VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Great question, I had found the radio noises from BMS for use in DCS, which I use in TS3 for mic clicks, I would love to be able to use these same noises (for consistency) in VoiceAttack/VAICOM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe Hollywood could compile a pack of squelches and other beeps as he did with the chatter? :)

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat

Hey vaicom pro users...

because i have problems to know all the commands,

i have put the commands from the last pages from the manuel and implemented them for kneeboard.

if somebody got the same problem and want to use a sneek peak from the kneeboard its is posible after you ectract these files to the kneeboard folder at

C:\Users\Gebruiker\Saved Games\DCS\Kneeboard

or

C:\Users\Gebruiker\Saved Games\DCS.openalpha\Kneeboard

i am not a pro, its the first time i am doing this, but here at my pc it works :)

:pilotfly:

edit... i made the kneeboard pages bigger so the text is more readable in vr

vaicom kneeboard.zip

Edited by _schepper_

Used the Kneeboard Builder to create the exact same thing a few days ago, great tool to have in VR

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Carry on from #95 - Ok, figured out that I had not said the correct phrase for taxi request, when I added request taxi to runway I got the correct response so now will go back to the dialogues lists and make sure I am saying the correct phrases. Still struggling with the response to the radio check though, its an "other menu" F10 menu so I checked the import F10 in preferences and then hit the Finish button to save changes and get the new words on the clipboard, opened VA to edit the AI Communications, do I have to copy the clipboard into each line of AI Communications or is there a way to do the whole group in one go cuz thats a big list!

Hollywood, nice work! I've got 2.5 Pro working in DCS (recognizes my commands :)), but the issue I am having is I cannot open the the plugin configuration window with LCtrl+LAlt+C. I've tried using my keyboard several times and the virtual keyboard with and without DCS running and the pop up window does not appear.

Is there another way to open the plugin configuration window? Thanks!

[sIGPIC] "GOONIE" [/sIGPIC]

"GOONIE"

CSG-1 VFA-25

Hey capt - do you have the correct profile loaded?

Also check if no other app (eg TrackIR) is stealing keys and that in VA keyboard inputs are enabled, the keyboard icon in VA window must not contain the red inhibit symbol. PM inbound.

[EDIT] SOLVED: keyboard shortcuts were disabled in VA.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

Downloaded and installed VA (1.6.9) and VIACOM Pro 2.5 today.

Installed VIACOMPRO in the Apps folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\Apps\VIACOMPRO)

Imported VAICOM PRO for DCS World.vap.

Configured my Warthog Throttle as Joystick 1.

VA seems to recognize my HOTAS buttons by the look of the output window in VA (and the squelch sound).

But none of my commands are getting recognized. I get no response in VA or in DCS.

In VAICOM Preferences' Keyword Editor, Windows Speech Recognition can hear my keywords and VA recognizes different keywords with high confidence.

I have tried all three DCS versions but nothing happens when I issue my commands.

For example in A-10C (a two-ship):

1. MIC button down (UHF)

VA says:

Joystick: 'Transmit TX2 press'

Listening resumed

2. I say: Two, close formation (nothing happens)

3. MIC button release:

VA says:

Joystick: 'Transmit TX2 release'

Listening suspended

Nothing happens. No confirmation sound or beep other than the squelch when I press and release the joystick button.

It seems that you need to do a manual install, check page 33 of the User Manual. If you have placed your DCS World or Saved Games in a non-standard location automatic configuration will not work and you need to install lua files manually.

Also check your microphone input device setting for VoiceAttack.

Have a look and PM me if you need help.

[EDIT] SOLVED: there was an issue with microphone input device.

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

This has happened the last two days...I have to tap my PTT button (in this case TX1) after receiving the confirmation beep for a command in order to get it to enter into DCS.

For example:

- I tap "TX1" and hear the static

- I say "Chief, Enfield 1-1, request engine start"

- I hear the confirmation beep and see the code come through VA

- No command is executed in DCS

- I have to tap TX1 again, and then the command goes through to DCS

Here is the debug stuff from doing this, twice in a row - I have bolded the part where the command actually went through to DCS:

1:53:29 PM - Listening suspended

1:53:28 PM - Joystick : 'Transmit TX1 release'

1:53:28 PM - Listening resumed

1:53:28 PM - Joystick : 'Transmit TX1 press'

1:53:27 PM - Listening suspended

1:53:27 PM - Joystick : 'Transmit TX1 release'

1:53:26 PM - TX1 | COMM2: [ Nellis AFB ],[ ],[ ] Request Engines Start [ ] [ ]

1:53:26 PM - Recognized : 'request engines start' (Confidence 95)

1:53:24 PM - (awaiting additional input)

1:53:24 PM - Recognized : 'nellis' (Confidence 96)

1:53:22 PM - Listening resumed

1:53:22 PM - Joystick : 'Transmit TX1 press'

1:53:20 PM - Listening suspended

1:53:20 PM - Joystick : 'Transmit TX1 release'

1:53:19 PM - (awaiting additional input)

1:53:19 PM - Recognized : 'Nellis request engine start' (contains 'nellis') (Confidence 77)

1:53:13 PM - Listening resumed

1:53:13 PM - Joystick : 'Transmit TX1 press'

1:52:19 PM - opening Configuration window

1:52:19 PM - Shortcut : 'Configuration'

1:51:31 PM - Listening suspended

1:51:31 PM - Joystick : 'Transmit TX1 release'

1:51:31 PM - Listening resumed

1:51:31 PM - Joystick : 'Transmit TX1 press'

1:51:30 PM - Listening suspended

1:51:30 PM - Joystick : 'Transmit TX1 release'

1:51:29 PM - TX1 | COMM2: [ Crew ],[ ],[ ] Request Rearming [ ] [ ]

1:51:29 PM - Recognized : 'request rearming' (Confidence 94)

1:51:27 PM - (awaiting additional input)

1:51:27 PM - Recognized : 'chief' (Confidence 96)

1:51:25 PM - Listening resumed

1:51:24 PM - Joystick : 'Transmit TX1 press'

1:51:21 PM - Player 104cdt_Buckeye at unit callsign Colt21 module AV-8BNA Harrier

1:51:21 PM - Entered new DCS mission | F99th-Ticket 2 Creech

1:51:21 PM - Plugin 'VAICOM PRO 2.5' initialized.

