RadioMayak

crazysundog

OH yes, nice find, Now only question is will it play OGG or MP3, God I hope MP3, I can hear it now, bs 155 going in for attack, Roger wait one, Just need to tune into ride of the valkeries. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

OH yes, nice find, Now only question is will it play OGG or MP3, God I hope MP3, I can hear it now, bs 155 going in for attack, Roger wait one, Just need to tune into ride of the valkeries. :)

I think its ogg but im not sure (theres info on this somewhere), ogg has better compression and dynamic range i believe it more suitable for this.

There is a nice editing/conversion tool out there called audacity i used to edit/convert sounds for missions (in other games).

I think its ogg but im not sure (theres info on this somewhere), ogg has better compression and dynamic range i believe it more suitable for this.

There is a nice editing/conversion tool out there called audacity i used to edit/convert sounds for missions (in other games).

Cheers Heatseeker, For some reason I have Never managed to get OGG files working, I use converters for MP3 to OGG but no joy, I guess I will have to try again. :) Will have a look at Audacity, maybe that will work for me.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=563138&postcount=274

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=563511&postcount=276

RadioMayak_ReadMe.txt

You can place in this folder any music for listening broadcast Radio Mayak in Ka-50 cockpit with R-800 radio receiver (UHF-2, 125675 KHz, AM). The transmitter is installed in Maykop city.

After adding new sound files, you will need to delete the file named SampleDurationTable.lua located in the Sounds folder. When starting the next mission, it will generate automaticaly a new version of "SampleDurationTable.lua" with the updated information concerning your new sound file.

Supported both type of files OGG or WAV.

Note. OGG files at start cause the small FPS stutter in dependencies from size of the file. WAV files do not cause such appreciable stuttering.

This is actually pretty cool. I can see it now. Somebody in every MP mission will be tasked in guarding that radio station while someone else will be tasked with blowing it up.

You go through the trouble of get your broadcast set up right and them WHAM, AT-9 through the front door!!

I love the idea ED!

"The R-800L1 radio can also be used to tune the ADF to any broadcasting station, such as the commercial “Radio Mayak” in Maykop city. The DCS player can load audio files into specially assigned folders to be played when he tunes the radio to the frequency and modulation setting of the broadcasting station. The DCS radio physics model calculates every transmission in real time and determines the local signal strength according to numerous variables, including time of day (ionosphere effect), surface type (rough terrain, paved surface, water, etc.), distance to transmitter, transmitter power, etc. Because radio traffic is carried “live,” reception can be interrupted at any point by either natural or artificial interference, such as terrain topology or radio configuration."

Quote from the KA-50 main page

I'm assuming per this info, destroying the radio tower in Maytop City would be a natural interference...lol

OMG, is it ACTUALLY possible to destroy radio tower and stop radio transmitting in the game?!?! :unsure:

Yep.

And to more funny stuff. Try putting two stations at exactly the same long/lat. They will appear one above the another. And destroy the lower one. The higher hovers :lol:

ScreenShot_013-scaled.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Woahhh.....

knowing that we are going to be able to make some mission in wich radio maykop is under enemy control and spreading propaganda messages to reduce the enemys moral.

And our task is to destroy such evil emitters.

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic56197_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

AMD Phenom IIx4 955 Black Edition@3.2Ghz

Asus M4A785TD-M EVO 6Ghz DDR3 1033

NVidia Geforce GTX 570 hd1280 Mb GDDR5

It is possible to modify, alter the radio mayak station to other places?

Like Sochi, Anapa, etc, changing the LUA files and the radio frequency?

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Now all they need to do is allow it to stream internet radio instead of just stored songs ;)

Hey GG, thats just toying with us, GREAT Idea though :D Hey Ed Listen to GG, this guy knows what hes talking about. :)

Or is this a hint at another easter egg, 1st to find it wins a price.

A free flight in a Blackshark Simulator ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Question about the Lat/Long descriptions in the script below.

The question is..... what are the highlighted values because call me old fashioned but they don't look like typical Lat/Long values? i.e 42'10"27N and 42'29"56E :huh:

Scripts\World\Radio\Beacons.lua

Code:

beacons[167]={}

beacons[167]["name"]="Mayak"

beacons[167]["type"] = BEACON_BROADCAST_STATION

beacons[167]["position"]={}

beacons[167]["position"]["latitude"] = 44.744348

beacons[167]["position"]["longitude"] = 40.093099

beacons[167]["position"]["height"]=220.0

beacons[167]["position"]["course"]=0

beacons[167]["frequency"]=125675000.0

beacons[167]["power"]=1500.0

beacons[167]["modulation"]="AM"

beacons[167]["path"] = "RadioMayak"

~~~ Win7 64bit // i5 2500K @4.2Ghz // ASUS P8P67 Pro ~~~

~~~ H50 Cooler // 12GB 1600 DDR3 // EVGA GTX580 SC ~~~

~~~ TMW // Combat Pedals // TrackIR 4 ~~~

Question about the Lat/Long descriptions in the script below.

The question is..... what are the highlighted values because call me old fashioned but they don't look like typical Lat/Long values? i.e 42'10"27N and 42'29"56E :huh:

beacons[167]["position"]["latitude"] = 44.744348

beacons[167]["position"]["longitude"] = 40.093099

Converted to decimal.

42'10"27 would be 42 + 10/60 + 27/3600

(I think)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Converted to decimal.

42'10"27 would be 42 + 10/60 + 27/3600

(I think)

Yap, true.

LockOn SVK Squad bomber.

"Flight sim is not about to know everything about aircraft, but to know which button must be pressed in crucial time." - dead virtual pilot

• 2 weeks later...

the radio works great, but is there any way to turn it up. I've tried using lshift, lctrl and [ but no luck.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]