Missing mirror textures

maks

No screenshot, no system specs...

Try a repair first...

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

mirrors have been replaced from textures with real time render so your cockpit texture files must have the new instructions. Usually what you have means you have a cockpit mod that is not updated.

Edited by zaelu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I don't know why but I had this http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=154240 and yesterday when I played it resolved itself and I now have mirrors. AFAIK you can only run repair on DCSW not individual modules

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ok ,

i have installed mi8 into

1.2 = ok , no mirror issues

1.5 = not ok , the same issue as in 2.0

2.0 = no ok , no working mirrors

i have tried to update via the bin directory in the prompt ....nothing changes , same blue texture with yellow cross and mirror text :(

have repaired dcs as a whole = no result :cry:

Only other course is to delete the module in module manager not just unactivate it and re-download the entire MI-8 module from scratch. By that I mean don't let it copy files from 1.5 which may be part of the problem.

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

deleted mi8 in all versions , installed it again with the module manager in version dcs w 2 ..... no luck .. same issue ...

just note : no other problems with other modules nor dcs world standard , nellis installed .....all running smooth at 60 fps .....

very strange .....certainly as it seems not reported yet , for me the problem started at version dcs 1.5 .... but not noticed it as i dit not used it much untill trying out on dcs w 2.....

:helpsmilie::)

Just checked the mirrors on both 1.5 nd 2.0, default and Chinese cockpit and they work allright on my GTX780.

Once again, did You or did You not install any cockpit mods for Mi-8? If You did and placed them in SavedGames folder on C: drive, the repairing or reinstalling the module won't help, as the updater doesn't change files in that folder.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

No , no mods ever installed for mi8! None of the versions!

I had him installed in 1.2 , then i installed in dcsw2 , without having them in 1.5 , maybe that was causing it? But i did remove them from all 3 versions now and installed it again as fresh in dcsw 2 , but again i get no texture on the mirrors , very frustrating but have no clue ?

Have no clue what could have happened....

I'm pretty sure you checked this already, but the same thing happened to me when I moved from 1.2 to 1.5, and I had just to press the M key and it did the trick :smilewink:

I had to do the same..

Intel 5820k | Asus X-99A | Crucial 16GB | Powercolor Devil RX580 8GB | Win 10 x64 | Oculus Rift | https://gallery.ksotov.co.uk

Patiently waiting for: DCS: Panavia Tornado, DCS: SA-2 Guideline, DCS: SA-3 Goa, DCS: S-300 Grumble

..i can only see blue with yellow cross and text mirrors , instead of full mirror reflections :(

anyone an idea how to fix ?..

What changed is file "description.lua" for all aircafts with mirrors. Just in case you still don't have mirrors that file is probably the issue.

Added in this file is something like: {"mi-8mt-mirror", 0 ,"mirrors",true};--mirrors texture replacement with runtime rendered one

For the mi8 it is probably somewhere in:

drive:\DCS World 2 OpenAlpha\Mods\aircraft\Uh-1H\Liveries\Cockpit_mi-8mt\default\

If this row is missing, mirrors will not work. Maybe someone with working mirrors can check and be exact with names, Since I don't own this module. All modules I have, have this this "mirrors texture replacement" row addedd in there "description.lua".

"M" just switches mirrors on/off

Edited by piXel496
uninstalling then installing the module in the modulemanager should fix this.