Saitek X52Pro Mfd and Fip how to home

algerad3

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Hi, Any update on this program? I do enjoy using this in my sim pit on four fips.

I would love to have the Gazelle and Mig 21 gauges.

If I can be of any help, please ask. I can not program but may be able to help in other ways.

Thanks for this Mod. I do appreciate the work put into it.

Hawkeye60

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Thank-you, Patiently waiting.

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

MIG 21 (wip)

I have been a bit sluggish on this project lately but, here we are.

This module has been a bit difficult for me. I have not spent much time with this module yet so this set is a bit rough.

Currently we have 14 pages (currently)

1)Accel.. good with reset button

2)AoA .. good

3)Aru .. good

4)Baroalt.. readings good, qnh a little off ( needs to be redrawn)

5)Cockpit pressure... Needs testing

6)compass... good with setting adjust knob...unsure if nbd pointer is functioning properly.

7)Da200..good readings , knob does not function correctly

8)egt.. good

9)enginetach.... needle 1 reading off at idle.

10)fuel good reading... again knob does not work correctly yet.

11)hydraulics .. good

12)ias...good

13)nosecone... good... again knob needs work

14)oilpressure.. good

Any input is welcomed and appreciated.

CPIAS Mig21.zip

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] CPIAS FOR Saitek:

Saitek Flight instrument panels and X-52 pro mfd scripts for Dcs

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=94174

Thanks, I'll try these and report back. A question if I may,

What was the timing adjustment to the fips. I remember reading about it in the thread somewhere.

Perhaps this info could be included on the first page? I found after add two more fips, for a total off four, that the screen updates are slower. I would like to play around the the numbers to see if it will help.

Thanks for the hard work on the mig21. I have found it to be the programed a little differently than other modules.

Hawkeye..

For timing look in the sataik"modulename.lua. close to the end of the file you will see "tnext = tnext + .385 (OR other numerical value.) Change that value.

The more fips the higher the value needed. Try increments of .005 (some modules need more time than others).

Any other questions let me know.

Also, I will suss out the known issues and soon will have a set up that will be more flexible.

Hawkeye..

For timing look in the sataik"modulename.lua. close to the end of the file you will see "tnext = tnext + .385 (OR other numerical value.) Change that value.

The more fips the higher the value needed. Try increments of .005 (some modules need more time than others).

Any other questions let me know.

Also, I will suss out the known issues and soon will have a set up that will be more flexible.

Thanks. After see your work I am thinking on purchase the FIP

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Can't get a link with MFD, looking for old FIP drivers?

I just want to add something that may have been included in here, at least I hope it has.

TL;DR: You need the FSX MFD Drivers to properly establish a link with the MFD's directoutput for ANY MFD related program/plugin. Unless my computer was serious screwed up, noting worked without the FSX drivers and right after installing them everything worked instantly.

SYNOPSIS: I have come to the conclusion that the current 7_0_53_6 drivers (at least the x64 arch release) does not include the sufficient drivers (or some related process involving installation or identification of said drivers) for a properly functioning MFD when used without the FSX MFD driver installation.

This current OS that I'm running hadn't been able to establish a link with the MFD. All the original programs that had worked before were no longer working. Everything from 3rd party user made apps to the SDK's test.exe.

I was starting to think that the newest drivers nuked the MFD directoutput because of this. Then I got a stupid idea. I thought that it would been a good idea to test out the FSX MFD as that is the flagship advertisement as far as the x52 pro and the MFD so I was thinking that if this doesn't work then that further corroborates my theory.

After installing the FSX drivers from saitek and testing them out in FSX (success) I tried everything and it all of a sudden it worked. PRESTO!.

So I have two things to say.

I sort of remember reading somewhere that it had to be installed first but as far as I can tell it isn't blatantly advertised and I certainly didn't remember it. They can't expect every owner to have FSX now can they?

I am certain that I read on Raptor007's website that a certain version x.x.x.x of the saitek drivers could only be found within one version of the FIP drivers (actually not listed on Saitek FTP and only found on original CD). This is for the old SD6 drivers just in case you all wanna use your old MFD programs. IL-2 1946 still big boss. Damn backwards compatibility!! Why aren't you a bigger priority!

