Blackshark 2 upgrade won't activate

jers

Hi,

I have the BS2 upgrade version and it is asking me for my serial number to activate it, and I'm giving it the serial key from my email and from the Payments page on the e-store and I'm getting: The system requires the correct Serial Number of the application to perform this operation. The Serial Number entered is wrong or mistyped. Enter a valid Serial Number and try again.

I'm on Windows 8, all other modules are working fine.

Me too...

I also noticed that the version number on the download model for BS2 Upgrade had a 20 after the build number, but all the other moduals had a 19...

KA-50_bsupd_release_en_1.2.2.7122_20.exe

A-10C_release_en_1.2.2.7122_19.exe

FC3_release_en_1.2.2.7122_19.exe

CA_release_en_1.2.2.7122_19.exe

Windows 7 64Bit

DCS World 1.2.2.7122

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Shaken, stirred, snap frozen - twice, turned into a snowman and shaken some more.

Did u fix it, because I still have the problem

Win 10 64. GTX1080 ti 11 Gb, Intel i-5, 16 Gb ram, SSD 1,5 Tb, 2 Terrabyte HD, Monitor ASUS XG32V 144Hz, Slaw Milans Rudder Pedals BF109F :thumbup:, Joystick - HOTAS Warthog, Throttle - HOTAS Warthog, TrackIR V5. Pimax 5.

Same problem here, it seems.

Let's go to full description:

I had until yesterday :

- FC2

- BS(1, DVD, FR)

- A-10C 1.1 EN

- World 1.2.0 with A-10C and BS2upgrade (yes, 1.2.0 I never took the time to get to 1.2.1)

All installed/activated/OK

I did :

- uninstall World and its modules, and delete the SavedGames\DCS\ folder of my windows user

- keep FC2 (for latter allowing FC3)

- keep BS1 (for latter allowing BS2upgrade module)

- keep A-10C 1.1 stand alone (because I'm lazy)

I then :

- installed World 1.2.2 (full installer, not autoupdate from 1.2.1 cause I don't had 1.2.1)

- installed A-10C module => serial => activation OK

- installed FC3 module => new serial (yesterday night's purchase) => activation OK

- installed BS2 upgrade module (yes, the right one, yes I re-re-checked) => serial incorrect error, activation KO...

I saw the sticky from EtherealN.

I decided not to do that now, because :

1/ the provided reg file will delete all of ED reg keys...

--- What about my other activations? A-10C ? FC2 ? ...

--- What about other data in those keys (such as pathes)?

2/ I don't have an "invalid hardware code" error, but an "incorrect serial number" error.

I tried to :

- erase "only" the reg key for BS2 => no luck, it "just" removed my BS2 serial from the activation windows, if I retype it (copy/paste from ED's website), I still get the serial incorrect error, activation KO...

- unbind my BS2 serial from my account (multiplayer) => no luck (well, as I got the activation problem even in solo, was not a great chance but...)

My analysis so far : There is an issue with the protection/activation in BS2 Upgrade 1.2.2 module installer. I couldn't find a workaround so far. I don't want to try to erase all my ED products currently installed/activated to solve this issue.

I would aslo like to be considered : I bought BS1 when its got out, then BS2 upgrade. I considered to buy BS2 full to get rid of those problems, but really I don't feel like it for now... :cry:

Thanks in advance,

Az'

regkeysED.jpg.6f1150ba7acbb5d0d7a9277d217a32a4.jpg

Edited by Azrayen

spacer.png

Same problem here. Not installing the BS2 upgrade module at present as it keeps trying to activate BS2 (and denying) even if I want to run other modules.

Also deleting original lockon or standalone black shark 1 seems to eradicate the eagle dynamics folder in the start menu so you have no options to repair/autoupdate etc...

Edited by ///Rage

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

• ED Team

Posted BS2 Upgrade 1.2.2 module installer is wrong.

We will replace it with the correct one ASAP.

NOTE: If you had BS2 Upgrade module installed previously, the automatic updates do work correctly.

Only those who installed 1.2.2 module are affected.

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

Ok, so we wait....

Win 10 64. GTX1080 ti 11 Gb, Intel i-5, 16 Gb ram, SSD 1,5 Tb, 2 Terrabyte HD, Monitor ASUS XG32V 144Hz, Slaw Milans Rudder Pedals BF109F :thumbup:, Joystick - HOTAS Warthog, Throttle - HOTAS Warthog, TrackIR V5. Pimax 5.

