this Heli so uncontrollable

assafm25

How U fly this Heli ?

in any tack off after hover check i found myself spinning around and then crash into ground

i setup all my controllers but its hard to fly

i am good with the uh-1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IAF Bell205

IAF Anafa

-----------------------

DCS World Modules: A-10C, FC3, MiG-21BiS, F-86, P-51, KA-50, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8, M2000K, Gazal, Bf109, Mig-15, Hawk and NTTR

-----------------------

My System - ASUS Maximus HERO iiiv, CoolMaster 120 Sadion Plus, I7 -6700K @4.0, G.Skill ddr4 16GB ram, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 , PSU Seasonic X-650W, OCZ 150 500Gb ssd drive X2, Seagate 7200 1T X2.

-------------

The first touch is a shock, always :D.

.... but now I can say - very easy to fly.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I dived in thinking it would be like the huey. It has SAS that kicks in once you hover for a bit/reach a speed. I've only flown it a couple of times but trimming wont stop the heli from spinning on take off. Though you can Auto Hover. Once the SAS is on you don't spin.

Edited by Hell0

Helos require a very gentle hand. If you don't have experience with the other two traditional helos expect it to be a challenge. Mi-8 would be the easiest after the Ka-50 because it's a little more stable and then probably the Huey and this guy.

Even after all the others I find this thing a handful at times, but it is very doable.

Just practise ;) You will become better and then you will love the Gazelle! Trust me.

^ this! Nothing more, nothing less.

Nice sense of achievement once you start to tame it. I still have a bit of difficulty transitioning from forward flight into a stable hover with a full missile load, especially in NTTR where you are at a higher altitude and slightly higher air temp.

what is easier than huey or MI-8 in the gazelle ?

You have a perfect linear reaction : input in collectiv will set the vertical speed indicator where you want it to be. You want +1 You'll get it in a second.

exept in ground effect.

For exemple in mi-8 the vertical speed indicator needle is not so predectible.

for exemple and practice : try to keep your gazelle perfectly flat ( horizontal indicator 0) and play with the vertical speed indicator. needle

Once you anderstood that, it will be easy for you to master it.

flattern a bit X Y and yaw without curvature will help too in first step.

i7-10700KF CPU  3.80GHz - 32 GO Ram - - nVidia RTX 2070 -  SSD Samsung EVO with LG  TV screen 40"  in 3840x2150 -  cockpit scale 1:1

- MS FFB2 Joystick  - COUGAR F16 throttle  - Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

Yup sure is a challenge, have warthog and Crosswinds pedals, must,have crashed about twenty times, went back to the UH-1 just for a break - that now feels a doddle, so can back to the Gazelle and managed 2 landings, So settings have not been altered, it's just patience

mybe my problem is my settings?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IAF Bell205

IAF Anafa

-----------------------

DCS World Modules: A-10C, FC3, MiG-21BiS, F-86, P-51, KA-50, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8, M2000K, Gazal, Bf109, Mig-15, Hawk and NTTR

-----------------------

My System - ASUS Maximus HERO iiiv, CoolMaster 120 Sadion Plus, I7 -6700K @4.0, G.Skill ddr4 16GB ram, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 , PSU Seasonic X-650W, OCZ 150 500Gb ssd drive X2, Seagate 7200 1T X2.

-------------

This Gazelle obeys me like a cat :D

That is just such a perfect description of my experience as well. :)

One moment she's purring happily, next she buries her claws in my skin for no apparent reason. Though I must say the painful parts are becoming less and less frequent, while the purring-periods tend to stretch from take-off to landing more and more often. :thumbup:

mybe my problem is my settings?

Absolutely possible!

Depending on your stick, you might definitely want to set a curve and/or reduce the saturation in order to get less in-game movement for the physical inputs you make at your real stick. Even the Polychop guys use these modifications, though not all the same. If your stick doesn't center well, you might also need to add a center deadzone.

If you look around the Gazelle threads, you'll find lots of examples that work well for people and their individual setup.

What stick/HOTAS do you use?

I Have Saitek X-55

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IAF Bell205

IAF Anafa

-----------------------

-----------------------

-------------

I Have Saitek X-55

Well that should have some decent sensors and not much axis spiking, so I would suggest to add a curve of maybe 15 or 20 for Pitch, Roll and Yaw and see where that takes you. If the chopper still feels too hard to control around the center, you might also try to reduce the saturation, or go with reduced saturation alone and leave the curves linear.

It's probably also a good idea to watch some of the tutorials out there where people explain the take-off, what forces affect the chopper at this stage, and how to counter them with your controls so that you can anticipate what's happening, and why.

I can assure you that with a good controls setup the Gazelle is a dream to fly. :thumbup: