The "clickable" mouse-look of Ka-50 - future patch?

Herbie.no

I seem to do the alt-c routine a lot and keep wondering why this is not availible in this sim. This is especially true during ramp start, since POV movement is too slow and inaccurate. (Yes, I know, should invest in TrackIR) :pilotfly:

Opinions?

Surprisingly enough the alt-c look in black shark was a bug! As such I believe it won't ever be present in a10 which is a shame. As for trackIR, I and everyone else on the forum cannot recommen it enough :)

Intel i7 6700k, Asus GTX1070, 16gb DDR4 @ 3200mhz, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Rudder Pedals, Samsung Evo 850 SSD @ 500GB * 2, TrackIR 5 and 27" monitor running at 2560 * 1440, Windows 10.

Apologies for terrible grammar... Mobile device!

Intel i7 6700k, Asus GTX1070, 16gb DDR4 @ 3200mhz, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Rudder Pedals, Samsung Evo 850 SSD @ 500GB * 2, TrackIR 5 and 27" monitor running at 2560 * 1440, Windows 10.

Surprisingly enough the alt-c look in black shark was a bug!

I don't think that's right. Do you have a source on that?

I seem to recall reading that the reason this mode isn't in WH is due to some complexity of the 3d cockpit, which makes it more difficult to implement than in BS.

I don't think that's right. Do you have a source on that?

I seem to recall reading that the reason this mode isn't in WH is due to some complexity of the 3d cockpit, which makes it more difficult to implement than in BS.

Well the "3rd" mode for the mouse was indeed a bug - that was made a "feature" in BS.

Now.. it isn't possible for Warthog to use it because some cockpit commands need all of the mouse functions all of the time. However I will lobby for it to be retained in Black shark when the time comes, if possible (absolutely no promises).

Nate

• 1 month later...
Yep, you should really invest in the TrackIR! You wont regret it! You will wonder why in the name of hell you haven't bought it earlier! :D

+1 :thumbup:

I was thinking really much about to buy or not. Then as this awesome hardware arrived and i was flying with that for about two days, i switched it off just to look how i was flying before it. And you know how i felt flying without TIR? I thought i'm sitting in one solid box with only one little hole where i can see through. :D

Believe me, if you love flight sims, then TrackIR is worth the money all the way! :smilewink:

Asus Z97-PRO | Intel i7-4790K @ 4.00Ghz | beQuite! PowerZone 650W | Kingston HyperX Fury 32GB | Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti | Creative E-MU 1616m | Samsung SSD 840 Evo Basic - 1TB | Win10 |

TM Hotas Cougar w. U2nxt + hall sensors | VPC ACE-1 Rudder Pedals | TrackIR 5 + Track Clip Pro

I wonder, what exactly does this special mouse mode do? I haven't played black shark so I don't know what to look for.

Regarding Track IR, I am currently considering the purchase, but judging from the videos I have seen so far, it seems to me that changing your view with TIR to let's say operate CDU means to find it first, then carefully adjust to a proper zoom level, and only then start worrying about what you were about to do with the CDU... by that time I would of surely forgotten what I wanted to do :) Whereas right now I just press num0+num2 and there it is in all its beauty and zoom I'm used to.

I anticipate some of you will now reply with something in between the lines that you must get used to the device before you can accurately judge its responses... but how is it then that people that apparently are very experienced with the simulator are still not natural with the track IR??

(I trust it's obvious that the previous paragraph is mostly joking, what I want to hear are some rock solid reasons why to have it, that will convince my wife that the investment is necessary... for me at least) :-D

Edited by Elwin

I wonder, what exactly does this special mouse mode do? I haven't played black shark so I don't know what to look for.

It allows you to click buttons while still moving the view with the mouse. Personally I find it a bit too sensitive but it is useful.

Nate

I've had TrackIR for ages and it's annoying as hell. If I look down, or around, or move my head at all, it never seems to 'recenter' properly and my HUD and everything will be off by a little bit, so badly I had to remap the 'center TIR' button to my HOTAS. Nobody in any Youtube videos ever seems to have this problem... in order to look in closely at the radios, I have to physically lean back, look down to the left, and then lean back in... it's retarded.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Aha! It appears the 3rd mode is still in Warthog, just turned off by default.

Nate

Thank God! I have asked about this feature several times since it was so useful in Black Shark. Bug or not, I just wanted it back and it seems to work just fine.

I've had TrackIR for ages and it's annoying as hell. If I look down, or around, or move my head at all, it never seems to 'recenter' properly and my HUD and everything will be off by a little bit, so badly I had to remap the 'center TIR' button to my HOTAS. Nobody in any Youtube videos ever seems to have this problem... in order to look in closely at the radios, I have to physically lean back, look down to the left, and then lean back in... it's retarded.

it's just all about the deadzone settings and sesitivity.

btw, for working with CDU or setting up the radios i'm using the "Panel view toggle" instead of TIR.

Asus Z97-PRO | Intel i7-4790K @ 4.00Ghz | beQuite! PowerZone 650W | Kingston HyperX Fury 32GB | Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti | Creative E-MU 1616m | Samsung SSD 840 Evo Basic - 1TB | Win10 |

TM Hotas Cougar w. U2nxt + hall sensors | VPC ACE-1 Rudder Pedals | TrackIR 5 + Track Clip Pro

it's just all about the deadzone settings and sesitivity.

btw, for working with CDU or setting up the radios i'm using the "Panel view toggle" instead of TIR.

hmm, are you able to save view angles, so that you can toggle between them, or are they predesignated? Im wondering because when looking down at CDU my TIR isn't so accurate anymore..

6S_Blues

hmm, are you able to save view angles, so that you can toggle between them, or are they predesignated? Im wondering because when looking down at CDU my TIR isn't so accurate anymore..

6S_Blues

normaly it's "Right CTRL" + "Numpad0", then select the viewangle with the Numpad keys from Numpad1 to Numpad9

Now I've got TrackIR 5. Its better than 4 by far.

can you get more specific of what is better on TIR5 then on TIR4? Im thinking about to upgrade to TIR5 too but i'm not sure if it's worth the money if i already have TIR4

Edited by CEPEGA

• 1 month later...

Wait until you TIR4 dies before moving to TIR5. I have both, and they are operationaly the same. Unless you want to draw in PhotoShop using your head movement, TIR4's resolution is more than enough.

As for moving around the entire cockpit, radios, etc, you have to be careful how you set your cap (headgear) on your head.

I'm using a 47" monitor, about 24" from my face. With the IR camera resting on top of the monitor, it has a lookdown view of maybe 30 degrees to my head. So, when you center you TIR, make sure the reflectors are perpendicular to the camera. This will prevent insane gimble lock when looking down. Still it gets a little shifty, but plenty useable. So, I set my cap with the "flap" some 30 degrees upwards, towards the camera; so much for being stylish, but it works.

Even though I'm upset at NaturalPoint for not giving me access to their SDK (f'ing jerks), I have to recommend (+10) buying TrackIR to anyone considering it. Buy it even before you buy a Thurstmaster Warthog!

Ideally, the TrackIR software would ask for the physical position of the camera and remap the coordinates accordingly, but that would be a user-support nightmare for NaturalPoint, I'm sure, with people stumbling onto yet another parameter to screw up.

i7-7700K@4.8GHz, 16Gb-3200, GTX-1080Ti-Strix-11Gb, Maximus IX Hero, Oculus Rift, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C, Logitech G940 Pedals.