The Saitek FTP driver archive contains almost every version of every driver they've ever released, but they left out the Flight Instrument Panel SD6 drivers that shipped on the CD. These drivers also include DirectOutput 6.6 support for the X52 Pro, although you'll have to install the X52 Pro SD6 (6.2) driver first.

Download Saitek FIP Drivers 6.6.1.40 32-bit.exe

Download Saitek FIP Drivers 6.6.1.40 64-bit.exe

Edited by hAirypAulsAck

• 4 weeks later...

Well, it has been awhile since I posted anything.

I decided to change things a little after looking at the F5E module.

It seems to be a bit redundant to add all of the cockpit gauges to the scripts.

I am now going to update all scripts to only contain gauges that are hard to see and/or are interactive.

For example I will remove the airspeed gauge in the KA50 and keep the HSI, so that the fips will provide access to the knobs and switches. I will also add radio control functions to the fips.

This will reduce the number of pages needed and reduce the needed to cram so many gauges into a small screen.

I will create one package to contain all of the changed gauge set and leave the current ones up for now. (I will upload F5E gauge set I had been working on in similar fashion as before, then make the changes.)

I will also include x52 pro to be interactive as best as possible.

Edited by algerad3
forgot x52 pro news.

• 2 weeks later...

Back in the saddle?

I decided to try something different. I am now in the process of moving this project off of the saitek dll and on to the passerelle dll. F5e gauges will be delayed. (I might release on saitek dll as it is almost done).

I would rather focus on the Passerel scripting as I can do what I wanted to do in the first place (I think).

The attached pics should offer a hint or two.....:music_whistling::book:

DSC_0488.thumb.JPG.8eb6ff3f93a0b9aeadd8050c3faa6d71.JPG

DSC_0487.thumb.JPG.ce3f438d0d3e9a2d55e3990eb0dcf2d0.JPG

DSC_0491.thumb.JPG.2147968378741bb393a914387081df30.JPG

The attached pics should offer a hint or two.....music_whistling.gifbook.gif

This looks excellent!

Watching this thread.

Thanks

A big thank you and shout out to Chrilith!!!!

I am on my way to seeing my biggest goal happen !!!!!

A little live action demo.

Got the Shkval going as well (needs to be hooked up)

Camera skills suck ( I know, but I will get more practice as I proceed with this project.):poster_oops:

Edited by algerad3
Big thanks to Chrilith

• 2 weeks later...

As stated before, I am working on displaying mfcds (radar,abris, schval etc) on the fips. You will need to export the mfcds to the monitor. Now would be a good time to peruse this post: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=89282&highlight=Multi+monitor .

If you do not want to display items on your "gamespace" and have a tablet or smart phone, try this free app ( I am using it ) http://spacedesk.ph/

Don't worry about lag on spacedesk...Mine lags a little but the fips ( for some reason) does not lag and captures the content faster than spacedesk receives the info.

Cleaning up gauge art and adding mfcds with button interactions for ka 50 and a-10.

Pics above as well as video.

Are you concious that is the worst tutorial

Good morning,

i've tried to let it work but the tutorial is awful..

There are not indicated the file in the specified steps, everything is give for granted.

For me a tutorial must be easy to be applied...

Here it is the first of many.

To start the scripting,double click on CPIAS.luac.

New : start screen. WHen you start the script you will see a start screen on the fips or "initializing" on the X-52pro. As the script connects to DCS you will see a progress message. When you start the sim you will be alerted to select page/gauge.

After exiting a mission, the script will reopen the socket and allow you to start a new mission without having to restart the script manually.

:smartass:

Sorry i'm not the best it expert i had followed your istruction but it still doesn't work because i cannot find cpias.luac...

sorry

My mistake !!!

SaitekStart is the script to click. ( it is the same as Cpias .luac, just not compiled.)

I thought I updated the zip file.

As soon as I finish my current script changes I will work on cleaning up this thread and all zip files as well as post a pdf manual.

My mistake !!!

SaitekStart is the script to click. ( it is the same as Cpias .luac, just not compiled.)

I thought I updated the zip file.

As soon as I finish my current script changes I will work on cleaning up this thread and all zip files as well as post a pdf manual.

Followed your istructions i have the latest fip drivers but it doesen't work, could it be related to a 32 bit version of lua?

When a click on saitek start the script immediately close and my x52 pro display doesn't show anything..