Damn, to late again.....

I'm having this issue now. Just installed DCS World today (downloaded yesterday), and can't activate it with error message: "The system requires the correct Serial Number of the application to perform this operation. The Serial Number entered is wrong or mistyped. Enter a valid Serial Number and try again.".

Yet again, legitimate customers are being punished for wasting their money.

Yesterday, before I decided to update to DCS World, I had all of them working, A10C, BS2, FC2. Now can't get BS2 to run.

CPU: Intel i7 2770k 3.4GHzTB@ 4.3GHz

MB: P8Z77-V LE Z77 Socket 1155

Memory: Corsair 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 2000MHz XMS3

GFX: GeForce GTX 760 2GB

HD: Samsung 850 Pro SSD 256GBx2/830 Pro 128GB/WD1TB-BEx2

PSU: Antec TruePower Trio 800W

Monitor: 2x ASUS VE247 2ms 1920x1680 native

Input: Saitek X52 + Pro Flight Cessna Rudder/Wacom intuos tablet/3D Mouse/TrackIR 5

Sound: Logitech G35 Surround Headphones

I'm having this issue now. Just installed DCS World today (downloaded yesterday), and can't activate it with error message: "The system requires the correct Serial Number of the application to perform this operation. The Serial Number entered is wrong or mistyped. Enter a valid Serial Number and try again.".

Yet again, legitimate customers are being punished for wasting their money.

Yesterday, before I decided to update to DCS World, I had all of them working, A10C, BS2, FC2. Now can't get BS2 to run.

Two possible issues to check out. Wrong module (BS2 full module instead of upgrade?) or you need to download the latest file posted from the DCS website download modules section.

Re-download and install the BS2 upgrade module again. The version that worked for most is now on the website. The filename is

KA-50_bs1update_en_1.2.2.7122_23.exe

LOL with your "legitimate customers being punished" comment. I don't call this punishment I call it "funishment". Also maybe not the best approach for gleaning an answer to your query.;)

Anyway I hope this helps.

Out

• Like 1

As stated, updater gave correct versionb already.

Please verify version you have downloaded, since there was a mistaken upload of the wrong version. This has been corrected.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

BS2 DCS World 1.2.2 activation-code not recognized

As stated, updater gave correct versionb already.

Please verify version you have downloaded, since there was a mistaken upload of the wrong version. This has been corrected.

Well maybe I am just too dumb or the DCS World installation/upgrade/module-integration system is rubbish ...

After setting-up my new PC-rig I wanted to install my DCS stuff on that again...

First: started with DCS World ... all went well... runs like hell on my new I3570K :)

Then: installed A10C from DVD (V1.0) activation... no problem... update to 1.1.1.1 no problem ... tried to install World-module... f***ed-up 'cause meanwhile DCS World had pushed itself some version-numbers forward ... well searching the forums for a while brought a batch file that stepped it back ... then A10-module worked but as I run it, I had to give one more activation without notification... not so nice :/

Third: started installing BS 1 from DVD ... updated ... activated ... all without any problem

4th: installed online-baught download version of BS2 update to BS1 ... all went well... activation outsdide DCS World no problem at all...

5th: now tried to install World module ... went o.k. ... but when I tried to activate with the same activation key I got with my online purchase, it sudden stated that I have a wrong hardware key... hey folks nothing changed on my hardware - still the same new rig... well, some forum research again... maybe I took the wrong update installer... tried that with version...23 ... but now it tells me I have a wrong activation key...

tl/dr: folks you really have to get rid of that confusing system... securing your business with online activation is o.k. for me ... but your solution is crap ... maybe have a look at those folks at aerosoft how they do it or others like PMDG ...

I am little upset now, 'cause I have spend hours on installing, fixing, updating, fiddling with software incompatibilities etc. instead of enjoying your fantastic flight sim.

Hopefully you get along with some useful solution, soon - I have my hand right at my money box to buy that nice P-51 ... but until these problems persist I won't spend any more money, sorry.

Regards

Michael

... and I am no computer kid but I am used to complex pc-systems for years... little advice: you are really on the beginning of building up a really good flight simulation environment with great potential to grow - but you have to bring your systems together and fix that issues fast or you'll end where the great Janes series ended - that would be poor.

Primary for DCS and other flightsims: i9 12900K@default OC on MSI Z790 Tomahawk (MS-7D91) | 64 GB DDR5-5600 | Asus TUF RTX3090 Gaming OC | 1x 38"@3840x1600 | 1x 27"@2560x1440 | Windows10Pro64

Spoiler

Secondary: i7 11700k@5.1GHz on MSI Z590 Gaming Force MB| 64 GB DDR4-3200 | PowerColor RX6900XTU Red Devil | 1x 32"@2560*1440 + 1x24"@1980*1200 | Windows10Pro64

Backup: i7 6700K@4.8GHz | 64 GB DDR4-2400 | PowerColor RX5700XT Red Devil | SSD-500/1000GB | 1x49" 32:9 Asus X49VQ 3840x1080 | Windows10Pro64

Flightsim Input Devices: VPC: ACE2 Rudder / WarBRD Base / T-50CM2 Base with 50mm ext. / Alpha-R, Mongoos T-50CM, WarBRD and VFX Grip / T-50CM3 Throttle | VPC Sharka-50 + #2 Controle Panel | TM Cougar MFD-Frames| Rift S - Secondary: TM HOTAS WARTHOG/Cougar Throttle+Stick, F-18-Grip | TM TPR Rudder | DelanClip/PS3-CAM IR-Tracker

after some more intensive research in the forum I found and tried that registry fix: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.co...ation_data.reg. That did it now - but I lost 2 more activations for A10 and BS2 sad.gif - I think DCS should really change their registration system soon, because it seems to cause a lot of unnecessary trouble for their paying custumers - maybe it would be better if everyone could register its products directly in an online-system that crosschecks some hardware-hash and leave that registry stuff in windows...

Regards

Michael

Edit: DCS World now works with all my modules ... but instead of loosing only 2 more activations for DCS world the reg-patch cleaned ALL DCS product activations so I had to do a new activation for every single stand alone DCS product: FC2, BS1, A-10 and BS2!

Folks, please, that's not very funny ... within BS1 and FC2 I am now down to 5 or 3 left activations, because I had these on 2 older PC systems before and even for my newest DCS products A10 and BS2 I lost 4 A10/BS2 activations instead of only 2 for installing on my new rig! That only because of the updating problems with the new DCS World version not accepting the BS2 activation. If these problems persist with every new update / module-patch /etc. not only me but most of your customers will run out of activations through this process... you really should do something ... I never have seen such a bad activation system so far!

Edited by schmiefel
Additional Info

Primary for DCS and other flightsims: i9 12900K@default OC on MSI Z790 Tomahawk (MS-7D91) | 64 GB DDR5-5600 | Asus TUF RTX3090 Gaming OC | 1x 38"@3840x1600 | 1x 27"@2560x1440 | Windows10Pro64

Spoiler

Secondary: i7 11700k@5.1GHz on MSI Z590 Gaming Force MB| 64 GB DDR4-3200 | PowerColor RX6900XTU Red Devil | 1x 32"@2560*1440 + 1x24"@1980*1200 | Windows10Pro64

Backup: i7 6700K@4.8GHz | 64 GB DDR4-2400 | PowerColor RX5700XT Red Devil | SSD-500/1000GB | 1x49" 32:9 Asus X49VQ 3840x1080 | Windows10Pro64

Flightsim Input Devices: VPC: ACE2 Rudder / WarBRD Base / T-50CM2 Base with 50mm ext. / Alpha-R, Mongoos T-50CM, WarBRD and VFX Grip / T-50CM3 Throttle | VPC Sharka-50 + #2 Controle Panel | TM Cougar MFD-Frames| Rift S - Secondary: TM HOTAS WARTHOG/Cougar Throttle+Stick, F-18-Grip | TM TPR Rudder | DelanClip/PS3-CAM IR-Tracker

Hi, what's the situation now with this Activation issue for BS2, Is it fixed. I've read this long thread and it seems everyone has the same issue but different fixes. What is the fix for this error.

>>>Activation denied by server. Invalid hardware code. make sure the seiral number is valid for the product you are trying to activate, genereate a new hardware codeand try again.>>>

Someone should put up a Sticky to save us the grief of reading thru the threads.

and DCS should get rid of this lousy Protection system. I've paid money for this software that i can't run.