License Management Page

const

• ED Team

A new license (serial number) management page is now open on the official DCS website, called Licensing.

The dedicated URL for the Licensing page is:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/personal/licensing/

The Licensing page allows you to obtain all of the details pertaining to a license (current settings of the license in the Eagle Dynamics and Star Force databases), see a history of changes, activations and deactivations.

The site includes functionality to Bind a license to your user account.

A number of restrictions are in place for binding operation:

1. A serial number can be bound to the current user account if it was purchased from the Eagle Dynamics e-shop under the current user account. This data is available in the order details for all orders made on the DCS website from 01/10/2009 and the LockOn website from 03/18/2010.
  2. In order to allow Bind operations, a serial number must be for a release version of the product, activated, and not a replacement for another serial number.

Serial number binding affects Multiplayer login verification!

--

Regards,

Konstantin "const" Borovik, CIO

Eagle Dynamics

Edited by const

image_259187.png.12ec9a78d99caec431e08ab83fd4ee4d.png

Quick question, does this now remove the functionality to log in and see all serials bound to my account? The MySerials page was great for re-installing and saved dragging out all my old emails etc, especially for modules bought outside of the ED store (Steam, GameFly, retail boxings etc)

Is there any way to achieve the same thing in the new interface? It's not obvious from my little play with it...

And if it's gone can we please have it back? Pwetty Pwweeeeessssseee?

Cheers,

Jamie

Edited by Flying Penguin

Per Ardua Ad Aquarium :drink:

Specs: Intel i7-9700K, GTX 2080TI, 32GB DDR4, ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E, Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2

• ED Team
Quick question, does this now remove the functionality to log in and see all serials bound to my account? The MySerials page was great for re-installing and saved dragging out all my old emails etc, especially for modules bought outside of the ED stoe.

Is there any way to achieve the same thing in the new interface? It's not obvious from my little play with it...

Cheers,

Jamie

This page was removed for security reasons. But you still can see all bound serial numbers (including from other stores) at the product page in the E-Shop.

image_259187.png.12ec9a78d99caec431e08ab83fd4ee4d.png

This page was removed for security reasons. But you still can see all bound serial numbers (including from other stores) at the product page in the E-Shop.

Perfect! Never noticed that before so feel better now :thumbup:

Per Ardua Ad Aquarium :drink:

Specs: Intel i7-9700K, GTX 2080TI, 32GB DDR4, ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E, Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2

• 1 month later...

Hello,

Happy New 2014, DCS!

A question about 1.2.7. and FC3:

I installed 1.2.7 OpenBeta and went to Module Manager as DCS said to do..to add Module. I owned A10C & FC3, in Module Page i could see&add A-10C but FC3 is NOT LISTED!

I logged in to ED-Shop Internet Page, to see details about my Copy of FC3; Yes..is activated! So.. what is for me then yet to do.. to add FC3 in to 1.2.7?

I understood that Page for Bin&bound is not anymore ?

Thank you for support!

Greeting

MOTO

4 cores CPU / GTX-Card / Track iR + TM Warthog+Combat Rudder Pedal

What is the difference between binding a SN to another user and unbinding and then giving the SN to the user. Can they then bind it to them.

Thanks!

----------------

AKA_Clutter

Win 10 Pro, Intel i7 8700k @4.6 GHz, EVGA RTX 3080  FTW, Ultra 64 GB G.Skill DDR4 3600 RAM, Acer 27" flat screen, Oculus Rift S, HP Reverb G2, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle and Pro Rudder Pedals HOTAS, TM Warthog HOTAS, MFG Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 5 Pro w/Vector Expansion, PointCTRL.

They are the same thing in their end result. If you unbind and give the key to someone, it will get bound to their account the first time they use MP (at least that is they way I understand it).

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• 3 months later...

Hi Folks

I have a screaming 10 year old that has been waiting since last year for a P-51. Can't take it anymore and wait for kickstarter rewards so I am just going to buy yet another one.

So, I am going to purchase a P-51 key and want to give it to him.

I understand he will have to have an account on DCS site for me to do that.

I also have FC3 which I never play on my account and want to gift it to him as well.

My question is twofold.

FC3 is active on my account. Must I deactivate first or not? Do I unbind it first then bind it to his account or bind it to his account then unbind it from mine, does this sequence matter????

The p-51 key will be new, not activated so do I just bind it to his account and thats that?

Sorry if this is obvious, I just don't want to mess it up.

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro

I bought the BS2 module at a discount, so I wanted to donate a BS1+upgrade BS2 module, to my son, but I can never find a way to do it.

Does someone can answer to my and Vlerkies question? How to unbind license from my account and bind to other (my son) account?

