104th Phoenix - Operation Southern Shield - Dynamic PvP Mission

104th_Maverick

zEP3KPA.png

104th Phoenix

Proudly Presents

Operation Southern Shield

A dynamic Multiplayer Mission set in the Persian Gulf Map.

www.104thphoenix.com

Featuring

• 9 Airbases to capture and hold in the battle-zone.
  • Ability to recapture lost bases.

• Spawnable aircraft at newly captured airbases.
  • Airbase Defence Upgrade rewards using heavy transport aircraft.
  • Simple Radio.
  • Helicopter Transport Operations using CTLD.

• AWACS.
  • Aerial Refuelling.

• AFAC.
  • JTAC.
  • Anti-Ship Missions.

• Deep Strike Missions. (W.I.P)
  • Carrier Operations.

86SbrrG.jpg

Introduction

Operation Southern Shield is a large scale dynamic multiplayer mission that allows clients to capture any airfield in the Battle Area,

clients can then spawn in aircraft from their newly captured bases.

Starting at opposite ends of the map, both coalitions are aiming to capture all nine airbases within the Battle Area

located along the Iranian Coastline and the Straits of Hormuz while preventing their opponent from doing the same.

The Target Airbases are Khasab, Qeshm Island, Bandar Legeh, Bandar Abbas, Havadarya, Lar Airbase, Tunb Island, Abu Musa Island and Sirri Island.

The victor is the first side to successfully deploy troops on all nine Target Airbases

after eliminating the enemy guarding the position.

Inter asset cooperation is key as airbases can only be captured by the landing of ground troops by a friendly Helicopter.

XfkVnKE.jpg

Each coalition will require transport helicopter pilots standing by to land troops on the target airbases

once the enemy has been cleared.

Helicopter pilots will also be required to deploy JTACS, MANPAD Teams and EWR Systems to the front lines!

Communications

VaYxMxJ.png

SRS Server IP - 208.94.240.34:5002

Simple Radio (SRS) is to be used as the primary mission communications tool while in the server,

however we request that clients also use the 104th Teamspeak server for mission planning and networking purposes.

TeamSpeak_Logo.png

TS3 Server IP - ts50.gameservers.com:9132 - Password = phoenix

We have set up a HELP CHANNEL to assist users in the set up of SRS on our Teamspeak server.

The channel is called "Help setting up Simple Radio" and it's channel description

has a step by step guide of how to install and set up SRS for use on the 104th.

Coalitions

3vMMVCW.png

The mission features an East vs West set up and is based on a fictional scenario that involves NATO Allies taking on Iran, Iraq, Egypt, Russia and China.

NATO Pact

USA, UK, Sweden, Finland, Canada, Australia, Spain, Switzerland

Fighters:F-15C, F/A-18C

Strikers: A-10A, A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B

Helicopters: UH-1H, SA-342 Gazelle

Russian Pact

Russia, Iran, Egypt, Iraq, Republic of China (Taiwan)

Fighters: F-5E, Mig-21, Mig-29A, Mig-29S, Mirage 2000C, SU-27, SU-33, J-11A

Strikers: SU-25A, SU-25T

Helicopters: Mi-8, KA-50

Fighter Control Operators

360_libya_awacs_0712.jpg

Fighter Control services will be available to clients through the use of LotATC. To sign up to become a 104th Server Fighter Controller you need to post an application HERE

h3zehOT.png

LotATC is now the only tool for Fighter Control, Combined Arms is no longer available on the server.

Airbase Assault Batteries

Each coalition has Assault Batteries for each Target Airbase.

To capture an airbase you must eliminate the enemy Assault Battery and then land friendly troops on the airfield. Once this has been complete the friendly Airbase Assault Battery will move on to the airfield to protect it!

Red Assault Battery (Mainland Bases)

10x T-72, 10x BMP, 2x SA-15, 4x SA-13, 4x Shilka AAA

mS2NyIm.png

Blue Assault Battery (Mainland Bases)

6x M1A1, 6x IFV, 1x Roland ADS, 4x Chaparral, 4x Vulcan AAA

Xu05uVB.jpg

Airbase Defence Upgrades

Once a coalition captures an airfield a heavy transport aircraft will be despatched with an Airbase Defence Upgrade package.

