Enhanced A-10 Gun Information

Frostiken

I was provided a large amount of material and after checking, none of this is classified, FOUO, or marked for NFD. As such, this is basically 'good to know' information. I have pages and pages of this crap. I'll also point out that some of this information is deprecated, and it mostly pertains to the A-10A, as evidenced by some references to obsolete HOTAS commands. I'll see if I can get my hands on A-10C information, but much of this remains valid between both models. I also don't know just how accurate the sim is in regards to some of this.

This is essentially what the Air Force considers 'training' for avionics techs, even though quite obviously a lot of it doesn't apply to our job. The theory, however, is that by being able to understand exactly how the entire system works, it'll make it easier to troubleshoot. These are ripped from our CDCs. Again, no classification level of any kind is present on this information. Provided for you, the A-10 enthusiast. Hopefully someone can find some good info here.

ED: Consider this another official source for A-10 information if you discover a way to enhance a feature. For example, it's suggested that EAC can fall offline in excessive PAC conditions. I also have far, far more information on the F-15C and E, so when you make the next module (:)), I can provide a lot of unclassified information if need be.

DCS A-10 Gun Information - Expanded.pdf

Edited by Frostiken
  • Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Additional information I have is on EGI, a lot more on LASTE, HARS, SAS, fuel quantity (not that you would care very much about this), and a monstrous section on radios, and some TEWS information. Most of it probably doesn't pertain to the sim but if you've got a major nerd-on for A-10 information, I have it.

Unfortunately I'm incredibly lazy and scanning a billion pages of this crap in is a huge timesink :P

EDIT: Doh, double post.

Edited by Frostiken

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Interesting: Pg12, NOTES, Pt4:

If EAC disarms, a 2°nose up elev trim change occurs. Rearming EAC will cause a 2° nose down elevator trim change.

Have to try...:joystick:

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

Interesting: Pg12, NOTES, Pt4:

If EAC disarms, a 2°nose up elev trim change occurs. Rearming EAC will cause a 2° nose down elevator trim change.

Have to try...:joystick:

Isn't that the pitch change you feel when master arm goes on and off?

scan it and give us all you got...We would all be grateful...

I may actually see if there's someone who can scan them all for me... it took me ages just to do those few pages, clean them up, and put them on a .pdf. I'm not above solving my laziness with money :D

Also this document explains the "new" dual-pipper for the gun, pg 7!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

Thanks, it's very informative!

I wonder how much of it is actually implemented in the sim?

PAC-1b mode in the sim does attenuate control input, but it looks like it allows only lateral corrections. When I try to move the sight up/down it seems to actively fight the stick inputs, inducing strong oscillations.

MSI GTX 770 2GB -> 1920x1200, MSI H97M, Xeon 1231v3, 16GB

Additional information I have is on EGI, a lot more on LASTE, HARS, SAS, fuel quantity (not that you would care very much about this), and a monstrous section on radios, and some TEWS information. Most of it probably doesn't pertain to the sim but if you've got a major nerd-on for A-10 information, I have it.

Unfortunately I'm incredibly lazy and scanning a billion pages of this crap in is a huge timesink :P

EDIT: Doh, double post.

Wow you have a treasure there!!! EGI and LASTE will be indeed interesting infromation to go through. Is there any way to get you over your laziness?? :P

Regards

• 1 year later...

Hey Guys,

I've got a question on firing my Gun with PAC enabled. I recognize a stablizing effect as soon as I engage PAC, but when I fire I have to correct the recoil manually. Shouldn't PAC do this aswell, or did I misunderstand it?

ty

ps: I just read something about Speedbrakes causing an upward moment when the PAC engages. I will test it if the problem still occurs w/o the use of speedbrakes

Edited by Maverick-X

Is your controller set up such that when you fire the GunPAC command is no longer sent? In that case, you no longer have PAC.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

• ED Team
Ed loves information. I remember a while back they moved a full set of F16 manuals. Informations builds this sim. Even if we never see it in a final product. It's there.

No it was a set of F/A-18 manuals. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

К чему стадам дары свободы?

Их должно резать или стричь.

Наследство их из рода в роды

Ярмо с гремушками да бич.

• ED Team
http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1231945&postcount=1

So you have both then? Either way great to know.

I'd like to get much more on F-16. For F/A-18 we have several hundreds of manuals.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

К чему стадам дары свободы?

Их должно резать или стричь.

Наследство их из рода в роды

Ярмо с гремушками да бич.