how to Start the Viggen in a aircraftcarrier?

faviou2

Hi gentlemens good day, im trying to put the viggen on a carrier, i can land perfectly but in mission editor i dont have the option to mae it star from a aircraftcarrier. Anyone knoes ho can i put a viggen starting from the carrier?

Thank you very much for your time an help

Have a happy new year incoming.

Viggen cannot operate from aircraft carrier so the answer is you can´t.

Win10Prox64, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro, Intel i7-9900K@5,1GHz, 32Gb DDR4 GSkill TridentZ@3900GHz, Gigabyte RTX 2080ti Xtreme 11Gb, Game on Samsung M2 960 Pro, TM WH HOTAS, TM TPR , HP Reverb Pro G1, TM MFD

if by start from a carrier, you might, might have enough runway if you have a very light payload and fuel, but you cannot launch it from a carrier like an f18 or su33, it was never designed to do it.

8700k @5.2ghz delided \ Asus Maxiumus XI code \ RTX 3090 FE \ 32GB DDR4 corsair vengeance RGB @3600 \ 1TB Samsung 960 pro NVME \ 1TB samsung 850evo \ 2TB WD black HDD \ MFG crosswind v2 \  Virpil WARBRD X2 Constellation Alpha L+R and Mongoose CM3 throttle \ ASUSPG348Q 100hz 34 ultrawide 

[/i]https://imgur.com/a/VjNEllM

faviou, open the file DCS World/CoreMods/AJS37/Entry/AJS37.lua and add these lines after the line with AJS37 = {

LandRWCategories =

{

[1] =

{

Name = "HelicopterCarrier",

},

[2] =

{

Name = "AircraftCarrier",

},

[3] =

{

Name = "AircraftCarrier With Catapult",

},

[4] =

{

Name = "AircraftCarrier With Tramplin",

},

},

TakeOffRWCategories =

{

[1] =

{

},

[2] =

{

},

[3] =

{

},

[4] =

{

},

},

Let me know if it works!

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

faviou, open the file DCS World/CoreMods/AJS37/Entry/AJS37.lua and add these lines after the line with AJS37 = {

LandRWCategories =

{

[1] =

{

},

[2] =

{

},

[3] =

{

},

[4] =

{

},

},

TakeOffRWCategories =

{

[1] =

{

},

[2] =

{

},

[3] =

{

},

[4] =

{

},

},

Let me know if it works!

Ragnar, a bit OT in the waiting for the fireworks here:

Does it exists something similar to place it on the ground outside an airdrome?

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

yes there does.
Which is?

Or is it finally implemented in the game natively? I don't think so but might have missed it.

Happy New Year by the way!

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

*some code*

Let me know if it works!

Hey, how about this issue: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3733466#post3733466 ?

Doesn't seem too hard to make it happen, or is it?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

how to Start the Viggen in a aircraftcarrier?

I am testing a solution that might be in the next patch yes. The solution is simple so you can test it yourself: in the place described above add this

takeoff_and_landing_type = "VTOL",

Please let me know if it has any side effects if you try it out.

Oh and happy new year folks!

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

I am testing a solution that might be in the next patch yes. The solution is simple so you can test it yourself: in the place described above add this

One line of lua and such a big difference! This opens a lot of new possibilities for mission building!

Starting from a road works without sideeffects. Starting from a bridge (near Sochi there a few large bridges that are wide and straight) gives a very interesting side-effects: If you start building up speed the bridge catches fire and is finally destroyed. It makes for a very dramatic take-off, but a bit too dramatic don't you think? The same happens when landing on the bridge. I guess DCS views a high speed Viggen as a projectile?

Best wishes to everybody!

One line of lua and such a big difference! This opens a lot of new possibilities for mission building!

Starting from a road works without sideeffects. Starting from a bridge (near Sochi there a few large bridges that are wide and straight) gives a very interesting side-effects: If you start building up speed the bridge catches fire and is finally destroyed. It makes for a very dramatic take-off, but a bit too dramatic don't you think? The same happens when landing on the bridge. I guess DCS views a high speed Viggen as a projectile?

Best wishes to everybody!

Hah, I was wondering how a bridge got destroyed in a recent mission I flew. It was me all along, landing with a Viggen...

Lähetetty minun T1-A21L laitteesta Tapatalkilla

A-10C Warthog | AJS-37 Viggen | F-5E Tiger II | Mig-15bis | MiG-19P Farmer

j6RVjJTSans-titre.png

It works ;) Thanks a lot !!!

Edited by Noiser

Hah, I was wondering how a bridge got destroyed in a recent mission I flew. It was me all along, landing with a Viggen...

Lähetetty minun T1-A21L laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Yep, when you are out of bombs, just touch and go to destroy the bridge! :D

@RagnarDa, I found some side effects:

When placing a Viggen on a road (I assume it's no difference if placed on other flat ground), the altitude in ME will always be 30m AGL or above and the heading will always point towards first WP. You can change them (alt <30m AGL), but they will always flip back to >=30m AGL and WP1 heading whenever you save the mission. With one exception. If you place it on an airdrome (Takeoff ...) and alt as "MSL", change it to "Takeoff from ground", move it to where you like to start and change the alt to anything below the ground elevation, the alt will flip to ground elevation and not 30m above. But if you in this case change from "MSL" to "AGL" it will become 30m above elevation with no possibility to change it back.

Also, if first placing the Viggen on an airdrome then changing it to "Takeoff from ground", the altitude and heading are treated the same way as turning/fly over points, i.e. 2000m MSL and WP1 heading.

But, even if the altitude is >30m AGL in ME, it will start on ground and not fall 30m nevertheless (but still WP1 heading).

To me the altitude thing isn't that big issue, but I certainly would like to be able to set the heading without wasting a WP for the takeoff.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

thank all for the replyes.

YES IT WORKS!! have a happy year,

i am happy to get now the viggen in a carrier, thanks of you all

Note: cv 70 works fine,,, cv74 have craters on the deck XD

Edited by faviou2

Is there a way to have the undercarriage perform as per the hornet or the AV8B, strength wise? If so I could use the AJ37 with my Marsden mat mod to rearm and refuel.

It appears the AJ37 has a lot in common with FC3 airframes in this respect and simply blows up on contact. I can place 15 airframes without issues but the AJ37 is not one of them. If it's possible I would be grateful for any feedback cheers.

Callsign: NAKED

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That works indeed! So, will you insert that line into the official AJS37.lua, so that it will be available for everyone and pass the integrety check in MP?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

@RagnarDa

Found another side effect (see post #17 if you haven't already):

In the kneeboard, take-off WP is denoted "M0" instead of "Take-Off". And landing points can not be placed other than on airdromes. Minor things but still.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5