The package will arrive in two stages.

First is the Surface to Air Missile system followed by an Early Warning Radar system brought in on another aircraft after the first has safely landed.

If a coalition looses their first transport aircraft with the SAM package to the enemy a second aircraft will be despatched with another SAM system to try again. In this scenario the EWR system would NOT follow if the second aircraft makes it safely.

A coalition only receives the EWR upgrade if the FIRST transport aircraft makes it safely to the airbase!

Red Airbase Defence Upgrade Package

SA-11 & EWR

nED8pP7.jpg

YyPcIuf.png

Blue Airbase Defence Upgrade Package

Hawk & EWR

sUQjawd.jpg

3bhQ8nk.png

Helicopter Operations

Helicopter pilots are the key to a coalitions success in the mission. Transport pilots are required to land friendly troops on to the Target Airbases once the enemy troops have been cleared.

Once the pilot has offloaded his troops the airbase will be secured for his coalition.

FARPS can also be captured along with airbases. See the below pictures for FARP locations and details.

FARP Details

FARP MANSURABAD - GRID BS03 -N28*16*36-E54*02*05 - Freq 121.5

FARP GOVARDAN - GRID BQ59 -N27*07*50-E54*33*03 - Freq 122.0

FARP GOWH - GRID CQ37 - N26*54*00-E55*21*02 - Freq 122.5

FARP KARAVAN - GRID DQ06 - N26*50*52-E55*59*33 - Freq 123.0

FARP STAR - GRID DR40 - N27*11*39-E56*23*06 - Freq 123.5

FARP HOLIDAY - GRID CQ10 - N26*14*18-E55*09*08 - Freq 124.0

FARP REACH - GRID CP83 - N25*37*17-E55*50*18 - Freq 124.5

Rearming, Loading Troops and Crates

All helicopters spawn on the ground at FARPS not on them. To rearm your helicopter you must fly over and land on the helipad then make your request to the ground crew!

Cargo loading is done through the fantastic CTLD script by Ciribob in the RADIO MENU.

UH-1H-Hvr.jpg

All troops and crates are loaded when at a friendly FARP, loading crates and troops will NOT work at an airbase.

You must consult the map and fly to your nearest FARP to pickup cargo.

Once you have troops on board you can drop them when it is safe to do so at the target airbase and it will be secured for your coalition.

DESPITE WHAT THE IN GAME MESSAGES SAYS, IT ONLY TAKES 3 SMALL CRATES TO BUILD A FOB, NOT 9 SMALL CRATES!

Air to Air Weapon Restrictions

qkS42OQ.jpg

The AIM120C AMRAAM is available from Al Dhafra AB, Al Minhad AB, Bandar Abbas and the Aircraft Carriers only.

Carrier Operations

vL9We2O.jpg

Both coalitions have embarked carrier groups to the region.

Russia has deployed her Admiral Kuznetsov carrier inside the Persian Gulf while the US Navy has committed the USS John C. Stennis and the USS George Washington Battlegroups to the Gulf of Oman.

Getting Started and Useful Information.

We are running Ciribob's excellent slot blocking script on the server. Available here

This means you cannot spawn at any airbase or FARP that your coalition does not control.

Aircraft at home bases start with the Number 1, eg "1 Al Dhafra F-15C A1" aircraft at Capturable bases start with the Number 2, eg "2B Bandar Abbas F-15C A1".

If your coalition has not captured any bases in the mission you will only be able to spawn at a Home Base and select aircraft starting with 1.

Once your coalition has cleared the enemy troops from a base then captured it you can spawn in at that airbase by selecting the aircraft based there in the aircraft list.

FARP Jove activates for the BLUE side when KHASAB has been captured and secured!

FARP Star activates for the RED side when BANDAR ABBAS has been captured and secured!

All fixed wing aircraft start with 0% fuel at all capturable bases.

Fixed wing aircraft starting at Home Bases load with 100% fuel.

USE THE F-10 MAP

We do not have a website with a live mission map, clients must use the F-10 map to see what airbases belong to which coalition.

Press F-10 and click on the airbase you want the status of and it will tell you if it is RED, BLUE or NEUTRAL.

