UH1 HUEY - project

Jaroslav

well done mate.. it is motorcycle steering dumper. How good is that:)

It was easy, I'm a biker ;)

One great solution for a collective would be a rotary steering damper - it would make for a smaller package and also double as the pivot mechanism.

But rotary steering dampers are very, very expensive :(

Anyway, I think your current design will work very well, I hope the part arrives from Thailand quickly - I want to see more :thumbup:

---------------------------------------------------------

PC specs:- Intel 386DX, 2mb memory, onboard graphics, 14" 640x480 monitor

Modules owned:- Bachem Natter, Cessna 150, Project Pluto, Sopwith Snipe

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm.. never seen this before, but for use as a collective pivot point you would still face the fact that the lever would tend to slowly drop down..

Anyway thanks for inspiration:) The whole concept however has to be "low cost" product therefore I'll welcome any ideas guys..

Good jod !

This bottom one is more expencive : ~ $27

500-526_sml.jpg

I bought one for my Emergency panel :

http://www.digikey.com/product-search/en?x=12&y=14&lang=en&site=us&KeyWords=679-2289-ND

UniversRadio for DCS : http://universradio.fr

Homepit on eagle.ru forum :http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1547848&postcount=1 (more details : http://www.tacnoworld.fr)

3rd-Wing.net/75th vFighter "Tiger Sharks"/S-01 Tacno (squadron commander)

present design of the "search light" joystick.. :joystick:

Please can you explain that more, I made one where the screw sat in a rubber grommet and pushed the micro switches I took from a mouse, it was still too bulky though.

What material is that white disk?

Is the hole in the white material larger than the screw thread?

Will you cap it with something and which end?

Haha, sorry for the questions!!!

Please can you explain that more, I made one where the screw sat in a rubber grommet and pushed the micro switches I took from a mouse, it was still too bulky though.

What material is that white disk?

Is the hole in the white material larger than the screw thread?

Will you cap it with something and which end?

Haha, sorry for the questions!!!

Well these pics only show the first stage of the concept.. Basically the white disc will be secured by nuts from either side and there will be a spring siting between the disc and the base. Than the thumb cap will mount at the end of the bolt.. The disc is PVC as it has ideal elasticity towards those small switches.

Thx

Edited by Jaroslav

I can dig out the details of a UK supplier of thumb switches if you like. I just ordered 10 of them at about £1.50 each.

The switch is PCB mount and doesn't come with a knob, so it'll need a bit of work to package it into a grip, but it's cheap.

Tank's for the tip Tacno but still in order to keep the cost as low as possible, I have to try my own design first.. Although this Apem thumbstick is really nifty, it is also little bit small for exact replica.

Thank's anyway

Actualy I think your stick will be stronger. You are a talended person to jump technical obstacles and to find solutions,

then why to build other than "Made by Jaroslay" :)

UniversRadio for DCS : http://universradio.fr

Homepit on eagle.ru forum :http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1547848&postcount=1 (more details : http://www.tacnoworld.fr)

3rd-Wing.net/75th vFighter "Tiger Sharks"/S-01 Tacno (squadron commander)

• 2 weeks later...
I feel your pain with the CNC cutting where it shouldn't, its soul destroying when the panel is so close.... and then the machinery attacks....

cnc program should always first be driven in mid air, step by step, carefully monitored, without panel or anything else close to it. well, that's how pro's are working on cnc machines anyway :smartass: but things can go wrong sometimes anyway.

Edited by PureEvil

STEAM

asus p8z68-v gen3, 2600k@4,5ghz(w/c), 16gb, 1080ti(w/c), ch fighterstick/gvl224-4000-8, ch pro throttle, Oculus Rift CV1+Touch, thrustmaster tx

cnc program should always first be driven in mid air, step by step, carefully monitored, without panel or anything else close to it. well, that's how pro's are working on cnc machines anyway :smartass: but things can go wrong sometimes anyway.

The code was fine. It was the coupler that snapped and the Z axis didn't raised up while X and Y were moving from one drilling position to another..

All three of the original couplers need to be replaced as they are really poor quality.

