Flight Qualifications Campaign

At this time I would have to say no.

The content is the same as the SUID/Mission Key version you have.

The only difference is the campaign through the ED store is managed via the module manager in game (instead of using our SUID / Mission Key installer).

It's up to you if you want to repurchase the campaign to take advantage of this new distribution method.

We will continue to support our SUID/Mission key system for another year.

Have all the A-10C missions and congratulate you on them, have proved to be very useful in my learning.

Can you clarify the above point regarding support of the SUID/Mission key system, if I change my PC after the year has expired will you no longer accept a new SUID to issue new keys?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you clarify the above point regarding support of the SUID/Mission key system, if I change my PC after the year has expired will you no longer accept a new SUID to issue new keys?

This is a rather important question since there is no other option but to repurchase every mission after a year. The inability to transfer keys to the ED store is a major issue.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Hi

A-10C Advanced mission 7 with Guns and Rockets. Do you have to destroy every single vehicle in every target group to pass? Killed over 30 in my first try last night and ran out of ammo on the final target. Landed and was told I had failed because I hadn't done this.

Have all the A-10C missions and congratulate you on them, have proved to be very useful in my learning.

According to the licence installation guide,

NOTE:

The SUID is based on a set of system parameters. If you make changes to your system this could cause the mission installer to fail.

If your previous mission keys fail then you need to un-install and re-install the MFM_License.exe program and generate a new SUID.

Send the new SUID to mapleflagmissions@gmail.com and we will generate new mission keys for you.

Also, the licence is fully transferable (as per end-user licence agreement). So there should be no problem in that regard.

EDIT: the 3-activation I mentioned earlier is actually for the new system, so you can disregard that one

Edited by Redglyph

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

According to the licence installation guide,

Also, the licence is fully transferable (as per end-user licence agreement). So there should be no problem in that regard.

EDIT: the 3-activation I mentioned earlier is actually for the new system, so you can disregard that one

That's in the present and understood.

My question is that the statement would suggest that they will no longer support the SUID/Keys after a year. Now if this means the software support will finish that's fine and understandable, but if they will not issue new keys on a hardware change after one year then that's a different matter.

Just would like clarification from the 'horses mouth' so to speak.

My question is that the statement would suggest that they will no longer support the SUID/Keys after a year. Now if this means the software support will finish that's fine and understandable, but if they will not issue new keys on a hardware change after one year then that's a different matter.

Our intent is to decommission the SUID/Mission Key model after one year. We hope to have the NTTR version of the campaign ready by then and hopefully sold exclusively through the ED Store. As well as many of our other existing and new campaigns.

We will reassess this decision again next year but the SUID/Mission Key system has been troublesome for many users (problems installing, having to wait for a key, etc), as well as a huge time demand for us. Moving away from it to ED's store gives us more time for campaign development which should mean more campaigns faster (but we can't guarantee that). :)

Yes you can upgrade your current system and send us the new SUID and we will continue to generate new mission keys for your current purchases until this time next year.

Making this decision now ensures that we don't perpetuate the SUID/Mission Key model and have new customers added to the current situation. The downside is that new users will have to wait for the campaigns to be available on the ED store if they didn't already purchase it.

The SUID/Mission Key model was the only solution until ED's store was available. Now that it is, moving to the ED store model is the best way forward in our opinion for our customers and ourselves.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

Thank you for your clarification.

Our intent is to decommission the SUID/Mission Key model after one year. We hope to have the NTTR version of the campaign ready by then and hopefully sold exclusively through the ED Store. As well as many of our other existing and new campaigns.

Purchasing through the ED store is the best solution which I fully support ongoing. I understand that ED do not wish to do a key exchange for existing campaign user :(

We will reassess this decision again next year but the SUID/Mission Key system has been troublesome for many users (problems installing, having to wait for a key, etc), as well as a huge time demand for us. Moving away from it to ED's store gives us more time for campaign development which should mean more campaigns faster (but we can't guarantee that). :).

Please do.

Yes you can upgrade your current system and send us the new SUID and we will continue to generate new mission keys for your current purchases until this time next year.

Understood for my current system and correct me if this is wrong, but after the year (given your quote regarding re-assessing the situation) if I update my PC hardware, say 2018, then my only option will be to re-purchase the A-10C package via the ED store. This will be an expensive exercise as I have the full A10-C campaign package :(

Making this decision now ensures that we don't perpetuate the SUID/Mission Key model and have new customers added to the current situation. The downside is that new users will have to wait for the campaigns to be available on the ED store if they didn't already purchase it.