You can only spawn on an airbase that belongs to your coalition AND has had the enemy cleared from around it!

Edited by [Maverick]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

DISCLAIMER:

WE DO NOT CLAIM THAT THIS SCENARIO IS REALISTIC OR FAIR!

While efforts have been made to make the mission balanced it has NOT been the main priority.

No one from the 104th is claiming that this is a fair 50 / 50 fight or a realistic depiction of how a modern air battle would go.

Both sides have advantages over the other in different areas!

5gVd3IX.png

Mission Bug Board:

- Coalitions cannot spawn at certain bases captured by them - FIXED

- Certain airfields when captured immediately say they are under attack - WIP

- Red cannot rearm or refuel at FARP STAR - FIXED

- Red cannot load troops at FARP KARAVAN - FIXED

TechOp-Graphic-Web.png

Mission Updates

- Added in JTAC at Bandar Abbas for Red at mission start.

- Changed Red Laser Code for F-5 to use with M-2000C

- Added Smoke Effects to Island Airbase Objectives once certain units are killed.

- Increased Trigger Message time to give clients more time to read mission messages.

- Added Red and Blue smoke markers at each captured airbase until the F-10 map bug is fixed.

- Additional ARCO KC-130 Tanker added over Al Minhad AB.

- Added SA-11 Site at Bandar Lengeh from mission start.

- Red JTAC added to Havadarya from mission start.

- Added F-15C and F/A-18C to Al Minhad, these slots are unlocked once Blue secure Khasab, Tunb, Abu Musa and Sirri Island.

- AJS37 Viggen added to Al Minhad.

- Helicopter Deployed JTACS will now DEACTIVATE after 90 minutes (huge thanks to ciribob for his help here!).

- Updated mission start layout. Red will now start from BANDAR ABBAS instead of BANDAR LENGEH and will have access to CAP assets from the start of the mission.

- Updated mission start layout again. Red will now start from KISH ISLAND and LAVAN ISLAND.

- Added Red and Blue carrier aircraft back on to aircraft carriers.

- Added additional KC-130 tankers for Red with TACAN.

- Added additional coastal patrol vessels for Red.

- Added option for Blue to deploy Roland ADS SAMS and Vulcan AAA from client transport helicopters.

- Added option for Red to deploy SA-13 Strela and Shilka from client transport helicopters.

- Added JTACS for Red at Bandar Lengeh, Lar Airbase and Havadarya on 1113 and 1688, 1689 and 1690.

- Blue F-15C and F/A-18C are now available from Al Minhad Airbase once Khasab is captured.

- Moved carrier battle groups closer to Bullseye by approx 50nm.

- Synchronised cockpit radios to the new 104th SRS Channel set up.

Download mission copy

HERE

Edited by [Maverick]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This is exciting

Goon

ASUS ROG Maximus VII |Intel i7-7700K@ 4.80Mhz|CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 @ 3000 |GTX 1080 Ti | Windows10-64bit| 3x24" Samsung 1080p| 1x 28" Samsung 4k| Thrustmaster Warthog| Saitek Rudder pedals| TrackIR 5 | Samsung Odyssey

I really hope to see more players using SRS... IMO this server lacks only of a solid cooperative player base that wanna communicate with others

SILVER 11 | Dedde

DCS MODULES: A-10C; F-15C ; M2000C; AV-8B N/A; F/A-18C; SA342; CA.

Asus PRIME Z490-P Intel Core i7 10700K @4.9 GHzNvidia GeForce GTX1070 8GbCorsair Vengeance LPX Black 32Gb (2x16Gb) DDR4 @3200MHzSamsung 850 EVO 256GbSamsung 24" 1920x1080 @60HzTrackIr 5; Hotas Warthog; Thrustmaster TFRP; Turtle Beach PX22;

Great job and good luck!

I can only imagine the long hours you've put into this. Me, I'm still reluctant. The fact that not everyone has the PG map holds me back from designing some Cold War missions and add them to my server, although some players have asked me to. Hope you get enough players for the hard work:pilotfly:

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

It is a shame that more people don't have the map it is hands down the best terrain to fly in on DCS.

We can only hope that the 'if you build it they will come' saying turns out to be true.

