SAITEK X65F NEW CONTROLSYSTEM

all this stuff coming out in terms of hardware...

i only wish there was news about some upcoming software..

releases i look forward to are..

1) operation flashpoint 2 (it has helis ranging from AH-6J AH-1Z, Z10, Mi-28)

2) DCS A-10C warthog (it has GAU-8... hoping for JDAMs)

3) Battlefield Bad Company 2 (again, helis like apache and Mi24 Hind)

4) ... someone tell me others future releases worth checking out

yes, i know some titles are NOT sim's. these choices are my choices in which i can utilize hardware causes it seems like everything being release for the PC is a Cod4MW69 to MMO war-wack...

x65, g940? what is that..

u guys going to spend 300+ dollars to play lockon? sure, i will race u in a FSX red bull plane..

where are the games?

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CyBerKut...

i hope this motivates you...

simpit009.jpg

my suncom throttle isnt modded yet..but will be by the end of the week..

then i will be in the stage of making 2x MFD's which will use 7" LCDs...

forget the thrustmaster nonsense..

fancy lights and some buttons aint going to do me squat..

i will incorporate rotaries, and rockers and buttons..

hannibal, it does indeed. :thumbup:

Actually, a number of you folks have been inspiring for some time now. A lot of good ideas with the different approaches, to be sure.

Still, I don't mind spending a bit more for a commercial product that 'gets me there' (wherever that happens to be at the moment), and saves me some mucking around. I'd need to do some *serious* cleaning up in the garage to make a decent workshop, so I sometimes end up with projects that get started and then languish. It's my own fault though... I'm basically a lazy @$$. :P

As for the MFD's, I hear you. I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with, and any info you post about how you did it. It is kind of a shame that the Thrustmaster MFDs do not include rotaries, but they don't seem to be too shabby for $79.99. With the right size displays behind them, they could be pretty nice.

Since we are seeing more quality flight sims now and on the near horizon, flexibility / adaptability is ranking a bit higher on my list of considerations. If I take things past the 'clamp the HOTAS down to the desk' approach (Hey, it worked great for MechWarrior! :joystick: ), I'll probably try to keep the non-HOTAS things going toward a multi-pit sort of direction. While the physical switches, rotaries, etc. are appealing and more immersive... there is something to be said for TouchBuddy and some touchscreens. Changing aircraft? Hook up the most appropriate HOTAS controllers and load up the correct TB profiles.

I dunno... decisions, decisions. The G940 vs X65 is interesting, and may sell me on a new FFB HOTAS when all is said and done. I avoided FFB like the plague for years, as I figured it would be something making my aim even worse than it already is. The Black Shark's trim system made FFB desirable to me.

I recently picked up a 22" touch screen. My initial plan was to use that in conjunction with the clickable 3d cockpit in DCS:BS. Once I get a new gaming PC, that may still be the way it goes. But I'm starting to envision some extra touch screens ...

It's a great time to be alive! :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

At this point in time, we have a limited amount of user impressions on the Logitech G940, and even less to go for the Saitek X65. That being said, let the conjecture begin! ;)

It would make no sense to buy something new that is promoted as THE ultimate flight control. The disappointment could be huge after buying one before having the ability to compare it with another one (x65F).

And as a person being chased by bad luck like a thief being chased by rottweilers, the probability of buying the wrong one that does'nt satisfy my needs, is big. Believe me ;). Broken rib, almost fxxed up finger within a month (ok it happened the same day). If I had been a horse, they would have shot me :gun_sniper:.

I'd be very grateful to read all the reviews of the ones that already have bought or will buy the control devices in the future.

Edited by Endoplasmic Reticulum

I used to love her, but I had to kill her

I had to put her, six feet under

And I can still hear her complain

A tribute to BBetty and NNadja

:bye_3:

As for the MFD's, I hear you. I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with, and any info you post about how you did it. It is kind of a shame that the Thrustmaster MFDs do not include rotaries, but they don't seem to be too shabby for $79.99. With the right size displays behind them, they could be pretty nice.

it isnt much to it.

parts from digikey...