Will certainly purchase further campaigns via the store, look forward to them being available.:)

The SUID/Mission Key model was the only solution until ED's store was available. Now that it is, moving to the ED store model is the best way forward in our opinion for our customers and ourselves.

Agree it's the 'cleanest' and best solution going forward.

At the end it's a sorry situation for existing customers whom have supported MapleFlags, but as they say 'se la vie'.

Edited by Dusk_Reaper

I wasn't talking about the present but the future. I'm not a lawyer but I doubt that a vendor can change terms without a form of compensation.

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

I wasn't talking about the present but the future. I'm not a lawyer but I doubt that a vendor can change terms without a form of compensation.

Did you read the response from Sabre-TLA

Seems clear to me. Compensation has not been mentioned up to this point. Do you have a different interpretation of the above comment?

Of course things may change.

I did but anyway it's all very theoretical and the point is moot, in one year the DCS environment will surely have changed enough to make an update necessary. I can't speak for everyone but I believe that maintaining a whole campaign deserves some extra income, it's quite frequent to see companies sell an upgrade to previous owners of a software product and I don't find it shocking.

It's custom to provide the upgrade at a lower price than the full product, but anyone is free to set their prices as they want, the offer will naturally meet the demand at the corresponding quantity level ;)

I did but anyway it's all very theoretical and the point is moot, in one year the DCS environment will surely have changed enough to make an update necessary. I can't speak for everyone but I believe that maintaining a whole campaign deserves some extra income, it's quite frequent to see companies sell an upgrade to previous owners of a software product and I don't find it shocking.

It's custom to provide the upgrade at a lower price than the full product, but anyone is free to set their prices as they want, the offer will naturally meet the demand at the corresponding quantity level ;)

Sure, if we get some noticeable upgrades I will think about a rebuy but paying 30€ for the 3 campaigns I already paid.

But buying the campaigns again with no substantial difference (as it is the case for BFT right now) has nothing to do with an upgrade. A small fee for transfering these campaigns to the new distribution system would be ok for me. Another idea could be a discount for the Nevada campaigns... :music_whistling:

Edited by FSKRipper

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks Sabre

I have the SUID/Mission key version for some time. There is a tremendous amount of work that has gone into these missions/campaign.

For the cost less bonus now $6.99, it is well worth me purchasing again. Not only as support for an excellent product, But also the amount of time saved with updates.

| i9 9900K Octa Core 2TB SSD +32GB Spectrix DDR4 @3200MHz RGB | 2 x Radeon RX480 in Crossfire. | TrackIR5 HOTAS Warthog,MFG Crosswind Pedals | Cougar MFDs |

[OCG] Oceanic Combat Group

discord.gg/ZmXEBSU

"Through The Inferno"

by deadlyfishes

Official Australian Servers

SRS: All Servers have Auto-Connect Enabled

Server 1: TTI Caucasus

Server 2: TTI Persian Gulf

Server 3: OCG Training

Server 4: OCG NTTR & Multiplayer Missions

Australian Website

AU Discord Server

Since its clear there will be no way for existing owners of to get new keys, can you at least find out and confirm if discounts will be available for the modules? i currently have 13 of the MFM, and since its been decides transfers wont be done, knowing i could get a fairly good/deep discount might lessen the blow if i want to run one of the many campaigns i haven't used yet. I haven barely used all of them, i bought the first few and liked them and bought the rest to support your guys work and figured i would use them eventually.. seems like that might have been a mistake.

I get this may be more of an ED decision than one of MFM, but that said im pretty sure i will no longer purchase any further MFM campaigns if the final answer is "life sucks, sorry"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 8600K OC @ 5.0GHz w/ Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler| MSI GTX 1080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR4 3600 | EVO 960 NVMe SSD | WD Black NVMe SSD

Win10 X64 | TrackIR 5 | HTC Vive | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and Cougar MFDs | Saitek Combat Pedals

Advanced Aircraft Training (AAT): it seems that mission 3 always succeeds, whether you crash or not, damage the aircraft or not, the score is 100%. Not a huge deal but it feels wrong ;)

The poor examiner seem to suffer from missiles and AAA a lot, too :)

I reiterate my question regarding AAT and TT campaigns: since it's not possible to buy anything anymore from your website, are there plans to switch them to the module manager as well, in the near future? Given the last discussions here, I'm pretty sure most of us would rather wait for such a change to occur.

