua files are designed for use with these virtual controllers and the keyboard, and in some cases the extra (third or fourth) MFD.

Regarding the value you discuss, "Custom Controller LUA for F-14," this does default to 0 because I don't want to have any mods (custom files) tied to default settings.  If you don't have the Tomcat, you shouldn't have any need or want to change this.  The error you're getting may be due to something else.  If you are still getting it, please post the DCS_World.tmc file you compiled with the CTS software.

Finally, TARGET script editing is not necessary to enjoy the profile.  The whole reason for the front end and the database is to allow you to customize your settings without having to edit a line of code.  That said, if you do know your way around C, it probably woulldn't hurt.  If you find a bug, please let me know what you found and I'll look into it.  I can't promise a quick reply in the near future (I'm extremely busy until March, and then only very busy until May), but I try to be as responsive as my schedule allows.

Thanks very much! When the server is back up I am going to try a fresh reinstall. 

Another quick question I had (for anyone who knows) is with the MFDs. Are the controls designed with a minimum of 2 MFD's in mind? I do not have any at the moment, and I wasn't really planning on getting any soon. Would not having any MFDs cause a problem with the script writing?

Thanks all again for helping!

Until the server is back up, I've posted the files on my Google Drive.  Just extract the zip files to your CTS folder and they're nested properly to go to the folders they should be in.  The version.txt will let you compare existing files with the updated files to see what needs to change (if you don't want to do a complete install).

2 hours ago, tomeye said:

@Home Fries thanks for assigning lights to pinky switch, this makes things lot better. I have another question, have you assigned trim reset for ah-64d? I did some tests and I think it's not there. I can see in the controls it's mapped to LCtrl+T

I didn't realize there's a trim reset.  I'll make it happen for the next version.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Home Fries said:

So I fully reinstalled the program, with the files from your drive, and I am still getting the same error. The only thing I can think of that might be out of line is I installed an F-14 mod years ago, but I don't even know if it is still in my DCS files. I attached the .tmc file, so hopefully you can help diagnose the problem. Thank you! 

DCS_World.tmc

Would anyone mind posting their DCS_World.tmc? I am kind of curious if I would be able to run someone else's, just to see if the problem has to do with the script building, or with maybe my file paths. 

Do you think it could be a problem if the target script editor and CTS were installed on separate drives? I don't think so, but I am no expert so I could be wrong.

10 minutes ago, Zomalk said:

Do you think it could be a problem if the target script editor and CTS were installed on separate drives? I don't think so, but I am no expert so I could be wrong.

I keep mine on a separate drive and it works fine.  As long as TARGET is installed to the default folder, you should be good to go.