Introducing the DFDT Cockpit Project

Joe Kurr

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well wasserfall,

i have studied the lockon manual from the beginning to the damn last site, need more than 2 Weeks xD, but I can't understand how you read all the functions out :P

Did you think about an own project Website for this amazing Work?

It would be a good idiea to display the project better and without, "sorry" , these Komments. And i think, its the only thing to publish it as it has to be published.

Greez

PS: Omg my english is sleeping, sorry for the mistakes but I'm yust a German^^

Well wasserfall,

i have studied the lockon manual from the beginning to the damn last site, need more than 2 Weeks xD, but I can't understand how you read all the functions out :P

Did you think about an own project Website for this amazing Work?

It would be a good idiea to display the project better and without, "sorry" , these Komments. And i think, its the only thing to publish it as it has to be published.

Greez

PS: Omg my english is sleeping, sorry for the mistakes but I'm yust a German^^

If there is enough interrest, i could make a Illustrator (or .EPS,DXF,PDF,Coreldraw) file of the whole panel including the Cyrllic text and some explanation of the switches etc. but note that not all funcions of the warninglights, switches are known yet

(would be a large file though).

Please let me know

Cheers!!

Wasserfall

Intel Core i5-9600K, Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 WINDFORCE 8G

Sh*#, so I'll have to buy a crappy, expensive Stick (Cougar) just to get this beauty!

:doh: :joystick: :music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

Sh*#, so I'll have to buy a crappy, expensive Stick (Cougar) just to get this beauty!

:doh: :joystick: :music_whistling:

Eh,.. i think so, at least for now (i use a X52pro and not planning to buy a Cougar too)

But maybe there will be complete stick in the future, ask HPO or JoeKurr!!

See you at the LLTM,

Wasserfall

Intel Core i5-9600K, Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 WINDFORCE 8G

LOL!!!

Or I try to get it on my 52pro by myself! ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

Or I try to make a "plug" that is compatible with the X52 or other. :smilewink:

But I do know nothing about the electronics of the X52.

It was the plan from the beginning to sell the grip as a kit, so you can buy what ever piece you want, or a complete painted one, what ever you want.

I hope it will not be a complete logistical nightmare that way :music_whistling:, but we will see.

CU :joystick:

It was the plan from the beginning to sell the grip as a kit, so you can buy what ever piece you want, or a complete painted one, what ever you want.

I hope it will not be a complete logistical nightmare that way :music_whistling:, but we will see.

I could help you out.

http://www.leftside-limited.com/flightstick_extension.html

I have one quick question... will this stick be able to have more then 20° rotation? Maybe something like 25°?

Hmm,... well no,.. not with this design at the moment.

Why,..do you think 20° is not enough? I've measured the angle of the white stripe on a top view photo (and I mean really top view :)), and that was 20°, do you have any additional or better info :)

I'm always open for suggestions.

Thanks for the link :), but I couldn't see how the electronics inside the stick are made, I've got standalone buttons in my design that have to be connected to a PCB somehow. Do the buttons of a X52 have a PCB on the back or are they also standalone buttons that have wires to a PCB?

Why,..do you think 20° is not enough? I've measured the angle of the white stripe on a top view photo (and I mean really top view :)), and that was 20°, do you have any additional or better info :)

I'm always open for suggestions.

Tell you what, from looking at the handle in su-27 cockpit (in game) and looking at the way my arm would be if I was to hold a stick located between my legs, I always thought it would be something around 30deg. Just now I measured the angle of the while line and the stick front and I've measured 29.4deg aprox which now makes me believe the stick realy is actually rotated 30deg not 20deg.

If you want to check please use modman cdds utility and extract "RUCHKA-SU25.BMP" image located in /bazar/world/CockpitsTexturesBMP.cdds file.

Once you extract it, you can measure pretty acurately the angle between white line and stick centreline (for that you can use those trim arrows).

No longer active in DCS...

I think the majority owns the X52, as it is more affordable than the CH and Cougar. Making a plug for X52, if possible, will meet the most demand.

Heck, if you can, make a Black Shark Cyclic plug for the X52. That would be swell!

Tell you what, from looking at the handle in su-27 cockpit (in game) and looking at the way my arm would be if I was to hold a stick located between my legs, I always thought it would be something around 30deg. Just now I measured the angle of the while line and the stick front and I've measured 29.4deg aprox which now makes me believe the stick realy is actually rotated 30deg not 20deg.

If you want to check please use modman cdds utility and extract "RUCHKA-SU25.BMP" image located in /bazar/world/CockpitsTexturesBMP.cdds file.

Once you extract it, you can measure pretty acurately the angle between white line and stick centreline (for that you can use those trim arrows).

Hi,....yes I know that texture :), I've used that in the beginning; but now I've got a picture of the top of the stick (it's a pity that I am not allowed to post that picture), and on that picture I've measured 20deg.

But maybe it differs from plane to plane or from country to country, I don't know.

I will have a look at the design, maybe I can redesign it for more adjustability, smaller increments etc.

:joystick:

I think the majority owns the X52, as it is more affordable than the CH and Cougar. Making a plug for X52, if possible, will meet the most demand.

Heck, if you can, make a Black Shark Cyclic plug for the X52. That would be swell!

Hi,... yes I know the majority owns the X52, but I don't know if there is a market for a X52 add-on, the way we manufacture these parts is not a cheap way of manufacturing, there is still a lot of hand craft involved, and the series we produce aren't really that high.

In our company the majority of the parts we produce are just prototypes and small 0 series.

I really don't know what owners of a X52 want to pay for an add-on, we don't have a definite price yet, but I don't think they want to pay more for an add-on then for the stick it self, but I can be wrong off course.

:joystick:

I used the picture of the CDDS in LoMac and I personnaly measured 27 to 30°...:huh:

Maybe you should try to do so...

System Configuration: Windows 10 64bits, Intel I5-3570K, 8Go DDR3-1333Mhz, GeForce GTX 560Ti LE

DCS-FC3 Version 1.5.3

I used the picture of the CDDS in LoMac and I personnaly measured 27 to 30°...:huh:

Don't count on the texture files being accurate.

We compared the Lockon Su-27 stick to a picture I've got with roughly the same camera position, and there is a huge difference.

The white bar in Lockon is about half as wide as in real life.

The top-right screw is half-in and half-out of the white bar, offset to the right, in Lockon it is completely inside the white bar.

The bar's angle on the picture is a lot less than the bar in Lockon.

So this is why we rather don't use the texture files for reference ;)

Dutch Flanker Display Team | LLTM 2010 Tiger Spirit Award

Hi Maraudeur ,...like I wrote before,... I've used that texture in the beginning but the texture is not entirely correct, for starters, the white line does not completely cover de screw hole, it only covers it for 'two/fifth' in real life.

And it starts exactly in the middle, on top of the middle "bulge" not a little to the left of it like on the texture.

I've got photo's with tape measures along the stick, so I can draw a physical correct flightstick, and 20 degrees is what the photo's tell me.

I hope this explanes better what I meant earlier :)

Don't count on the texture files being accurate.

We compared the Lockon Su-27 stick to a picture I've got with roughly the same camera position, and there is a huge difference.

The white bar in Lockon is about half as wide as in real life.

The top-right screw is half-in and half-out of the white bar, offset to the right, in Lockon it is completely inside the white bar.

The bar's angle on the picture is a lot less than the bar in Lockon.

So this is why we rather don't use the texture files for reference ;)

LOL you posted right before me :lol: didn't see you post that, my typing is a little slow :music_whistling:

• Like 1