[REPORTED] - AI Slowly Loses Altitude, Speed, then Crash

ChuckIV

It's been a while, but I finally got around to attaching a quick video of this possible BUG. Flying in a squadron of 4 groups (Blue, Red, Yellow, & Green) works great initially. We climb out, attack the enemy and then start to form up again only to have a few stragglers that cant' keep up. This begins to happen at the end of the sortie; around the 37.5 minute mark two of my AI planes eventually lose altitude, drop to 90 mph and crash into the ocean. I can't attach a video that LONG - almost 40 minutes!! I pulled out my iPhone just before the first plane went down and recorded it. The 2nd aircraft ditched two seconds later.

The two aircraft that crash are Yellow Group P7350 Enfield 23 Plane Markings XTW and Green Group Enfield 42 Plane Markings XTC.

Enfield 23 was at 93mph just before dropping into the ocean, and Enfield 42 was cruising at 105mph.

I've attached the .miz file so you can experience this for yourself. The problem is intermittent and may take a few sorties to see what I'm talking about. Fly out, attack the enemy, and regroup and climb for altitude. You will notice a couple of planes lagging behind, eventually drop altitude, drop to around 95mph and ditch into the ocean.

I hope you can get to the bottom of this potential BUG - I've had this happen many, many, many times. I've reinstalled DCS many times; both stable and beta - problem still comes back.

Let us know what you find out - and if there's anything I need to do on my end if this in fact is not a BUG after all. Also, let me know how to attach a 40 minute video; I tried lowest quality, lowest resolution, tried to archive it as a .rar file, still no luck uploading it.

ChuckIV

Test Sortie.miz

Bug-Crash.rar

"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few." Winston Churchill

SYSTEM:

Processor - Intel® Core i9-9900KF CPU @ 3.60GHz 3600MHz water-cooled

Installed memory (RAM) - 32.0 GB

64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor

Windows 10 & DCS on SSD

Video Card - water-cooled NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

Internet: Cable 200Mbps 12Mbps

Does the trk file show if either of those aircraft took any damage?

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

• ED Team

Hi

thanks for the info, I did take a look and as far as I can tell it is due to damage on the aircraft's.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Still have a problem - NO ENEMY fighters - STILL lag and crash

BIGNEWY,

OK, I took all the enemy OUT of the mission, did a very simple fly-out to 20,000 feet, flew around with my squadron of 12 planes (4 groups of 3 aircraft), and returned with 50% of my squadron. YES, 6 out of 12 aircraft could not stay aloft after a 40 minute flight. The fly-out was monitored extremely closely. Oil pressure, RPM, temperatures all monitored and withing safety margins. Climb rate between 1500-2900 on the way out. Leveled off at 20,000 and flew the entire sortie at less than 8 lbs. of manifold pressure and 2600 RPM max. Temperature was maintained via radiator monitoring.

I've attached the .miz file again this time WITHOUT any enemy aircraft - therefore NO possibility of damage to the aircraft (unless you include hitting some invisible birds or mighty big mosquitoes!) PLEASE FLY THE MISSION YOURSELF. Climb out like I did - fly for 40 minutes and you will see that HALF of your squadron ditch into the English Channel. First sign of problems is that the groups fall behind and begin to very slowly lose altitude. I also noticed on other missions that lagging, falling groups do NOT respond to TASKS given to them. They go unresponsive as well.

Can you please find out what is going on. This is a problem still BIGNEWY. This could be a [YES BUG]. ChuckIV

Test Sortie2.miz

"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few." Winston Churchill

SYSTEM:

Processor - Intel® Core i9-9900KF CPU @ 3.60GHz 3600MHz water-cooled

Installed memory (RAM) - 32.0 GB

64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor

Windows 10 & DCS on SSD

Video Card - water-cooled NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

Internet: Cable 200Mbps 12Mbps

• ED Team

Thanks, I am investigating

Edit:

Spent a few hours on this trying to find a work around but was unable.

Reported erratic behaviour and inability to RTB successfully on bingo fuel.

Thanks for the report.

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 7 months later...