Edited by kobac
added question

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Everything is possible ...

Hi Folks

I have a screaming 10 year old that has been waiting since last year for a P-51. Can't take it anymore and wait for kickstarter rewards so I am just going to buy yet another one.

So, I am going to purchase a P-51 key and want to give it to him.

I understand he will have to have an account on DCS site for me to do that.

I also have FC3 which I never play on my account and want to gift it to him as well.

My question is twofold.

FC3 is active on my account. Must I deactivate first or not? Do I unbind it first then bind it to his account or bind it to his account then unbind it from mine, does this sequence matter????

The p-51 key will be new, not activated so do I just bind it to his account and thats that?

Sorry if this is obvious, I just don't want to mess it up.

My understanding is, if a SN is bound to an account, it can not be bound to an other account. So the SN needs to be either unbound first or be bound to the second account by the user of the first account.

If the new account is used on a different computer, I would deactivate the module on the original computer first (different hardware IDs!).

I bought the BS2 module at a discount, so I wanted to donate a BS1+upgrade BS2 module, to my son, but I can never find a way to do it.

Does someone can answer to my and Vlerkies question? How to unbind license from my account and bind to other (my son) account?

See below:

1) Ensure you are properly logged in, then click Personal Section:

attachment.php?attachmentid=96535&stc=1&d=1396972021

2) In the Personal Section, select "My Orders" and then click "details" for the item you wish to transfer:

attachment.php?attachmentid=96536&stc=1&d=1396972021

3) At the bottom of the Details page, you'll find your serial number, either use that on the "licensing" page link at the left, or just click "check license":

attachment.php?attachmentid=96537&stc=1&d=1396972021

4) Enter the relevant user account name, then click the Bind button. Your key will be transferred:

attachment.php?attachmentid=96538&stc=1&d=1396972034

Optionally, you can simply deactivate and unbind it, then give the serial number to the recipient. It will then become bound to their account when they have it activated and connect to the Master Server without the need for you to know their login.

And yes, it is a nice thing to deactivate before doing any of this, since it allows the recipient to use the old activation you have been using - and you obviously won't be using it anymore anyhow.

Step1_Login.thumb.PNG.3f69159a7055a78d86f6584ca7752136.PNG

Step2_Personal_MyOrders_Details.thumb.PNG.288ac1a56e55134b239a3f99cac4ffdb.PNG

Step3_click_checklicense_or_go_to_licensing.thumb.PNG.3d13abad71183e2162ee955c83817fc3.PNG

Step4_enter_desired_accountname.thumb.PNG.e1a87f953e5acda9f843e70eb37dd48e.PNG

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

• 4 months later...

Is it possible, to get a Steam purchased key "bound" here as well? The question just arose in another thread and I'm curious. First post says you can only bind keys purchased through ED to your account?

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Hi guys. I am new player and I come from ROF (SeaW0lf) and BOS (Seawolf). I tested the P-51 free trial and just loved it (amazing job, excited to get my hands full on it), so I am jumping in the bandwagon. But I have a question regarding the purchase that I just did, of the P-51D. Forgive me if this is the wrong post to ask.

I found the purchase in my profile and I found the licensing tab. Should I just get the serial number and activate at the "License serial number check" while registered as SeaW0lf? I have no problems to register the plane under this nick, because I plan to stick with it.

Is that it or there is some gray area that I am missing? I could not find any instruction to activate the product -- or at least I didn't see any.

Appreciate any help!

-- Win10 Pro, Philips 298P4QJEB (2560X1080), i5-9600K, Zalman 9900NT, GA-Z390 UD, GTX 1060 GamingX 6GB, 16GB 3200Mhz CL16, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB, Corsair AX-750W, Carbide 300R, G940, TrackIR 5 --

You should use only one(!) Account for buying modules and login for multiplayer... for the forums you may use a different one/password.

The shop account automatically is your Multiplayer login AND is required to open the module manager in DCS World. After buying a module you just login to the module manager and it should recognize the new module offering to download and install. Now you copy the key from the module manager and start a mission and when the activation asks for the key just paste it and confirm.

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

You should use only one(!) Account for buying modules and login for multiplayer... for the forums you may use a different one/password.

The shop account automatically is your Multiplayer login AND is required to open the module manager in DCS World. After buying a module you just login to the module manager and it should recognize the new module offering to download and install. Now you copy the key from the module manager and start a mission and when the activation asks for the key just paste it and confirm.

Thanks, Shagrat. I don't quite understand what you mean, but later tonight I will check what you said. It might be self explanatory from then on. Otherwise I'll post here again.

