Show me your mad dogfighting skills!

Wags

Time for some real action now! P-51D vs Bf109K Multiplayer on Dogs of War server.

I realy wanted to shoot down something before I went to sleep. Have fun watching (it will be hard will the fps :( I am sorry my PC is just not up to task anymore)

${1}

o7 to my adversary.

Edited by Solty

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

• 2 weeks later...

How are many of you actually doing the recordings?

Dogs of War Squadron

Call sign "HeadHunter" P-51D /Spitfire Jockey

Gigabyte EP45T-UD3LR /Q9650 3.6Ghz | 16GB DDR3 1600 RipJaws | EVGA GTX-1060 ACX3 FTW | ThrustMaster 16000m & G13 GamePad w/analog rudder stick | TurtleBeach EarForce PX22 | Track IR5 | Vizio 40" 4K TV monitor (stuck temporarily with an Acer 22" :( )

• 2 weeks later...
Short multiplayer fight vs. a 109

Good kill, good kill!:thumbup:

You have very nice habit of changing the K-14 range. I just use it as reference point.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

• 2 weeks later...

the AI seems to target either prop governor or right hand side guns. This is 109s I'm referring to. Today I nicked him good but my luck ran out because of winchester and an almost depleted right hand tank. I took off with 50% fuel and full guns. Imagine the odds of that. A 109 being chewed, mostly in the vertical....

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello again. This my fight from yesterday on ACG server. 2x109 and 1x190 shot down. 2 videos. One is commentary of maneuvering, the other one is fight from ingame perspective. Enjoy and tell me what you think :)

PS. My PC is old xD

Edited by Solty

My channel:

Hello again. This my fight from yesterday on ACG server. 2x109 and 1x190 shot down. 2 videos. One is commentary of maneuvering, the other one is fight from ingame perspective. Enjoy and tell me what you think :)

PS. My PC is old xD

Your comentary is not accurate.

I was the first 109 you shot down.

1.I had almost a full tank and you probably had way less fuel that's why you outurned me probably.I flew verry little online.I belived i could outurn a p51 easy.But after a few tests(with p51 offline after that) i think that a p51 with little fuel turns just as well as a 109 (That's just me).

2.You only got a few hits on me.

3.I didn't panic .I stalled because i could not mentain the turn. I panicked later then i was in a candlestick climb with a p51 i managed to shoot down eventually.

4."Goes around without any coherent movement" ?

q5pzeE_D43E

Or the wing broke because is inadequately modeled.

Looks coherent to me.It's a spiral :joystick: .

Edited by otto

• ED Team
Pretty sure doing hard maneuver with a wing full of holes isn't the best thing for structure integrity.

I thought that at first, but it was the opposite wing that broke I think. Unless there was damage on the underside of that wing, but also, hard manoeuvres could have damage the structure... hard to tell from the vid

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

@Otto LOL. Don't be mad. I didn't say your name (even though the game and the tacview can show it) and from my point of view you (and you can see that on both of my videos) you start to jump around like a tennis ball. That might be due to lag or overal multiplayer code.

You had higher speed and your plane has every advantage. If you went up instead of turning with me, I would have stalled and you could just hammerhead above me and eat me alive. You didn't. You went for a constant turn to the right because you were too sure of your 109s performance.

Yes, I had 35% of fuel loaded during take off. The mission is very much created for short range brawl as bases are maybe 10km away from each other, do I realy need to take fuel for 5hour flight?

Now let me reply to all your points:

1. Nobody is telling you to not take 70% of fuel. My 35% fuel tank is still around 40min of flight time.

2. It looked different from my perspective, again connection/mp issues

3. Panic can happen to anyone. Without emotions game is boring.

4. Do I make a documentary or just a commentary video? Some of my viewers told me I should make commentary as it is less "boring". So I did, now some will come, and as I predicted get realy angry that I say something. Its quite hard to make sentences on the fly, so I said what I said big deal. Also you did high G maneuver after getting hit into your right wing and feuselage.

Again, nobody knew it was you. Untill you said it yourself. :3

PS. Sorry if I hurt your feelings.

Edited by Solty

My channel:

@Otto LOL. Don't be mad. I didn't say your name (even though the game and the tacview can show it) and from my point of view you (and you can see that on both of my videos) you start to jump around like a tennis ball. That might be due to lag or overal multiplayer code.

You had higher speed and your plane has every advantage. If you went up instead of turning with me, I would have stalled and you could just hammerhead above me and eat me alive. You didn't. You went for a constant turn to the right because you were too sure of your 109s performance.

Yes, I had 35% of fuel loaded during take off. The mission is very much created for short range brawl as bases are maybe 10km away from each other, do I realy need to take fuel for 5hour flight?

Now let me reply to all your points:

1. Nobody is telling you to not take 70% of fuel. My 35% fuel tank is still around 40min of flight time.

2. It looked different from my perspective, again connection/mp issues

3. Panic can happen to anyone. Without emotions game is boring.

4. Do I make a documentary or just a commentary video? Some of my viewers told me I should make commentary as it is less "boring". So I did, now some will come, and as I predicted get realy angry that I say something. Its quite hard to make sentences on the fly, so I said what I said big deal. Also you did high G maneuver after getting hit into your right wing and feuselage.

Again, nobody knew it was you. Untill you said it yourself. :3

PS. Sorry if I hurt your feelings.

DCS hurt my feelings because it broke my wing many times :lol:.

You put only 4 bullets in my right wing and my left broke(green marking from bottom):

974s5k.jpg

When you actually hit my plane enough time for it to brake apart or destroy the engine,or a major malfunction than that's a kill and I will shake your hand(virtually).

So i'm giving you only half a hand shake because :thumbup:

:You might have done it because I wasn't in a great position(I was in a shit position(sounds funny :D )) but we'll never know.

I agree " Without emotions game is boring" .

I'm going for a smoke now :D see you in the virtual sky my friend.

Edited by otto

Solty didn't even have to shoot you to get the kill, if an enemy crashes while being chased, it's still a kill, think of it as a "maneuver kill". ;)

And beside, you got yourself into this position by not going vertical up instead, and no matter how you looked at it, even that the end you were only making it worse for yourself.

Solty didn't even have to shoot you to get the kill, if an enemy crashes while being chased, it's still a kill, think of it as a "maneuver kill". ;)

And beside, you got yourself into this position by not going vertical up instead, and no matter how you looked at it, even that the end you were only making it worse for yourself.

Sorry for the offtopic but i wouldn't coment on GrapeJam's fight unless i would be involved in one.

First of all I wouldn't tell someone "your plane had every advantage".

I would tell "I got lucky".;)

"not going vertical up instead"

I saw him very late. he was too close to climb.And i was thinking at the time he came out of a dive and had more energy than me.You see when you're in the fight you see things differently.;)

Since the ultimate braking point is 10.5 g and my wing broke at 6.7 g i just don't see it as a maneuver kill. Sorry i just don't.;)

Could he have killed me ? Probably yes. But i got out of situations like this lots of times(in p51 vs p51 action i used lots of spirals to get away and it worked too).

Sometimes i enjoy a long scissors fight even if i get shot down.

"even that the end you were only making it worse for yourself" .I was making a spiral.I created a little bit of separation .Standing still would have been worse.;)

I prefer sour cherry jam. No disrespect intended. Seriously.

Edited by otto

The problem was you started your spiral downward, and the P51's biggest weakness is getting energy in sustained maneuver but it accelerates downward very fast, see the problem?

http://navyflightmanuals.tpub.com/P-1222/P-12220044.htm :

The defensive spiral is a maneuver used by the defender when the kinetic energy becomes depleted and other last-ditch maneuvers can not successfully be implemented. The maneuver consists of dropping the nose low during the turn and going into a spiral dive, using gravity to supply the energy needed to continue evasive action. The defensive spiral becomes a rolling scissors performed straight down. The defender's goal is to stay out of phase with the attacker until the ground is dangerously close.

". The advantage usually goes to the aircraft that can decelerate quicker "

Shaw's book on bfm page 95:

Minimum acceleration is the desirable factor, so idle power, speed brakes,

reverse thrust, drag chutes, or almost any action that reduces forward

thrust and increases drag is appropriate. At slow speeds, the largest component of maximum total drag is usually induced drag, which is generally

maximized by maintaining the highest controllable angle of attack(The 109 has advantage here).

I was making the spiral because my plane turns better and it's a disadvantage to accelerate faster in this kind of fights.

You see that in the last part of the video he drops throttle to 0(he's not trying to accelerate but slow down).Giving me the teoretical advantage because my plane is beter designed for low speed fights.

http://navyflightmanuals.tpub.com/P-1222/P-12220044.htm :

The defensive spiral is a maneuver used by the defender when the kinetic energy becomes depleted and other last-ditch maneuvers can not successfully be implemented. The maneuver consists of dropping the nose low during the turn and going into a spiral dive, using gravity to supply the energy needed to continue evasive action. The defensive spiral becomes a rolling scissors performed straight down. The defender's goal is to stay out of phase with the attacker until the ground is dangerously close.

". The advantage usually goes to the aircraft that can decelerate quicker "

Shaw's book on bfm page 95:

Minimum acceleration is the desirable factor, so idle power, speed brakes,

reverse thrust, drag chutes, or almost any action that reduces forward

thrust and increases drag is appropriate. At slow speeds, the largest component of maximum total drag is usually induced drag, which is generally

maximized by maintaining the highest controllable angle of attack(The 109 has advantage here).

I was making the spiral because my plane turns better and it's a disadvantage to accelerate faster in this kind of fights.

You see that in the last part of the video he drops throttle to 0(he's not trying to accelerate but slow down).Giving me the teoretical advantage because my plane is beter designed for low speed fights.

First of all... how could you tell I was chopping my throttle? :huh:

Secondly. I wouldn't call what you did a spiral.

I can see it in the video clearly. You stalled, droped on your right wing. Leveled off, then turned left rolled on your back, droped nose down and reverse and tried to do a barrel roll during which you lost your wing. Thats not a defensive spiral. For a spiral you need to be turning and rolling into your oponent all the time while your nose points to the ground. You need to put him into possition of rolling scissors. And what you did was to roll down and then roll out and expose your tail to me again...:huh: You were really too low for all that.

Thirdly. "Minimum acceleration is the desirable factor, so idle power, speed brakes,reverse thrust, drag chutes, or almost any action that reduces forward thrust and increases drag is appropriate." This applies to rolling scissors part.

You are flying a 109 and I had separation from you. I chopped down throttle a for a bit to let you do your maneuver. I do every move with a lag to wait for your reaction. And you accelerate better! Way better. Grape Jam just told you that P-51 is heavy and by going down you give me energy that I need to follow you. I don't have better acceleration, I am just still accelerating and can do what I want with speed I gain. I can burn it quicker as I have semi-laminar wing and I am a ton heavier than you. I can also drop flaps as they are hydraulic. 109 pilot has to manually crank them

Also, while I chopp my throttle, that doesn't mean I am slowing down immediately. If you attempted such a maneuver and loose your speed too quickly I would go above you. Doing lag pursuit.

Also if we are a the point "I broke my wing due to game bug".

You would not be able to do that quick roll at that speed. You were flying over 560kph. Your speed o'meter shows 560kph when you break your wing. So you wouldn't be able to do a quick roll. You did it though thanks to no stiffness on the rudder. Which is a bug and YoYo said they have no info yet on how it should be exactly so it has full authority even at speeds it should have none, and 109 controls were stiff(er). All of them. At high speed. Rudder would help, but the roll would take way more time to do with proper stiffness.

Also, please. Stop with that topic. I have yet to see somebody be so mad that he was shot down. It happens to all of us.

The more you get shot down, and you retrace what you did wrong, the more you can learn from every time you loose, so it won't happend again.

Realy rewatch the situation and see where you did wrong. If you did everything right I would be down not you.

I am even sure that next time we will fly on a server, you will shoot me down. So what? Does that change a thing? No!? No! It doesn't change a thing. Because we are playing a game. During a game everything can happen. You can win. I can win. We can both loose. (mid air crash). So... realy no need for fighting over it.

Edited by Solty
I needed to make some corrections and changed some sentences to be more clear.
  • Like 1

My channel:

@Solty

If you believe you got me than why do you need to convince me ?

I wouldn't dishonor my self and lie just to deny someone an online kill.

You told in the commentary that you got a lot of hits on my plane.But it's visible both on tacview and on the video you barely got a few bulets in my plane.If we let everything else aside.Is that not dishonest ?

I wouldn't say to someone I defeated "your plane had every advantage".

It's not polite.I'm disappointed I called you friend.And the subject is closed to me.

If you belive the 109 was disadvantaged by bad, hard controls, rudder.Why do you say it's so much better than the P51 in every way.

When i'll fly the p47 you will not see me brag what a hero I am for flying it and I'm sure i'll get lots of kills.

Edited by otto