hardware survey

#4 Last answer. "Other, please specify."

This is redundant as the answers above cover all possibilities.

EDIT: The answers to several questions may be skewed by the economic situation of the respondents.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

EDIT: The answers to several questions may be skewed by the economic situation of the respondents.

I understand this completely, I am simply looking to see what as a community people are generally spending on their hardware, without regard to economic situation. Thanks for the feedback though!

Specs:

1tb HDD

AMD FX-6300

16gb DDR3

Nvidia GTX-1070

Oculus CV1

Lots of us don't buy a gaming computer. We build one and constantly upgrade. It is hard to judge how old our computers are. I.e. I still use i7 920 I have bought in 2009, I still use HDDs I have bought in 2006, but I also use VGA and SSD I have bought last year. My computer also had a RAM upgrade (6GB@1333 -> 12GB@1600), new PSU, 2 other VGAs between 2009 and 2013.

Wir sehen uns in Walhalla.

I'd want to, but I "can't" fill in your survey, because:

- Question 2: My pc had different ages (CPU, Mainbord and half of my RAM are 2 years old, other half of RAM is 1 year old, GPU and Case is 6 months, PSU is 1 month old and HDD is 2 months old)

- Question 4: I'm not buying a complete new PC, only upgrading, so none of the options suite my answer

- Question 5: None of mentioned, I look at all of those + performance you get for the price you pay

- Question 6: See Q4, Im not buying a complete new PC. I probably will buy new parts/extra within the next year though. (E.g. second GPU for SLI or a SSD)

Intel i9 10850k | Noctua NH-U12A | Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Elite AC | Patriot Viper Steel 64gb @3600MT/s | ASUS TUF RX 7900 XTX OC | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | HP Reverb G2

Same here - I don't buy a prebuilt PC but build my own and then modernise it. And I find the question about Quality, FPS and Stability a bit strange - what's the sense of having high FPS or Quality if the PC is unstable? Or having a rocksolid PC and a framerate of 5? Voted for stability though and fps plays a bigger role for me than quality.

And the question about the purchase of a new PC - voted unlikely, but mostly because of a lack of performance gains in CPU's. AMD will not roll out steamroller in 2014 and Intel is going the way of lowering the TDP and performance gains are negligible (3-5%). What's the sense of upgrading? If this was not the case - I would happily upgrade, given a 20-30 performance increase.

Edited by Gloom Demon

AMD Ryzen 3600, Biostar Racing B850GT3, AMD Rx 580 8Gb, 16384 DDR4 2900, Hitachi 7K3000 2Tb, Samsung SM961 256Gb SSD, Thrustmaster T.Flight HOTAS X, Samsung S24F350 24'

Lots of us don't buy a gaming computer. We build one and constantly upgrade. It is hard to judge how old our computers are. I.e. I still use i7 920 I have bought in 2009, I still use HDDs I have bought in 2006, but I also use VGA and SSD I have bought last year. My computer also had a RAM upgrade (6GB@1333 -> 12GB@1600), new PSU, 2 other VGAs between 2009 and 2013.

Thats what I was thinking myself, you tend to upgrade parts sometimes its only the case thats the same after awhile.

:joystick: YouTube :pilotfly:

TimeKilla on Flight Sims over at YouTube.

Thats what I was thinking myself, you tend to upgrade parts sometimes its only the case thats the same after awhile.

Very true there.

Most of my machine was bought in Feb 2011 (I think it was). Autumn of that year I got an addin sound card. Autumn 2012 I got an SSD and also reworked the cooling a bit. But it's all sitting in a computer chassis I bought in 2009, and the speaker system was purchased in 2006-ish. I've also spent about 400 dollars since 2011 on keyboards and mice...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I too build my computers and swap in parts as new tech emerges... I took the value of those individual parts and answered that question.

The one question about "how old is your current computer" is harder to answer since like most of these guys we all swap parts in and out as technology improves or prices go down... How many generations we wait between CPU / Mobo upgrades may be a better question... or how many generations do we wait between GPU upgrades... But yes, the "how old is your computer" question is a bit broad.

I suspect that by feedback you're actually talking about results on your survey- not on the survey itself... but knowing the assessments many of us make on the hardware we use for the sims we love- the survey in its current form won't generate much (if any) useful data.

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art