should I just incrase memory and graphics card OR go for whole upgrade?

Currently I have AMD X6 1055T overclocked to 3.51 GHz

Gprahics card is GTX 460

and memory is 4GB

So should I should get a new GPU and increase memory or overhaul the whole system to Intel?

Titles I play are DCS and ArmA

Bonus question: What rig developers use for this game?

Edited by muamshai

This space is available for your advertisement

• ED Team

Minimum system requirements: OS 64-bit Windows Vista, 7 or 8; CPU: Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz; RAM: 6 GB; Free hard disk space: 10 GB; Video: 512 MB RAM card, DirectX 9.0c - compatible; Sound: DirectX 9.0c - compatible; requires internet activation.

Recommended system requirements: OS 64-bit Windows Vista, 7 or 8; CPU: Core i5+; RAM: 8GB; Hard disk space: 10 GB; Video: Shader 3.0 or better; NVIDIA GeForce GTX560 / ATI 6950 DirectX 9.0c or better; Sound: DirectX 9.0c - compatible; DirectX: 9.0C; requires internet activation.

Minimum spec for RAM and DCS is 6gb so you could go for a memory upgrade, or save your money and do a system update :)

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

How much do you want to spend?

Probably a gfx and memory upgrade would help the most. The cpu you have isnt too far behind AMD newer cpu performance but the GTX 460 is kinda weak for decent fps in games(depending on resolution), another 4GB ram would help too.

A r9 270x and 4GB ram would be decent upgrade for under £200.

I'd be VERY cautious recommending AMD GPUs for DCS... I know some people have success with them but overall the NVIDIA GPUs are prefered.

What about with EDGE? Well, we're not there yet and it's anyone's guess... but NVIDIA is currently the safer choice hands down.

But generally, the recommendation for the "upgrade" is sound IMO- The proc seems okay which means the mobo is recent enough to show gains with the improved GPU (whatever it ends up being... I just think NVIDIA is a better choice) and a 4gig RAM upgrade.

The other consideration is SSD... if you don't already have one.

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

Thanks guys for the replies.

Actually I am a bit reluctant for a major upgrade as I might be moving away to another country or even continent for good. And carrying that stuff might be a bit of pain in the rear end. Selling it might not give even 50% of the price after a few months of usage either.

The budget is 500€ give or take.

This space is available for your advertisement

Thanks guys for the replies.

Actually I am a bit reluctant for a major upgrade as I might be moving away to another country or even continent for good. And carrying that stuff might be a bit of pain in the rear end. Selling it might not give even 50% of the price after a few months of usage either.

The budget is 500€ give or take.

With that budget I'd go for a SSD + RAM upgrade, would leave the GPU for what it is. Don't know the prices in your country, here in the Netherlands a SSD + RAM upgrade can be achieved for about €150 - €200 (so roughly $200 - $300)

Intel i9 10850k | Noctua NH-U12A | Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Elite AC | Patriot Viper Steel 64gb @3600MT/s | ASUS TUF RX 7900 XTX OC | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | HP Reverb G2