The plan is rotate between this mission and Operation Longbow on the Caucasus map to keep the battle going from one terrain to the other.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I got couple of questions regarding the mission. Will try it out this weekend, but...

Is there a particular reason why Blue has 4 less MBTs, 4 less IFVs and 1 less medium range AA system per airfield, compared to Red ?

I see that the the BLUE side ATC is still on VHF, on which aircraft like F-15 cannot tune with onboard radios (I know about the extended radios, but still)

On the Red side, the F-5 also cannot contact any of the Red channels as it only has a UHF radio. All Russian aircraft have a radio range from VHF to UHF included.

On another note, I thought that the PG map would a lot more popular, but .... Let me stop here before I get accused of offending the community

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

There's a discrepancy between the Communications Table in the OP here and the ingame Briefing regarding Red Side Comms:

In game, red side is briefed to use GCI 257.8 and ATC 128.0.

- Not that anyone would reply on any red frequency, but maybe this contributes to bad red side coop... - you will always have people joining who don't read forums.

So: which freqs are correct???

I tried joining last night without success. I get the super long load time issue where the slot selection screen goes blurry for about 10 minutes. After that my screen goes black and unresponsive, only thing I can do is close DCS with Task Manager.

Pretty sure this is because my install is not on an SSD and I only have 16gb of RAM. I will not give up, I'll try dropping some settings and see if I can get in. Had the same problem with the Caucasus version of this mission at first, eventually I started being able to join. Once in, everything runs fine.

Try preloading the mission VapoR that can help.

Download it from post #2 and open it in the Mission Editor then press the Green button on the Left to fly. Once the mission loads all the way up go back to the main menu without quitting DCS then join the server.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Very nice mission.

There was a nice battle going on at Khasab yesterday before the server had to reboot. Some Red's complained but I think that will change the moment Blue has to cross the waters first.

Love to be back on the PG map.

Beste regards,

Stefan, HereThen

| I7 8700K 4.7 Ghz | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | 32Gb G.Skill DDR4 | Asus MAXIMUS X HERO | ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q | TrackIR5 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Thrustmaster TPR | Steelseries Apex PRO | Steelseries Aerox 3 | Steelseries Arctis WL Pro | MonsterTech table clamps |

Nice guys. Thanks for taking the time to create this. It was very stable and pretty lag free for the time I was tonight. A couple of questions:

The hornet slot for Stennis spawned me at Al Dhafra. I was connected on SRS. Not sure if I did something wrong?

Will there eventually be kneeboard pages for tanker TCN's, or active mission taskings?

Thanks again, I enjoyed it and looking forward to see where it goes. Nice to have these kind of options in PG!

3800X, X570, 32GB 3600, RTX 2080Ti, SSD, Odyssey+ VR

Latest mission updates, post #2 updated

- Added Smoke Effects to Island Airbase Objectives once certain units are killed.

- Increased Trigger Message time to give clients more time to read mission messages.

- Added Red and Blue smoke markers at each captured airbase until the F-10 map bug is fixed.

- Added additional ARCO KC-130 Tanker over Al Minhad AB.

- Added SA-11 Site at Bandar Lengeh from mission start.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Latest mission updates for this weekends sorties!

Post #2 updated.

• Red side now have 2 JTACS from the start of the mission, one at Bandar Abbas (laser code 1686) and the second and Havadarya (laser code 1687).

• Blue can spawn CAP at Al Minhad once all Island bases have been captured and Khasab has been secured.

• Deployed JTACS will now go offline after 1.5 hours, this means there will be no more stacking messages of JTACS that do not see any enemy units once an area has been cleared.

• Added the Viggen to Al Minhad AB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What frequencies should red side use to improve their coop by communicating via SRS?

There's a discrepancy between the Communications Table in the OP here and the ingame Briefing regarding Red Side Comms:

In game, red side is briefed to use GCI 257.8 and ATC 128.0.

- Not that anyone would reply on any red frequency, but maybe this contributes to bad red side coop... - you will always have people joining who don't read forums.

So: which freqs are correct???

What frequencies should red side use to improve their coop by communicating via SRS?

The frequencies given in the briefing ...

I know the SRS image is different we are working on a new one but its not that complicated really, just use the freqs in the brief.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]