DEV's please fix this asap

sondo214

Dear DEVS, no need to say how much happy I am and regognition I give in your efort developing the uh-1. But please fix the inconsistency of engine EGT. It's not real that I can have stady 700 and more EGT and nothing happen to my engine. How can we get into the uh-1 pilots spirits when they were flying fully loaded and they could not pull as much torque as they would want because the first parameter that reached it's max limmits is the EGT? It's the first (90% cases) parameter that reaches it's max limits when flying a RL heli in extreme (as far power is concerned) conditions. The second that you will notice is the loss or RPM (if you don't catch fire and continue pulling torque). It's like flying a super heli... Personaly (used from RL) I check the EGT every 5-10 sec (plus every time i make torque changes) and then I always say to myself, don't bother, it will never catch fire, you can pull as much torque as you like! It's sad to fly the best heli sim ever and the no1 performance limit factor not be implemented yet...

Thanks for reading

Edited by sondo214

At sea level even with 0 degrees outside temp, and the heli fully loaded at hover you get 550 degrees and for lift off you reach 600-610 degrees easily. if you try to do the same in 15 degrees in reality if you do not pay close atention (not to overtemp) and really strive hard to lift off (skills required) you won't make it. Right now in the game you can easily set 45 degrees outside temp, fully load the heli and just aply full torque and there you go... not to talk taking off from an airfield with altitude couple of thousant feet that you have to pull even more torque... Total realism loss as for power management, that's what I try to say... Forgive me for being pain in the **s

Edited by sondo214

If you just think for a minute this simple thing (engine fire) that is not implemented what affects you will see how much it affects realism. Right now you do not have weight limits, you do not have realistick height performance limits, you do not have environmental (ambient temp) limits, you do not have max speed limits, you do not have maneuver limits, you do not have out of ground efect hover limits and much more. Because all these require torque, wich right now it,s wrongly available to us. Without it (as in reality) all these flight phases i just mentioned would call for lealistic handling and many off them would be impossible. For example fully loaded, 45 degrees air temp and hover o.g.e.

Totally agree with you.

The next step in realism with the Huey is the engine EGT as you are depicting.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

100% with you dude !

That's funny cause I had the same Idea yesterday when beginning the end of Chickenhawk, then had a nice online flight with Huey

In all DCS model, I assume the engine management is fine tuned to be as close to reality as possible ( KA-50, P-51 ... ) but this one seems to ignore real life mechanical constraints, you can apply full collective, as long as there is fuel in the tank,n you're good to go ...

Please change that BST, Huey has been called " released " for 1.2.7, but obviously, missing these crucial parameters can't really push it in the DCS line product ...

It's a challenging heli to fly ( I mean handle ) but way too easy to operate I think. Starting engine has improved since the addition of the idle release and twist grip stuff, but you still don't have to take care of oil temps etc. Seing a true T-53 simulation ( within reasonable limits of course ) would be a huge plus,

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPL(A)IR ME/SEP/MEP/SET - CPL(H)

• 3 months later...
Dear DEVS, no need to say how much happy I am and regognition I give in your efort developing the uh-1. But please fix the inconsistency of engine EGT. It's not real that I can have stady 700 and more EGT and nothing happen to my engine. How can we get into the uh-1 pilots spirits when they were flying fully loaded and they could not pull as much torque as they would want because the first parameter that reached it's max limmits is the EGT? It's the first (90% cases) parameter that reaches it's max limits when flying a RL heli in extreme (as far power is concerned) conditions. The second that you will notice is the loss or RPM (if you don't catch fire and continue pulling torque). It's like flying a super heli... Personaly (used from RL) I check the EGT every 5-10 sec (plus every time i make torque changes) and then I always say to myself, don't bother, it will never catch fire, you can pull as much torque as you like! It's sad to fly the best heli sim ever and the no1 performance limit factor not be implemented yet...

Thanks for reading

*bump*

I'm sorry? Did someone say "catch fire"?

High EGT does not lead to anything catching fire. It does however accelerate wear and risk of malfunction of the turbine.

so you haven't heard of hot start or even an engine that was melted, burnt or destroyed as a result of over temp? I agree with what you said about wear and malfunction, but it can also lead to catastrophic failure and fire.

HHC, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

http://1stcavdiv.conceptbb.com/

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi

I agree, also, the Hot start is modeled visually only, you can release the starter button before the N1 reach self sustained, and there is no damage to the engine. also, putting too much fuel in the startup or over torquing doing no damage, there is only an animation of a big flame from the exhaust when you put to much fuel, but not actual damage. also LTE is not modeled, because it's been said it's too complicated to model, but IMO, modeling it even in a simple SFM it's better than nothing.

Thx

• 8 months later...

Have tried ti model EGT damage to Huey with RL manual's 'Temps' & 'Times' limitations... Seems to work well...

Pull too much power for too long and you're practicing auto-rotations

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=142452

DSPALLASVI

ASUS Sabertooth X79 TUF Motherboard / Intel Core i7-3930K Unlocked Processor Six Core / Corsair CMP32GX3M4X1600C10 Dominator Memory Kit - 32GB (4x 8GB) / OCZ Solid 3 480GB Solid State Drive / EVGA GeForce GTX 670 FTW+ / Corsair CW-9060002-WW Hydro H70 CORE CPU Cooler / Seagate ST1000DM003 1TB Hard Drive / BenQ XL2420TX 24" Widescreen LED Gaming Monitor - 1920 x 1080 / Windows 7 Ultimate Edition, 64-bit / C-Tek 12-bit: Foot Pedals - Robinson Cyclic - 5-button-hat cyclic - Collective / TrackIR-5