Since its clear there will be no way for existing owners of to get new keys, can you at least find out and confirm if discounts will be available for the modules? i currently have 13 of the MFM, and since its been decides transfers wont be done, knowing i could get a fairly good/deep discount might lessen the blow if i want to run one of the many campaigns i haven't used yet. I haven barely used all of them, i bought the first few and liked them and bought the rest to support your guys work and figured i would use them eventually.. seems like that might have been a mistake.

I get this may be more of an ED decision than one of MFM, but that said im pretty sure i will no longer purchase any further MFM campaigns if the final answer is "life sucks, sorry"

Now that ED has the content any discounts or bundled packages would be up to them.

Advanced Aircraft Training (AAT): it seems that mission 3 always succeeds, whether you crash or not, damage the aircraft or not, the score is 100%. Not a huge deal but it feels wrong ;)

The poor examiner seem to suffer from missiles and AAA a lot, too :)

I reiterate my question regarding AAT and TT campaigns: since it's not possible to buy anything anymore from your website, are there plans to switch them to the module manager as well, in the near future? Given the last discussions here, I'm pretty sure most of us would rather wait for such a change to occur.

Many users not used to dodging SAMs or AAA found this mission very difficult and complained they couldn't get passed it without some damage.

Based on this feedback we decided to allow a pass if you can get back to base even if damaged. If dead then that is a fail.

The examiner can sometimes draw fire for you if you are close to him but I recommend to go as fast as you can and bob, jink and weave constantly and don't hesitate to use your countermeasures.

We hope to have all our campaigns on the ED store at some point. When that occurs is up to ED. I would recommend waiting.

Many users not used to dodging SAMs or AAA found this mission very difficult and complained they couldn't get passed it without some damage.

Based on this feedback we decided to allow a pass if you can get back to base even if damaged. If dead then that is a fail.

The examiner can sometimes draw fire for you if you are close to him but I recommend to go as fast as you can and bob, jink and weave constantly and don't hesitate to use your countermeasures.

We hope to have all our campaigns on the ED store at some point. When that occurs is up to ED. I would recommend waiting.

Thanks for the clarification, I'll feel less of a cheater passing when AAA punched holes in my hog. Yes, it's quite difficult and IMHO a very much necessary training to survive most missions. Quite thrilling too! For the record, the FE landed well after, with a huge black smoke trail coming from his right engine and could manage to land with a left blown tyre. I couldn't help feeling a bit sorry for him :D

It'd be awesome to see most of those on ED's store, indeed.

Edited by Redglyph

Over the weekend we did two things:

1. We refunded all customers that had credits on their MapleFlag accounts as they could no longer use them to purchase through our website.

2. We decided to introduce a rebate program to recognize those customers that previously purchased our campaigns. Proof of purchase of the new campaign will be required. The rebate program will start May 1st. Details about the program can be found here.

We have had many loyal customers that have supported us to this point and we will not forget them as we continue to develop new campaigns for this great simulator.

Many thanks for supporting MapleFlagMissions and helping us get to this important milestone.

Now that ED has the content any discounts or bundled packages would be up to them.

i figured as much which was why i was trying to direct it more at them, than you. I know you have put in tons of work to these, and have offer me and many others very good support so i have no ill will towards you assuming you have done everything can for us. If ED cant figure it out for the MFM keys when its been done for others, then my issue lies with them.

Reading the post about the offer, that does please me, i havent read the details but seeing that a special concession is made to recognize long standing loyal customers is very important. Thank you. As i said above you continue with good ways to support us, thanks for putting this together

Edited by DracoLlasa

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 8600K OC @ 5.0GHz w/ Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler| MSI GTX 1080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR4 3600 | EVO 960 NVMe SSD | WD Black NVMe SSD

Win10 X64 | TrackIR 5 | HTC Vive | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and Cougar MFDs | Saitek Combat Pedals

i figured as much which was why i was trying to direct it more at them, than you. I know you have put in tons of work to these, and have offer me and many others very good support so i have no ill will towards you assuming you have done everything can for us. If ED cant figure it out for the MFM keys when its been done for others, then my issue lies with them.

Reading the post about the offer, that does please me, i havent read the details but seeing that a special concession is made to recognize long standing loyal customers is very important. Thank you. As i said above you continue with good ways to support us, thanks for putting this together

The key issue was not EDs but rested with us. I wouldn't want to burden ED with the transition of our customer database to theirs but given that this was our first time through the process we didn't know what was possible.