New Terrain and SpeedTree in 1.2

The extended terrain will greatly enhance the Black Sea Operations campaign as well. Thank you ED!

T-Bone

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus G72GX | CPU: Core 2 Duo Overclocked @ 2.9Ghz | Memory 6GB DDR2 | Graphics Card: nVidia GTX 260m 1GB | OS: Windows 7 Home Premium | Monitor: Samsung 32" LCD

LOMAC 1.0 to FC 1.12 System RIP (2003-2010) | AMD Athlon 64 3000+ overclocked to 2565MHz | NVidia Geforce 7800 GS AGP 256 MB | 1GB Kingston PC2700 DDR DRAM | Windows 2000 with SP4

• ED Team
The extended terrain will greatly enhance the Black Sea Operations campaign as well. Thank you ED!

T-Bone

Actually let's wait for the release. As both new terrain and trees are in development now and still uncomplete, there is always a probability that they may be not included in the initial release in Black Shark. We do not want to delay BS release much after the announced date. Just know that these features are in the development now.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

К чему стадам дары свободы?

Их должно резать или стричь.

Наследство их из рода в роды

Ярмо с гремушками да бич.

I think you may consider to delay it indeed. I think we all want to see it the most complete as possible, because as soon as the first copies arrives at the custumers hands, its apreciations will spread arround quicly. We are going to get the 1.12 patch soon, we waited patietnly for it, and I think we can wait 2, 3 extra months for black shark. It wouldnt make much sense if you released BS just after 1.12 patch. I'd rather wait. Ill make a poll on this to see.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

I think trees, foliage , grass etc. play a big immersion role when you fly slow and low. One of heli tactics is to hide behind the trees, pop up, lock and fire, and hide again.

Though AI should be programmed in such'a way that they don't see player if he's doing that.

I don't think current LockOn engine can support SpeedTree, but maybe I'm wrong?

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

• ED Team
I think trees, foliage , grass etc. play a big immersion role when you fly slow and low. One of heli tactics is to hide behind the trees, pop up, lock and fire, and hide again.

Though AI should be programmed in such'a way that they don't see player if he's doing that.

I don't think current LockOn engine can support SpeedTree, but maybe I'm wrong?

It can, but needs additional efforts for some issues.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

К чему стадам дары свободы?

Их должно резать или стричь.

Наследство их из рода в роды

Ярмо с гремушками да бич.

Guest ThomasDWeiss

I believe that Pilotasso is right - 1.12 should be released first and delay 1.2 until the expanded terrain and speedtree is ready OR carefully state that very soon a new terrain/tree add-on will be released.

I guess even the 1.2 release, pronounced to be the final, will need an additional patch for some unforeseen bugs. So release the game as good as it gets, try to eliminat all of the bugs that the dev team detect. And as the final product will be tested extensively by the actual paying gamers, I am sure that there will be some (maybe many) bugs that were not seen during the beta testing stage. And save your extra effort for that patch.

If you release the game half finished and state that there will be some additional stuff for speedtree and extra terrain, then you will have to release another patch after that.

So add all of the addons, modules, terrain, whatever you, than wiat for the community's actual test and release 1.21.. We have the patience for a well-done 1.2, we can wait for the final product with all of the goodies...

Actually let's wait for the release. As both new terrain and trees are in development now and still uncomplete, there is always a probability that they may be not included in the initial release in Black Shark. We do not want to delay BS release much after the announced date. Just know that these features are in the development now.

In my opinion it's better to delay , especially to include the trees as BS is a helicopter sim ...

[sIGPIC]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/madmaxx69/LOMAC/Rykesig1.jpg[/sIGPIC]

Savage 77th , http://s77th.com

|Core i7 920|Asus P6T Deluxe V2|GTX 285|9600GT-OC|6G DDR3|Softh on 3x22"CRTs|Tir2|yeahIsaidTir2|X-45|Haf 932|Vista Ultimate 64|

As I said in Pilotasso's poll. It would be a good thing to delay the release for the tree's, terrain and WAFM. We will have 1.12 to keep us happy for a while so dont worry about the release date not being met.

yeah, WAFM is what Im looking forward the most. Delaying it for a patch would make my investiment feel as a delay as well. I could wait to purchase only when the patch is out but then I would loose months of online play.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P