C-17a Skin 62nd Airlift Wing

uscstaylor

OK Guys I cant post the pack until I get this solved. I have all the other skins 5 in all ready but I can seem to get rid of the black square where the flag once was. As soon as I can find a solution Ill post...If anyone has any ideas Id love to hear it...Thanks

Screen_170515_195320.jpg

Screen_170515_195846.jpg

Screen_170515_195803.jpg

Try the same as for the F-16? Create a patch for that spot?

(

Not sure how this works with the Heavy AI aircraft...)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Try this, might work

livery = {

{"texture C17-OKRAS.bmp f2 g0",0,"C17-OKRAS-whatever.bmp",false};

{"texture nomera.tga f2 g0",0,"empty.tga",true};

{"texture USAF.tga f2 g0",0,"empty.tga",true};

}

name = "C17 whatever"

countries = {"USA","UK"}

Edited by crazyeddie

OK, Will give it a try Eddie, thanks buddy!

Update this is what I have from Vamp!

livery = {

{"texture c130-fon+flag.bmp f2 g0",0,"empty.tga",true};

{"texture C17-OKRAS.bmp f2 g0",0,"C17-OKRAS-RAF.bmp",false};

{"texture C17-OKRAS.bmp f2050 g0",0,"C17-OKRAS-RAF.bmp",false};

{"texture nomera.tga f2 g0",0,"empty.tga",true};

{"texture USAF.tga f2 g0",0,"empty.tga",true};

}

I did have the flag there but after using this description in the LAU file it now shows the black square..Not sure how to get rid of it....Any other ideas....I could send you what I have if needed.

Edited by uscstaylor

This gets a bit trickey !!

Checking my temp texturers folder all I have in there is an empty.png file, no empty.tga, but my liveries file has empty.tga in it as above, and the flag is gone leaving just the aircraft skin colour. You can just see the shape of the texture file, so its reading a texture file of some kind.

So, try this, pull out a copy of the file c130-fon+flag.bmp and plate over the flag bit in the same base colour as the C17 airframe of it then drop that in your temp textures folder, flag gone.

That's what I appear to have done, the only drawback being it removes that texture from the US C130 skins as well, but in that case I painted the flags back on where I wanted to and used empty in the description where I wanted the flag removed for the C130.

The empty tga and png files do not appear to work on the C17, might be something to do with the age of the model, its original and very ancient after all.

You could also try putting an empty.tga and an empty.png file in the temp textures folder and try both of those in the desc.lua. As the game evolved the skinning methods got more varied, some things work in one update but not the next, then they would stop working, then they would work again, I gave up trying to keep up. Sometimes they work with .png added to the desc lua, sometimes you have to drop the .png or the .tga bit, you end up pulling your hair out trying to figure out whats working in this update in this version, and all three versions of the game can be different.

Otherwise its easy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by crazyeddie

OK I'll look for the file "c130-fon+flag.bmp" and make the grey color of the airframe then place it in the livery folder and in the description file I'll name it to false so it reads from the folder. Let see if that works...

If that don't wotk then Ill try putting an empty.tga and an empty.png file in the temp textures folder. Cross your finger Big ED...

Edited by uscstaylor

Well I was able to follow Vamp's info and did get it working but there's one very small black line on the RAF tail that I cant seem to get. Its not part of the c130 flag bmp. I will release the pack tonight and if anyone can find a solution to it then please have at it...Enjoy

https://www.mediafire.com/?1uq3028izkgj9qt

Screen_170518_220559.jpg

Edited by uscstaylor

• 1 year later...