7" LCD's (i already have one, im thinkin of getting another one from short-circuit.com - they specialize in car PCs)

and design, obviously will be based off ...

air2_full.jpg

Cockpit%20A10.jpg

it just hit me that the AH64A doesnt use MFDs... :o

maybe 2x MDFs is over kill... start with one first...

Edited by hannibal

• 3 weeks later...
Pre-order, 329,99 Libras

http://www.flightstore.co.uk/prod/SAIX65F/DEPT-FSIM/Y3/

Sokol1_Br

Very interesting. There are some new pics with it and some details in the description. Hopefully Saitek will follow shortly with some more details and larger pictures and some first previews. And I sure hope the price will be tuned...

Edited by Feuerfalke

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Ughm, judging from the description, the stick is TENSOMETRIC. That would be something unique among gaming joysticks.

Well, there's the FSSB mod for the cougar. :)

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

That's mental (and metal)!

I think I'm probably very hard to please, but I can't help thinking that the ideal system is a cross between the Saitek and Logitech. Metal, with the stick layout of the Saitek, force feedback and pedals and possibly the trim axes of the Logitech.

I guess I won't be retiring my (heavily modded) Cougar at all then...which isn't really a bad thing.

"Unique force sensing stick – all input is detected from how hard you push on the stick, just like in real modern day jet fighters

Features on-the-fly adjustment of the force settings for the stick – including separate adjustments for each axis of the stick for the ultimate in stick response configuration"

I can't seem to grok how a stick can be force sensing and force feedback at the same time, or how this would lend itself to a realistic setup for either a Black Shark or an A-10. As for the price, well let's just say that I've never been overwhelmed by the quality of Saitek's products. For this kind of money I hope that they've made a quantum leap forward in terms of quality.

Cheers,

Pogo

Intel I7 920 Std Clock - 6GB DDR3 RAM - 2 x GTX260 SLI - 10K 130GB Velociraptor Drive - Vista 64Bit - Saitek X52 Pro Hotas - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - TrackIR 5

I can't seem to grok how a stick can be force sensing and force feedback at the same time...

The same way you can still sense the position of your arm when arm-wrestling and even regulate the force you need to fight your opponents push.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

I can't seem to grok how a stick can be force sensing and force feedback at the same time, or how this would lend itself to a realistic setup for either a Black Shark or an A-10. As for the price, well let's just say that I've never been overwhelmed by the quality of Saitek's products. For this kind of money I hope that they've made a quantum leap forward in terms of quality.

Cheers,

Pogo

Well, we've been assuming it would be a Force Feedback stick, but that information posted by that store doesn't indicate that it is Force Feedback.

As kaiserb_uk said, it can't be both (assuming the force sensing is essentially the same thing as employed by the F-16's stick). Of course, we should allow for the possibility that it is something that may be different in some key way.

If it is not Force Feedback (which it probably isn't, since that wasn't mentioned in the store's promo material), I don't really think it is something that I'll be anxious to get for DCS:BS. At the moment, it is difficult to see how that setup would be particularly helpful to managing the Black Shark's trim.

I wish Saitek would get out in the press with details, and that we'd start seeing some hands-on reviews (of at least prototypes / pre-sales models) for 3rd parties.

Edited by CyBerkut

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

As there is no official details yet, the information posted in the shop might just be base on Babelfishing the article we saw, or from the current TokyoGameShow. That could be also the source of the pictures.

Thinking about it this way, there's a high chance this description is based on babelfish or something was lost in translation in some way or the other. So force-sensitve could very well describe the Hall-Sensors the X65F comes equiped with.

$500 + .... Too expensive for me!

http://www.flightstore.co.uk/prod/SAIX65F/DEPT-FSIM/Y3/

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Broke up with GF a while ago. I can afford it now :D

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals