Losing my mind, Refueling

fastfed

I downloaded a single mission that starts me in the air with the tanker

It says for me to tune VHF 150

and the other thing on my right to 10x

For the life of me I cannot get the tanker to not show up black when I try to radio him

My pilot keeps telling him to regroup but obviously I'm on the wrong channel

It says to tune 150 am

so I bring the first dial to 10, then 5 then 0 for the rest

I tried the first dial to 15 then 0 for the rest, still not getting the tanker to respond.

I searched for last hour, every tutorial starts off trying to line up the boom, I'm not even at that point yet.. ARRGGG

Thanks!

I tried the first dial to 15 then 0 for the rest, still not getting the tanker to respond.

^^^thats correct

A few suggestions... Turn off easy radios in the options menu, make sure you're tuning the VHF AM radio (it's the forward most radio), make sure that the white radio text shows VHF AM (if not check your key mappings and make sure to note the combo for VHF AM)

System specifications: Computer, joystick, DCS world, Beer

^^^thats correct

A few suggestions... Turn off easy radios in the options menu, make sure you're tuning the VHF AM radio (it's the forward most radio), make sure that the white radio text shows VHF AM (if not check your key mappings and make sure to note the combo for VHF AM)

ok, well thanks for the tip about turning off easy radios, I turned that off and radio assists.

Now instead of some words being black they are white.

BUT... All it keeps saying is "Texco, request rejoin"

nothing happens.

I set the radio to 15 0 0 0

I switched it to am

tacan is set to 10x (which is what it said to do)

and switched to receive and send , I hear the little morse code going.

But the boom operator is sleeping or something.

Ok, I see what you are doing. I suggest you go online and try it out, the issue might be the fact that you created this mission and something is not right with it. If it fails in MP then its something YOU are doing wrong overall, if it works, then it was the SP you created. :)

So, refueling is not exactly great in this sim. Radio commands are shitty and it takes a LOT of patience. WHen you get it down, its all great and dandy but yeah, its frustrating at first.

Ok so once you have your radios set, you call him up and request rejoin.

Hes gonna say to rejoin at 15K or what not, and you fly to him.

Once you are near him, you need to get into position and RADIO HIM AGAIN.

Your radio command will be Ready Precontact.

Here is the important part.

You need to be a bit lower than him and close to him.

Not so close where you can touch his tail, but close enough where you could throw a dart at him from your canopy.

If you are not in the right distance from him, he will not respond, and you will continously spam the "ready precontact" msg.

In multiplayer, PLEASE PLEASE remember than after you are done refueling, you need to radio him and tell him you are done.

If you do not, then anybody trying to radio the tanker will have the tanker talking to YOU and not them, since it still thinks you are trying to fuel with him. YOU NEED TO CANCEL THAT CALL. Just an FYI.

Here is a video of mine, and skip to 2:30, thats how low and close you should be, though I think now you need to be at least half that distance closer to him. (Apologies for the FOV, i was playing around with a new plug in, it makes it look horrible, I know)

there is a remarkable real radio tutorial by warriorX. I suggest reading it.

link

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

You can try one of my missions if you like I can try to preset the VHF radio to remove the hassle. When you do finally get to the point of actually refuelling then try Sabres refuelling missions. There is actually even more to refuelling than just the radio freq there is also the Tacan set to AA/TR and then just prior to joining up you should set it to AA/REC so that the Tanker can get distance from the next flight that has to refuel.(not a priority at the moment but later on such features maybe critical in more detailed missions) BTW a problem with MP is a big delay in coms with the tanker and a bug is the tanker not communicating in MP which I found out last week.:doh:

BTW always set Tanker AI to excellent.

Edited by SUBS17

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

ok I figured out where the VHF AM transmit what.

Does the exact same thing "Texco request rejoin"

and nothing happens.

I GIVE UP

1) Set your AM Radio (the top one) to frequency 150.00

2) On your TACAN panel, set it to 010X, then turn the know to A A REC (you should now hear this frequencey in morse code in your cockpit).

3) Push the TCN pushbutton on your main panel (just below EGI in front of your joystick).

4) Push the MIC Switch Forward command (KB command = LAlt & Num+) in order to pull up the AM radio command list and contact the Tanker...he will then clear you to "Proceed to pre-contact at ### <---his altitude

5) You should now see your HSI come to life with Range & Bearing information. (Follow and intercept the course for the #1 arrow on the HSI to intercept the tanker).

6) When you are close enough to the tanker that he fills up your HUD window, request "pre-contact" in your AM radio options (LAlt & Num+)

7) Tanker will call out, "Cleared Pre-Contact". Then make sure your refueling door is open and proceed to connect. If you become disconnected, push your NOSEWHEEL STEERING BUTTON (KB= Insert) in order to reset your refueling receptacle.

8) Do this until you are satisfied with your fuel levels.

Dont know who made this but here is a YouTube video

ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT THE A-10 MANUAL, YOUTUBE AND GOOGLE ARE YOUR BEST FRIENDS

ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT THE A-10 MANUAL, YOUTUBE AND GOOGLE ARE YOUR BEST FRIENDS

And practice makes perfect.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

I switched it to am

Okay, so the VHF AM radio has two prominently featured knobs on its control panel (bottom left and right of the panel, the frequency selection dial and the frequency mode dial respectively)

try setting the left dial to "MAN" (as in manual, I'm assuming your setting it to"EMER AM")

set the right dial to "TK"

tune to 150.000 (or whatever the right frequency is)

call tanker... get so frustrated trying to get gas that you shoot him down :D

done :pilotfly:

Edited by SmokeyTheLung

System specifications: Computer, joystick, DCS world, Beer

The attachment contains a tanker mission with only one aircraft. The hog is already in trail and almost in 'precontact position', but not configured. The tanker frequency is 132.0 MHz on box 1. The frequency in the briefing window is wrong. In addition a small tutorial with my hurtful experiences on the way to a complete refueling.

Regards

Mike

Refueling.zip

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The attachment contains a tanker mission with only one aircraft. The hog is already in trail and almost in 'precontact position', but not configured. The tanker frequency is 132.0 MHz on box 1. The frequency in the briefing window is wrong. In addition a small tutorial with my hurtful experiences on the way to a complete refueling.

Regards

Mike

Thanks.. .Tried yours as well

"Texco, Uzi, request rejoin"

Nothing happens

I am tuning 14, 1, 0 ,.25

Real annoying

almost every single one of them are just how to line up.

I need the darn tanker to actually know I am there

I searched for well over an hour, and I found people in my position, but guess what, it seems no one helps or no one knows how.

There is a 40 page thread somewhere here on just how to refuel

lol 25% of the people in that thread were saying the same things I am, with no response

Regards

Mike

Even the training .pdf file thats in your mission, explains nothing on getting the boom to activate

It seems as if everyone thinks it just happens, maybe it did in the old version? but not in 2.0?

Something has to be wrong

ok I finally got it, thanks

I guess you guys are right, its extremely buggy, it took over 20 times of contacting for him to finally give me the "pre contact" order

And I also see why most people just get mad and shoot the tanker down, HOLY @#$% is it hard, lol

thanks again

I guess you guys are right, its extremely buggy, it took over 20 times of contacting for him to finally give me the "pre contact" order

And I also see why most people just get mad and shoot the tanker down, HOLY @#$% is it hard, lol

thanks again

Just for chuckles, try opening the refueling door before you make contact for the first time. When I tried it with EASY COMMUNICATION, it worked like a charm. And that's how it had been set up with their previous sims. So, I'm wondering...

Rich

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Not sure what's going on but last time i tried i was able to go through all clearances to contact on first try. Are you sure you are adhering to the required formation flying protocol?

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

If you have your radios set correctly and you are within visual range you can contact him. That being said, you should move into the pre-contact position and open your fuel door. The pre-contact position which is about 45 meters behind him (about when he fills your HUD) and below him. Then you call the tanker and request pre-contact (if it does not work then you are too far from him). After he clears you to pre-contact you should be able to refuel. If any of you guys would like, I can host an aerial refueling MP mission 8/27/12 so that I can walk you guys through it. Let me know through here so that others can participate. Just let me know what time you would like to get up. Im off so I should be available all day.

Also refer to the manual on pages 494-496

I'm from Task Force Blackjack. Our TS server is 206.217.140.50 then come down to the DCS Operations, Combat Operations, TARS Disabled channel.

Look for me there.

Nah guys, hes doing everything right, the ONLY thing he has trouble with is having the tanker respond to him.

But yeah dude, its not easy at first, but then its a piece of cake. There are other refueling types without the boom but with the cable, but only for certain aircraft.

Still if you are having issues with maintaining speed, then its your throttle, you need to put a slight curve on the throttle to avoid it being overly sensitive, my friend had the same issue, and now hes golden.

Even professionals have issues with it, these bumps and bruises on the nose are not from bird strikes ya know:

A-10-nose-web-lr.jpg

345758-A10-Warthog-and-Chaingun_view.jpg

11362_8083.jpg