Edited by Jaroslav

Jaroslav,

May I ask what you do for a living? Besides making the awesome looking kits, that is. I remember from my mechanical engineering classes the tidbit about how the lathe is the only tool capable of making itself! :)

These look awesome. When I lived in Tucson, I remember going to the Davis Monthan AFB where they stockpile airplanes/helicopters. There were so many parts just lying around for Hueys.....I really wish I would have taken a bunch! But the law-abiding citizen in me wouldn't let me go through with it. :) Great work!!!

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Fascinating! Definitely look forward to further progress on your beautiful design!

ASUS Sabertooth X79 TUF Motherboard / Intel Core i7-3930K Unlocked Processor Six Core / Corsair CMP32GX3M4X1600C10 Dominator Memory Kit - 32GB (4x 8GB) / OCZ Solid 3 480GB Solid State Drive / EVGA GeForce GTX 670 FTW+ / Corsair CW-9060002-WW Hydro H70 CORE CPU Cooler / Seagate ST1000DM003 1TB Hard Drive / BenQ XL2420TX 24" Widescreen LED Gaming Monitor - 1920 x 1080 / Windows 7 Ultimate Edition, 64-bit / C-Tek 12-bit: Foot Pedals - Robinson Cyclic - 5-button-hat cyclic - Collective / TrackIR-5

Bloody well done Jaroslav, your a true innovator, ive not got a technical bone in my body, and i am looking forward to seeing your results, i would really love to build your collective, keep it up mate.

Best regards.

Regards

DL available skins here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=Strut

Pictures of my Skins here: https://imgur.com/a/bOQyQqW

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64bit, Intel® Core i7-5820K CPU OC @ 4.50GHz x6, X99A GAMING PRO CARBON, MSI RTX 2080 TI GAMING X TRIO 11Gb, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD 960 EVO250GB, SSD 850 EVO 500GB, JetSeat, MFG Crosswind Pedals, VPC Mongoose T-50, TMWH, DSD ButtonBox, Pimax 5k XR/BE

• ED Team

Your setup looks great for your collective

what type of ram is that hydraulic ?

attachment.php?attachmentid=93890&d=1391464614

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

If / when this collective becomes available for sale, please sign me up as your customer!

ASUS Sabertooth X79 TUF Motherboard / Intel Core i7-3930K Unlocked Processor Six Core / Corsair CMP32GX3M4X1600C10 Dominator Memory Kit - 32GB (4x 8GB) / OCZ Solid 3 480GB Solid State Drive / EVGA GeForce GTX 670 FTW+ / Corsair CW-9060002-WW Hydro H70 CORE CPU Cooler / Seagate ST1000DM003 1TB Hard Drive / BenQ XL2420TX 24" Widescreen LED Gaming Monitor - 1920 x 1080 / Windows 7 Ultimate Edition, 64-bit / C-Tek 12-bit: Foot Pedals - Robinson Cyclic - 5-button-hat cyclic - Collective / TrackIR-5

• ED Team
Thank's..

What do u mean by "ram" ..? It is a motorbike steering dumper:)

Great stuff, thats it

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Jaroslav,

May I ask what you do for a living? Besides making the awesome looking kits, that is. I remember from my mechanical engineering classes the tidbit about how the lathe is the only tool capable of making itself! :)

These look awesome. When I lived in Tucson, I remember going to the Davis Monthan AFB where they stockpile airplanes/helicopters. There were so many parts just lying around for Hueys.....I really wish I would have taken a bunch! But the law-abiding citizen in me wouldn't let me go through with it. :) Great work!!!

Unfortunately I don't make an awesome kits "for living" quite yet but it is my goal.. Got you, the lathe can't reprap itself, can it..? :smartass:

Anyway I'm doing carpentry at the moment but I was working with lathes and CNC's in the past too.. Honestly I'm quite fed up with all this industry stuff and I just want to do what I love.. AWESOME KITS:pilotfly:

Mind you, next time you see a HUEY part, just grab it and run my friend,

run for your live:bounce:

Then let me know:)

Really nice job you have made on that collective Jaroslav. Very neat construction :thumbup:

Obviously there's still a bunch of staff to come, to bring the real detail to it and that's why I can't give you the price yet. Anyway I'm asking because I'm in really unique situation right now so I'm just wondering if this could be the time to survey the market..

Still let me know your opinion about the "aged finish" please.

Thx ..stay tuned..

Edited by Jaroslav