1:51:21 PM - Ready for commands.

1:51:21 PM - Initializing..

1:51:21 PM - Press LCtrl+LAlt+C for config.

1:51:21 PM - VAICOM PRO for DCS World. License: PRO

1:51:21 PM - Plugin support enabled.

edit: I should add that both yesterday and today, restarting my computer completely resolved the issue.

@Bucks Not seen it before but will keep an eye out if I can reproduce

I have narrowed the issue down...this occurs only when I fly in the 104th server on 1.5.8

I voice the command, VA/VAICOM recognizes it and I hear the confirmation beep...but nothing happens. If I tap the "/" for the F-comms menu once or twice, it then finally executes in DCS.

Hollywood, can you take a look when you have a second and see if you're able to use VAICOMPRO with no issues in the 104th, please?

Edited by =Buckeye=

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

It also occasionally tells me there is no recipient available for Crew, too?

It's almost like VAICOM isn't accumulating the proper server info upon loading in?

5:04:51 PM - There are currently no Crew recipients available.

Edited by =Buckeye=

VR Cockpit (link):

VR Rig:

Yeah, I’m getting this too (I’ll check again tomorrow for others). In fact most of the time I’m getting (mostly) the correct response in Voiceattack and on screen (when I have menus enabled) including the correct beeps but getting no response from tanker or ATC. Easy comms is on. Had it working just how I liked it in version 2 as well so maybe I’ve missed a step somewhere

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

@Bucks Multiplayer is a beta feature. Not everything will work with every MP server as they can do a lot of things in non-standard ways. If you get no crew this simply means that the MP server is saying your status is airborne. If that's incorrect then the fault is with the server. I'll do a test run with the 104 at some point.

@Capt thanks for the update dude :thumb:

[EDIT] SOLVED: keyboard shortcuts were disabled in VA.

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

It turned out VA didn't hear my microphone and Asus Sonic Studio 3 was the culprit.

When I uninstalled Sonic Studio everything started to work as expected.

I have now tested out VAICOM and it works like a charm. Very convenient to work with. A little voice recognition training I think helps (I'm not sure how much though) and now most of the keywords are recognized.

A stellar application. Worth every cent.

Thanks for your effort, Hollywood.

Many thanks Hollywood_315, I bought the license two days ago. Very good work. I'm still training and memorizing the commands. I had the same problem that had _schepper_ with the F-5 during the startup, but with your update was solved. Thank you very much for the concern in after sales. I still have a question, open and close the canopy in the F-5 works? I have not managed to make it work, even though the commands are accepted by ground crew with "COPY".

Thank you very much

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900KF CPU @ 3.70GHz   3.70 GHz ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING
RAM 128 M.2*2 2T total SSD*3 2.5T total
GeForce RTX 3090   Orion2 HOTAS F-16EX  Saitek Pro Rudder

Is anyone having issues when you switch aircraft and then refresh in the PTT configure window? My install only recognizes the initial aircraft and have to alt-tab and restart Viacom to get a new Tx configuration. Hollywood and I have been trying to figure it out as well..

Is anyone having issues when you switch aircraft and then refresh in the PTT configure window? My install only recognizes the initial aircraft and have to alt-tab and restart Viacom to get a new Tx configuration. Hollywood and I have been trying to figure it out as well..

Yes, sometimes. I also have the issue when I switch from 2.2 to 1.5 in the same session.

VR Cockpit (link):

VR Rig:

Hi, I am using the latest VoiceAttack and the VAICOM 2.0. I used to have them mostly working however recently I have been having a hard time to get simple commands like "two, engage" or "weapons free" working. something like "two cover me" would work most of the time, but not every time. A lot of time it will tell me "recipient error", which I didn't have before.

The only change on my part was I upgraded from DCS 2.0 to 2.2, as well as the installation of the Oculus Rift.

Could someone give me some hints of where I should look?

Thank you in advance.

• Like 1

Hi wingshigh

Please note that VAICOM 2.0 is now superseded by VAICOM PRO 2.5.

The FREE version will give you improved functionality with roughly the same module coverage as 2.0.

You are strongly advised to migrate to the new version, download it from here:

http://www.vaicompro.com/downloads.html

As general note: carefully check the audio input device used by VoiceAttack.

For the Rift also inspect in Windows if AGC (Auto Gain Control) is enabled in the Properties of the recording device.

Needless to say you need to wear the Rift HMD or have the headset very close for the microphone to have sufficient input signal.

Feel free to send me a PM if you need more help.

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

Just to be a stickler....... no aviator would say "ready for take-off". In fact, the term take-off is reserved for a clearance by ATC. "HAWG 11, Wind is xxx/xx, Runway YY, you are cleared for take-off. This was changed some years ago due to mis-understandings and subsequent incidents.

The correct ICAO (and military) phrase would be (ZZ TWR, HAWG 11, Ready for Departure).

@Hollywood.. thx for the help. It worked.

[sIGPIC]If you are still under control you are not going fast enough[/sIGPIC]

"Ready for departure" voice command cues the "Ready for takeoff" command in DCS...so VAICOM has it right

VR Cockpit (link):

VR Rig: