Panavia Tornado

Shaman

So thats the death of that project then ,scratch one tornado imo !

no offence but the whole point of 3d modding , with the released import tools etc - is precisely to NOT submit stuff to ED for their approval -unless of course you specifically made it for free for ED to have for Black Shark etc ?

I am posting this comment ASSUMING that the Tornado was for Lock On , and that me and others were expecting obviously wrongly , that this was to be a free download for LO , once the project was finished ?

There is no "Whole Point" to modeling. He can do whatever he wants with the model. You should never do any ASSUMING around here. You might hurt yourself.

Anyway, its for the best that it moved onto ED. His artwork will live forever in a product from ED, hopefully BS. It should be an honor to have your hard earned time shown in a sim, instead of sitting on an upload site just waiting to for the next download.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so why make an 11 page thred out of a 3d model , on a 3d modding forum sub section of LO , if the community is not going to be able to get / download it ?, and ED have the say over its future - thats just Great imo !

Does it say on this thred - hey guys look what i am making - and oh by the way don't get excited , becoz it may never see the light of day , becoz its going to Ed first ?

sorry but am i the only one who kinda feels cheated ?

Is this some kind of wind up or mind fook ?

I will ASSUME it is , and that the WHOLE POINT was to peeve people off - and it worked !

The community will get it when black shark is released. ED don't have a say over its future because they'll love it for sure, we can all safely say its a vast improvement over the current model. Gys is being modest.

There was no intention of 'peeving' people off, its for the community and the game.

The benefits are that the model is packaged with the game properly, people needn't ask 'hey, where'd you get that model?' and the author's name goes in the credits and he helps promote a great game by adding additional content to it, and that means a lot to people.

I might be intrusive with this next comment but you yourself Troffmeister are guilty of peeving others off. Your excellent Tupolev model didn't get finished because the community was unable to help you (which was a shame) yet you still went on to make a theatrical tragedy of not being able to release the model and would have to hand it over to a better more appreciative community (namely ArmA). That is your choice and it is fair, but many of your posts make a point of reminding us of our loss over your model so don't accuse others of peeving people off.

I think you're going ballistics without reason Troff... How about your Mr Blackjack project? Why would this be any different? As it is now we have good chances to see the new Tornado in BS, as opposed to Mr Blackjack, who apparently will "maybe" show up in ArmA only...

...so in this respect it appears Mr Blackjack may well be Lo dead - i may offer the 3dmodel to the ARMA community instead , with reduced undercarriage etc - seeing as i will be investigating ARMA as my first new game on my new rig - had Arma since it came out , never been able to play it on my old existing rig !

Hmmm...

As i said i am shipping out of here soon re playing Lo for a while , so i will take it somewhere else - as i said if Arma turns out to be as good as i hope - i may want to donate some models over to that community to add in )

I will just accept the situation as is now , and accept its time for me to move along

Meh. Sorry man but I think doing a little bit too much here.

=ACU=Tech

TECH Systemes

Computer 1 Computer 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

so why make an 11 page thred out of a 3d model , on a 3d modding forum sub section of LO , if the community is not going to be able to get / download it ?, and ED have the say over its future - thats just Great imo !

Does it say on this thred - hey guys look what i am making - and oh by the way don't get excited , becoz it may never see the light of day , becoz its going to Ed first ?

sorry but am i the only one who kinda feels cheated ?

Is this some kind of wind up or mind fook ?

I will ASSUME it is , and that the WHOLE POINT was to peeve people off - and it worked !

Naaa, I am sure he did it to peeve you and only you off.

WHATEVER !

yep it does peeve me off - i have my own opinion and i don't follow the herd like many of your around here .

Very clever to turn it around and jump on my case !

for your info - if you care to read the tech forum - i have had a very bad experience over the last month securing a new pc - i am on an athlon 1900 here with a geforce 4 3d card - so i need a new pc badly - on thursday i am collecting my new rig ,1st new pc in 7 years - so as i said on thursday onwards - i will not be doing Lo - or 3d modelling - i will be doing 10 hours video conversion - followed by pc gaming of so many titles - too many to list - yes ARMA is 1st gaming visit - seeing as i have had the box for nearly 1 year and can't play it - only seen youtube videos etc -and yes maybe i will offer some models over to that community in time - maybe , my choice !

i have clearly told the community , i am off with a new pc to play different stuff- the Blackjack is there still available in accordance with the original thred and the terms and conditions i made before - is that so bad for me to bump it up and remind you before i go !

if you want to read something else into me being pissed about the tornado , that is not there , or the fact that i am leaving , and you people collectively failed to take up my offer and hard work on the Blackjack , then fair enough thats your problem not mine .

WHATEVER !

yep it does peeve me off - i have my own opinion and i don't follow the herd like many of your around here .

Very clever to turn it around and jump on my case !

for your info - if you care to read the tech forum - i have had a very bad experience over the last month securing a new pc - i am on an athlon 1900 here with a geforce 4 3d card - so i need a new pc badly - on thursday i am collecting my new rig ,1st new pc in 7 years - so as i said on thursday onwards - i will not be doing Lo - or 3d modelling - i will be doing 10 hours video conversion - followed by pc gaming of so many titles - too many to list - yes ARMA is 1st gaming visit - seeing as i have had the box for nearly 1 year and can't play it - only seen youtube videos etc -and yes maybe i will offer some models over to that community in time - maybe , my choice !

i have clearly told the community , i am off with a new pc to play different stuff- the Blackjack is there still available in accordance with the original thred and the terms and conditions i made before - is that so bad for me to bump it up and remind you before i go !

if you want to read something else into me being pissed about the tornado , that is not there , or the fact that i am leaving , and you people collectively failed to take up my offer and hard work on the Blackjack , then fair enough thats your problem not mine .

Well thank you for informing me that I am clever. I appreciate your concern at the fact that I acually think sometimes. I am still trying to figure out how your trouble with your computer is relevant to this thread topic, but I shall no long inquire into your post and instead drop my conversion with you here. I wish you well in all your troubles, whatever they may be.

Signing Out (of this thread)

The model with textures has been transfered to ED. It's Accepted. It's further fate is unknown.

Congratulations! I hope to see it included in 1.2 Black Shark, and I believe you have same hopes as me.

Well... if it happens that your Tornado model won't be included in new LO version, what is your plan to do it with it then?

Don't forget to post final screenies.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Congratulations! I hope to see it included in 1.2 Black Shark, and I believe you have same hopes as me.

Well... if it happens that your Tornado model won't be included in new LO version, what is your plan to do it with it then?

Don't forget to post final screenies.

I think my english too bad. Our model confirmed by ED.

And thanks :)

2 all and specially 2 Troffmeister

We never could finish model without ED. Tornado has on-wing pilons. And this a very big problem.

Yes, they rotate as wing sweep changes. Also I believe ED can include full visual damage model. Remember problem with Walmis F-15? It didn't include bullet holes and such.

Anyway it would be great if you guys can give us few screenies of your completed project (including wireframe shot).

How about F-111F now? :thumbup:

Best regards,

Shaman

tail# 44 or 444

You are very talented modelers guys. You should do this for living!

The nose of a/c looks so smooth and shiny. Great job overall! This aircraft truly deserved this visual upgrade.

If I won't see your Tornado model in LO 1.2 and your names in the credits, I'll get mad :] You definately put a lot of time and effort in this project.

tail# 44 or 444