[MOD] DCS Kneeboard Position by uboats

Via this mod, you can determine the kneeboard position (left or right).

This setting is applied for all modules not individual (if Left, then all show kb on the left).

v2.5: support DCS World 2.5

v1.1: add two more position, fix OA bug

it's JSGME ready for DCS World 2.5

it has four positions:

MainUI left/right

Full Monitor left/right (e.g. 3-monitor, then left means left corner of the left monitor, right means right corner of right monitor)

Download

1.png

2.jpg

Edited by uboats

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

Ah. You sir, are awesome.

Can I make a request for us triple monitors users? Can you position the Kneeboard at 3840 by any chance? :)

Edited by AstroEma

Kaby Lake @ 4.6Ghz - Gigabyte Z170-D3H - 16Gb DDR4 - Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 OC - Samsung EVO 250Gb SSD - Seagate 1 Tb HDD - HTC Vive - Rift CV1

This.

I used to modify init.lua manually in ..\KNEEBOARD\indicator\ folder. This mod is more official-ish.

Really great idea.

Thanks a lot!

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

By the way, gives me a crash - DCS 2.0.2 - if activated via JSGME.

I have to deactivate the module in order for DCS to start normally.

Kaby Lake @ 4.6Ghz - Gigabyte Z170-D3H - 16Gb DDR4 - Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 OC - Samsung EVO 250Gb SSD - Seagate 1 Tb HDD - HTC Vive - Rift CV1

By the way, gives me a crash - DCS 2.0.2 - if activated via JSGME.

I have to deactivate the module in order for DCS to start normally.

Sorry for that please attach log and crash file I will quickly fix it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

Ah. You sir, are awesome.

Can I make a request for us triple monitors users? Can you position the Kneeboard at 3840 by any chance? :)

I will when I get home.

Please do that a look at the bold section above! That'd be awesome if you can implement that!

"Can I make a request for us triple monitors users? Can you position the Kneeboard at 3840 by any chance? "

I second the above. Being able to position the kneeboard up and down would be perfect.

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Hello Uboats!

I finally had time to try V1.1 but the kneeboard always sticks to the outer most monitor for some reason.

Any help with that?

Maybe it is because I don't have a MainUI section in the Viewport.lua file I am using?

Hello Uboats!

I finally had time to try V1.1 but the kneeboard always sticks to the outer most monitor for some reason.

Any help with that?

Maybe it is because I don't have a MainUI section in the Viewport.lua file I am using?

yes, i think you need to add UIMainView

e.g

UIMainView = Viewports.Center

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unfortunately, this mod makes the integrity check fail on 1.5.4, but will only show up red after running a single player mission or after trying to connect to an ic'ed server:

scripts/aircrafts/_common/cockpit/kneeboard/declare_kneeboard_device.lua
scripts/aircrafts/_common/cockpit/viewporthandling.lua
scripts/aircrafts/_common/cockpit/kneeboard/indicator/init.lua

Also: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=169952

aka: Baron

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

yes, i think you need to add UIMainView

e.g

UIMainView = Viewports.Center

Hello uboats!

Adding that line does not change the position of the kneeboard to the center monitor for some reason.

• 1 year later...

Kneeboard V 1.1

DCS World V 2.6.22.24 with three monitors

Have installed all three folders, separately

Repaired DCS World between each installation

Options/Miscellaneous hangs with a blank window, with each case

I am wondering if I should install them in a particular sequence and in what order?

/DCS World/MissionEditor, 2 files were replaced

/aircrafts/scripts, seems that no files were replaced

Am wondering what I Missed?

Is this mod updated for DCS v2.5?

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

• 2 months later...
Can this be just placed extracted to DCS I don't have JSGME?

Yes you can, but the modded files will most likely be overwritten on the next DCS update.

A Mod Manager allows you to quickly disable all of your Mods prior to applying updates, and re-enabling them afterwards.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

bump...

never considered that, but i will have a try.

too busy these days, so may not have time in the following week, sorry

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]