No Pilot Voice Mod for Use with Voice Activation Software

EDIT:

There is an alternative way to get the same result as my mod. As Zionid has pointed out in post number 10, you can simply rename the following two folders to shut the pilot up, once and for all.

1. DCS World\Sounds\Speech\Sound\ENG\Common\Player

2. DCS World\Sounds\Speech\Sound\RUS\Common\Player

So, you can either use my mod or use Zionid's method. Either way will work. Choices choices!

END EDIT.

If you use voice activation software to issue commands to your wingman, flight, JTAC, ATC etc, then you will know how annoying it is to issue the command using your voice, only to have the artificial pilot voice say the same thing again. It doubles the time to issue the command and sounds stupid too.

This mod simply replaces the pilots audio messages (which can be several seconds in length) with a blank audio file of 0.2 seconds in length.

The subtitle (at top left of screen) is still present (if you have them enabled in DCS World options) so you can check that your voice activation software issued the correct command.

End result is quicker,less annoying and more realistic than when using the stock audio files.

Version 1.0: Initial release, compatible with DCS World v1.2.11

No Pilot Voice Mod for Use with Voice Activation Software v1.0.zip

Edited by Milli
  • Like 2

can u simmers advice on a voice activation software that fully integrates with FC3?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i5 4690K | ASUS Z-97PRO Gaming Mobo | Nvidia Gigabyte GTX970 3.5/0.5 GB Windforce3 | G.Skill Ripjaws-X 2x8GB DDR3 1600Mhz | Samsung Evo 120GB SSD | Win10 Pro | Antec 750w 80 Bronze Modular

I've only tried one program and it worked for me more or less out the box (obviously not including setting up words and bindings) and that's Voice Attack.

I found it really easy to set up and assign / bind key pushes etc to words.

There is or was a free version / trial that's limited to so many commands and you can't export / backup profiles. The full unlocked version is around $8 so not too bad.

Edited by Tumbleweed

My Hangar: P-51D Mustang - KA-50 Blackshark - A-10C Warthog - F-86F Sabre - FC3 - Combined Arms - UH-1H

My Flying Adventures: www.dcs-pilot.com :pilotfly:

I've only tried one program and it worked for me more or less out the box (obviously not including setting up words and bindings) and that's Voice Attack.

I found it really easy to set up and assign / bind key pushes etc to words.

There is or was a free version / trial that's limited to so many commands and you can't export / backup profiles. The full unlocked version is around $8 so not too bad.

Thanks - gonna look for it on the net and see what features the software has

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i5 4690K | ASUS Z-97PRO Gaming Mobo | Nvidia Gigabyte GTX970 3.5/0.5 GB Windforce3 | G.Skill Ripjaws-X 2x8GB DDR3 1600Mhz | Samsung Evo 120GB SSD | Win10 Pro | Antec 750w 80 Bronze Modular

Hmm,, very interesting! Thanks

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

I'll third Voice Attack, one big plus for me is the use of DX buttons for push to talk. Now that I have it set up, it's been phenomenal at understanding all the commands.

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip

There is actually an easier way to do this.

Just find the pilots voice files folder (both english and russian) and simply rename the folders.

That will kill the pilots voice without juggling files:)

Oh god, now you tell me ha ha. Oh well, shall i say my mod is obsolete and explain why and to use your method, or shall i just leave it as it is?

Regards,

Milli

Milli,

I'm not home to test it but if your mod with the .2 sec sound file gets a response faster from wingmen/tower/awacs compared to when you just rename the folders then I would continue with it.

If anyone can test and post results please do, if not I'll try it later tonight.

Eric

So, VoiceAttack is frickin awesome. I never used it before today.

Does anybody have a profile for Comms? I know its not a big deal to create but it would be a time saver.

Dale

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Im jumpin in on this, Im just going to buy it since its only $8,, after watching the youtube tutorial and a session,, im sold! I am going to start up a post in the appropriate section to solicit for profiles and see what bites. Id be interested to see what variations others might use for radio comms,,, thanks for this thread for leading me down this path!

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

I like voice activated commands...I've used them for years....since IL-2 1946 at least....not ground breaking at all...I remember the game US Navy Seals for the playstation used voice activation many years ago...

why DCS and other games like Arma wait for outside mods to offer these things is interesting...same with not having the TS IP linked to the switches in the cockpit like some mods offer is also a little on the funny side....

I understand its a big pain it the ass and I don't even really recommend ED trys... but you simply offer your customers so mush more when it comes to realism...

I'm still think BMS has DCS beat when it comes to comms....VHF and UHF, guard channels...I use VAC when playing BMS (that really sets it off)...uses the same PTT as my VHF ingame....works great since BMS PTT buttons are NOT how you open the comms menus...the menu is just that, a menu and the PTT buttons are linked with IVC(and my vac).

....how is this seen and played by people in charge(here at ED) and the statement is not said, "why don't we have this?"

anyways, the radio mods offer this and programs like vac and others work great. I highly recommend it.

It only takes two things to fly, Airspeed and Money.

I'll second Voice Activated Commands (VAC). It's inexpensive and very well supported. I can talk with my pipe in my teeth and it still recognizes my commands. Awesome app. You can get my prepared VAC profile, with command reference sheet, here. I only use it for DataLink and interaction with wingmen/tower, but that's over 200 voice commands. You can very easily add your own commands simply by typing what you want to say, then the key that should activate when you say it. No training or any other action necessary. The command builder is the best reason to use VAC.. it's a no brainer. I spent like $15 and have it installed on two systems with several extensive profiles for different sims and games. I've also started using it for web browsing and application execution. Flying without VAC would be like flying without TrackIR.

http://www.dwvac.com

attachment.php?attachmentid=104187&d=1416167228

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

what would be even nicer, is to remove F1~10 menu to android phone, keeping screen clean for those movies we make...

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Agreed! It would be a nice feature to have a shortcut and/or option control to suppress menu visuals, and pilot audio.

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

• 2 months later...
Edited first post to show an alternative way of silencing the pilot.

Regards,

Milli

Milli, don't despair. I prefer your mod via JSGME so I dont have to keep track of what files I have altered.

Thanks.

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

So, VoiceAttack is frickin awesome. I never used it before today.

Does anybody have a profile for Comms? I know its not a big deal to create but it would be a time saver.

Dale

See "Voice Attack Profile for Huey" in Huey forum if you fly helis

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

Thanks Chic,,,,