Cheers,

-- Win10 Pro, Philips 298P4QJEB (2560X1080), i5-9600K, Zalman 9900NT, GA-Z390 UD, GTX 1060 GamingX 6GB, 16GB 3200Mhz CL16, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB, Corsair AX-750W, Carbide 300R, G940, TrackIR 5 --

When you buy a license for a module on the http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com website's shop you require a login account (you can create one there). This account is important. It is used to access the Module Manager (in-game at the bottom of the menu) and it is also the account to connect to the master server when playing Multiplayer.

Now, when you buy a module on the ED website its license is "bound" to your account in the ED license database, but ED does not know on which PC you're going to use it. So when you start DCS World and open the Module Manager, you login with your account and the module manager queries the ED database for any new modules/licenses you acquired. It finds the new module and offers to install it straightaway. After installation the first time you launch a mission the module initializes and asks for the Key. Now you activate with the key, registering your PC to hold one of the 10 activations.

When you have multiple PCs activated (e.g. a laptop to build missions when on the road, whatever) that is ok, but when you go for multiplayer you need to authenticate with your account and may go online only on one PC at the same time.

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

When you buy a license for a module on the http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com website's shop you require a login account (you can create one there). This account is important. It is used to access the Module Manager (in-game at the bottom of the menu) and it is also the account to connect to the master server when playing Multiplayer.

Now, when you buy a module on the ED website its license is "bound" to your account in the ED license database, but ED does not know on which PC you're going to use it. So when you start DCS World and open the Module Manager, you login with your account and the module manager queries the ED database for any new modules/licenses you acquired. It finds the new module and offers to install it straightaway. After installation the first time you launch a mission the module initializes and asks for the Key. Now you activate with the key, registering your PC to hold one of the 10 activations.

When you have multiple PCs activated (e.g. a laptop to build missions when on the road, whatever) that is ok, but when you go for multiplayer you need to authenticate with your account and may go online only on one PC at the same time.

Thanks again! I will most likely check that tomorrow. I'll let you know if everything went as planned.

I think I got it. I just downloaded the plane, installed it, and I was asked for the serial number when I started the mission, which I provided. I didn't play it yet, but I think it is unlocked.

But during the activation it was shown a message that I have 9 activations left. This means every time I reinstall Windows I will lose one activation? For who tunes and builds rigs, two or three OS reinstalls a year is common. I think I reinstalled ROF several times over the last four years. Do I get to lose my purchase over time or there is a solution for that? In ROF the purchase is linked to the profile, so no matter how much I change my computer or how many times I install the game, my shed will always have my planes.

Would be nice to get some tips about it. And thanks for the help, Shagrat.

The Starforce protection has two methods to prevent you from running out of activations. 1 you can deactivate a PC/Installation before you upgrade, change, reinstall. Actually you should take care to do it everytime you temper with physical components, to prevent loosing an activation.

2 if you spent all 10 activations through installation trouble or hardware failure (HDD dies etc.) you get one activation granted each month... plus I heard from many fellow simmers if you open a ticket to ED and explain the trouble you are in and ask politely they will restore your activation(s)... at most this is a pretty close community of enthusiasts! :D

Shagrat

The Starforce protection has two methods to prevent you from running out of activations. 1 you can deactivate a PC/Installation before you upgrade, change, reinstall. Actually you should take care to do it everytime you temper with physical components, to prevent loosing an activation.

2 if you spent all 10 activations through installation trouble or hardware failure (HDD dies etc.) you get one activation granted each month... plus I heard from many fellow simmers if you open a ticket to ED and explain the trouble you are in and ask politely they will restore your activation(s)... at most this is a pretty close community of enthusiasts! :D

Oh, thanks again, Shagrat. I will keep in mind to deactivate before any changes in the machine. That will most probably solve it.

:thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just about to upgrade my motherboard/CPU, so figured I should deactivate all my modules. I've got a triple-boot Windows system and think I've activated all my modules (except FC3 which I only bought recently) in all three, so to be sure I'm deactivating everything in all three Windows.

It's a bit confusing as it doesn't show whether a module is actually activated or not, because when running the activator it just says "This module needs to be activated, enter key" and then you have to click on the Deactivate link to open another screen to deactivate. So I've just deactivated everything. It looks like I actually had activated everything, including FC3, in that particular Windows, so I'll see if it does anything differently deactivating in a Windows where it's never been activated (I don't think I activated FC3 in the third Windows anyway).

Looking at the Licence key webpage, I can see my deactivations (only done one Windows so far) but they all have different Hardware Codes (as do the associated activations) which seems a bit strange as I'd have thought the Hardware Code would be the same for all activations/deactivations done on the same hardware and Windows installation but obviously it doesn't work like that. Doesn't really matter though I guess.

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen